Toolbar Dial is a browser extension that replaces the New Tab page with a colorful grid of bookmarks and folders.
Toolbar Dial is a browser extension that replaces the New Tab page with a colorful grid of bookmarks and folders. It Feels Good to Be in Charge Like an airplane that offers a pilot many controls at their command, Toolbar Dial offers a myriad of options to fine tune the appearance to your liking. No configuration is required, though, and opinionated defaults have been automatically selected for you. Live by the URL, die by the URL? Not with Toolbar Dial! Web browsers often include a built-in new-tab page with a list of frequently visited sites, but they offer only a single letter representing the website. With Toolbar Dial, you have the option to view a stylized representation of the URL, or choose to use the bookmark's title as the representation in the dial instead. It's your choice! Made to Fit With an option to specify the maximum number of columns, rest assured that the visualized grid perfectly complements the number of bookmarks displayed by Toolbar Dial. Have a ton of bookmarks? No problem! Select the 'Unlimited' option to fill up your devices screen. Choose what fits you best! Find a Perfect Background Toolbar Dial offers a curated collection of complementary background colors and images. Have a favorite photo of your family -- or vehicle? (We're not judging!) Browse your device and select a favorite photo to use as the background image. If you'd rather utilize a solid color background that doesn't distract you from the many choices of websites you have to visit, that's an option as well! Customize the color with the color picker, or enter the HEX code of your favorite color. Turn Out the Lights By default, Toolbar Dial uses your device's theme to style modals, context menus, and the Options page. However, with a simple preference change, the Light theme or Dark theme will override the device theme. Conditional to the theme being used, a dark color or light color is placed behind the title text displayed beneath dials, to help increase contrast with background images. If your device theme automatically changes based on time of day, leave the option to 'Device Theme' to keep Toolbar Dial synchronized. Default Folder Toolbar Dial gets its name from the characteristic of which bookmarks are displayed as dials on the grid. When first ran, bookmarks in the 'Bookmarks Toolbar' folder, for Firefox, or the 'Bookmarks bar' folder for Chrome, are used to populate the grid. The Options page offers a preference to select any folder to be used as the default folder instead. Have a certain folder that you use for work or school? Simply change the preference in Options and immediately find those bookmarks displayed on the grid! It couldn't be simpler! Open Bookmarks in New Tab One of the great features of Toolbar Dial is that if you navigate to a nested bookmark folder and then visit a website, your current location will be remembered by the browser when you later click the back button and return to Toolbar Dial. However, if you'd prefer to always open in a new tab, that option is available as well! Humble Beginnings Originally created as a Firefox addon inspired by Opera's Speed Dial, Toolbar Dial has evolved to become a highly desired new-tab replacement for modern web browsers. Please continue sending notes with suggested enhancements and special requests that would make Toolbar Dial an even more desirable experience in your life. Your feedback drives the future of Toolbar Dial and will make it even better. It's All About the Feels To all who have written emails and left reviews with kind words about how Toolbar Dial has become your preferred new-tab replacement for Firefox, Chrome, and the new Edge browser -- thank you! It's your continued support that makes the many hours spent developing Toolbar Dial worth it.
- (2021-05-24) Cody Holt: It's a great addon, but I wish it were a bit more like Opera GX speed dial in terms of functionality. Specially how you can drag and drop tiles onto each other to either create a new folder or add a tile into a folder. Another feature I'd like from GX is a popup folder rather than loading the whole page into a folder when clicked on. If these were added I think it'd be a lot easier to use.
- (2021-04-30) Zeljko Velickovic: Add the function to import / export
- (2021-04-17) nexisn1 _4_Htpc: Very Good! but i can't see image in the icons.
- (2021-03-24) general general: The Perfect speed dial extension, really. It took me a while to find it though, if it had 'speed dial' somewhere in the title it would be up there at the top. Cheers Dev!
- (2021-02-08) Bertram Simon: I like and use it.
- (2020-02-04) Ken Watson: 1. Open in new tab choice doesn't work. 2. Down arrow for options doesn't work correctly. You must click in the center of the bar not on the down arrow.
- (2019-09-20) Amanda Peper: C'est exactement ce que je cherchais.
- (2019-06-15) Danny: I hope to add more customization features,add and delete bookmarks on the start page, set the number of columns, set the thumbnails
- (2021-02-08, v:2.0.1) Bertram Simon: Color customizing
I would prefer to set my own colors. Could you add an option for this? Perhaps start- and end background color for gradients and one foreground color per letter?
- (2020-01-25, v:1.0.13) Ken Watson: Open bookmarks in new tab
Not working correctly. Opens in current tab.