The Freedom website blocker gives you control over distracting websites, so you can focus on what matters most.
The Freedom Chrome extension provides our "green screen" on websites blocked by Freedom. When you visit a blocked website, you'll see our calming green screen and be directed back towards your work. On Mac and Windows devices, the Freedom extension is designed to be paired with our desktop apps. On ChromeOS (ChromeBooks) and Linux devices, Freedom connects directly to our service and enables you to block websites or the entire internet. The Freedom Chrome extension works with both our trial (free) and premium (paid) accounts. We offer a range of extensions to help you improve your digital habits, including Pause, Insight, and Limit. Thousands of people rely on Freedom every day to write, study, cook, design, build, play, think, learn, and find the focus to do the things that truly matter. We're honored to help you. For more information → https://support.freedom.to/getting-started/set-up-installation/browser-extension
- (2021-10-07) Judith Pearce: I paid for the lifetime version, approx $64. I checked to ensure all features were correct and compatible with my laptop. Wished I'd read the reviews here as it doesn't work and for that amount of money it should work which zero glitches. I'm asking for a refund as I'm not wasting money on an unreliable product that sometimes blocks things and sometimes doesn't, and ignores my whitelist despite that being an advertised feature. I sent freedom the troubleshoot info and screenshots so now hope they'll do the decent thing and offer me a refund.
- (2021-09-26) Mike Alms: This thing is garbage. Way too glitchy. Most of the time it doesn't work. It's supposed to make you waste less time but the app wastes time with all the confusing, unintuitive editing features and its failures to function.
- (2021-08-12) Hikari: While the Freedom App and subscription is stellar, I don't get the point of this extension. Is this just a fat bookmark to the management page? Why isn't it so that I can add a current page directly to my blocklists when you catch yourself ? So much wasted potential.
- (2021-07-17) Loris Stavrinides: Worth it! This is definitely what I was looking for, and glad that I paid for the full lifetime premium license supporting the product's development. The app and extensions work perfectly across my multiple devices (desktop pc, laptop pc, android phone). I can block websites and apps on either OS. Most importantly I can set different schedule profiles. I use this to block access to work-related apps and websites when I'm at home relaxing during workday evenings, and full-days during the weekends, so the multiple scheduling functionality was what really made me consider this. Oh, and the green screen paired with the logo gives you indeed a nice sense of... freedom :)
- (2021-07-07) Max Miller: Paid product.
- (2021-07-05) Fathoni A. Musyaffa: Excellent on Windows and Android, but could not figure out how I could add Linux devices. I surely hope that the Linux build (at least for debian-based package distribution) comes soon, and not only in the form of browser extension.
- (2021-07-03) Christos: need payment for everything
- (2021-04-05) Sarah Webster: I love this! Worth the money for premium. Using it without issue across android, mac, windows and linux. Two small issues with the drop-down menu for the Chrome extension: 1. the days of recurring schedules that are listed are off by one, e.g. a schedule that runs on Saturday, Sunday will be listed as Friday, Saturday (The schedules still run at the correct times however) 2. "Blocklist" is spelt "Blockllist" Thanks Freedom! <3
- (2021-03-25) 식빵: 사용자분들. 이거 컴퓨터에 앱 깔아야 정상적으로 잘 작동될거에요! 확장 프로그램으로 아무리 설정해도 계속 잠금안되는데 앱까니까 바로 다 차단되네요~! 앱 너무 좋음...진짜 평생쓸게요..
- (2021-03-22) gustavo monte: Doesn't work. Tried using it on Twitch by setting 0~5 min . It didn't prompt a warning nor did send me to Freedom's green screen when time reached its limit.
- (2021-03-21) Nathan Foulk: Overall, a good app. But I desperately would like a better way to submit product requests. The Google form is a very bad system. Happy to change my review to 5 stars once I see some improvement in this regard. Heck, I'd be willing to pay much more for the subscription if we could just get some keyword blocking.
- (2021-03-10) Ethan Wolinsky: Freedom is a good app, but there are numerous improvements that could be made and the company just doesn't seem interested in them. The last major update I can remember was not an actual feature, but adding coffee shop sounds to the website. Off the top of my head I could think of a native linux app, password protection against removal, and a vpn or iphone configuration payload, but over time I have lost hope that we'll see any major improvements.
- (2021-02-03) Robert Goulding: This is a great product. I especially like the fact that it can block phone apps as well, and that I can have different kinds of websites blocked at different times (unblock gmail for just certain hours of the day, for example). I have two Chromebook related questions. First, the Android app isn't available for Chromebook, with the result that Android apps that I have blocked on my phone are still available on my Chromebook. Second, for those of us with literally no willpower, can you make it possible to block chrome://extensions as some other website blockers do. Otherwise it's too easy to decide that you *really* need to access one of the banned sites when Freedom is active, and just turn off the Freedom extension temporarily.
- (2021-01-25) Ian Erhard: Quality app in general. However, there's one very annoying bug in the Windows app: When you click on the Freedom icon during a session, a green box appears that says "Your Freedom session has started. ##:##:##", where the last part is a countdown. This box then stays on my screen regardless of what I do. Fix this bug and I'll give 5 stars.
- (2021-01-20) Javier Solis Flores: no es gratuito, desinstalando
- (2020-10-19) sojy john: Nice! I have been using the paid version for some years now and is a great productivity booster. Not sure how many hours it has saved me. I'm using in all my phones and laptops. Thanks to the developers.
- (2020-08-15) Colorful Vacation Girl: I prefer Blocksite over freedom because it's free and the setting page is too complicated for me. Plus it does have motivational pictures. I like your other products better than Freedom. I love Limit, Pause, and Insight but this was a very disappointing
- (2020-08-10) Sonaly Espinoza Zuñiga: me a encantado
- (2020-08-05) Dylan Benotto: Worth the money for the premium product and also great extension, much love from Italy!
- (2020-07-06) Amixters J G: muy buena la recomiendo
- (2020-04-15) "Make sure that the Freedom app is downloaded and running on your Mac or Windows computer" Does the Chrome extension need the app running on my computer?
- (2020-04-12) gideonsward: waist of my time
- (2019-11-25) Jenna Guffogg: When Freedom works, it is fantastic. The problem is that it sporadically won't work. I've re-installed this multiple times on my laptop and after a week or so, the program just stops working, and the pre-scheduled time blocks simply don't start. Same for the Chrome extension. I've tried re-installing, which fixes the app for a week or so... and then it stops working again. I purchased this a few months ago and probably won't be renewing it when my sub expires. (FWIW it works fine on my phone 100% of the time. It's just laptop/ chrome I struggle with).
- (2019-08-09) Blaise Mathai: Prompts you to give email to start using it and then tells you that you have to pay for it. Wouldn't have added it if I knew it was a paid application, and jesus christ is the thing expensive. You need to subscribe just to block a website. Move to china and they'll do it for you for free :-)
- (2019-08-01) Fritz Wegen: Requires account to use. The functionality could have been handled with a local file set-up. Not willing to share my data
- (2019-05-25) Jonas Vollmer: It would be nice if the URL of the blocked site was chrome-extension://…/#url=https://www.facebook.com/… instead of https://blocked.freedom.to/ (without any further parameters). Otherwise, if you close and re-open the browser while a tab has been blocked, you don't know anymore which website it was and can't recover the tab. (The behavior should be like that of "The Great Suspender" extension, which has a different purpose but works in a similar way.)
- (2018-12-02) A C: Great product...when it works. Which is completely sporadic. Preset scheduled sessions randomly don't engage at all, for no explicable reason. For example, you have a recurrent session set to start Mon, Tues, Weds, at 11:00 and it will work correctly Monday and Wednesday, but not Tuesday one week, and the next work perfectly, and the one after that, skip Monday, but Tuesday and Wednesday work. It's extremely frustrating. Prescheduled sessions also sometimes start at a slightly varying time, such as an 11:00 session starting at 11:06 one night, or 11:02 another.
- (2018-08-07) 1 2: would not block facebook
- (2018-02-25) Anurag Sharma: doesn't work for linux
- (2017-05-25) Public Email: It's really unreliable. It'll work for me for several days and then just stop working. Moving to trash and reinstalling has helped, but who's got time to repeatedly do that. It works consistently on my phone/apps. But the desktop version is a mess.
- (2017-03-23) Levi Hsia: cannot run on my ubuntu desktop since they donnot offer ubuntu client
- (2017-01-04) Jasey: Freedom has changed my life.
- (2016-12-01) best
- (2016-11-01) Jessica Good: Absolutely perfect for me, works on my ipad and the different browsers on my laptop. I run a business and manage social media for people in my spare time. it has enabled me to effectively separate the two. No more falling down the rabbit hole of wasted time.
- (2016-09-27) Jared Canty: I used a couple of productivity aids prior to this but none have quite taken me to level that freedom has been able to, commanding my college routine with the schedule feature on premium has been priceless to me , thanks Freedom
- (2016-08-01) Tim Flannery: Freedom's been a godsend for my productivity. It's the only way I've been able to harness my ADD and focus on the tasks at hand. Kudos to the team.
- (2016-07-12) Andrew Persaud: Only works in conjunction with the main Freedom application, and it works perfectly. The green is pleasant and it quickly informs you that you're trying to access a blocked site. It's very useful when accessing distracting sites is more of a reflex/impulse than anything else.
- (2021-03-22, v:17.0.11) Xuân-Minh: Do I need this extension when I'm already running the (paid) desktop version of Freedom?
See subject line. Does the Chrome extension do anything the desktop app can't? Thanks in advance.
- (2021-02-04, v:17.0.8) Gaelynn Lea: Freedom isn't blocking my Gmail
I am on a chromebook and Freedom isn't blocking my Gmail, even though I've added it to the list - please help!
- (2020-11-16, v:17.0.8) Brenda Griffin: My year unlimited subscrption is missing I purchase on 11/14 $20.30
My free year purchase is missing
- (2020-01-07, v:17.0.3) Kyla Chatterton: DARK MODE
HOW DO i SHUT OFF DARK MODE FOR CHROME????