Stay focused and improve productivity. Easily block any distracting or harmful website. Stop procrastination once and for all!
- (2021-07-28) Aaron Chan: This used to be my go-to, but ever since they put up that ridiculous paywall for even the simplest of features (like blocking more than 6 sites), I cannot recommend this to anyone.
- (2021-07-28) vedha reddy: very nice helps me concentrate
- (2021-07-28) David Ondrejek: Why is the schedule affecting focus mode? I want to have some apps blocked by schedule (early mornings and late evenings) - but when I use focus mode during the day it simply doesn't work, because it's not the schedule hours... WHAT? This is actually so bad.
- (2021-07-28) VeVi!VeinsOfMusic: This site is terrific in terms of productivizing me But for past few days, the sites in focus mode are also working during focus mode. Does anybody know how to rectify it?
- (2021-07-27) Andrew Mullins: Doesn't work. I manually added YouTube to the block list and it's just not blocked, despite the extension being on and active.
- (2021-07-27) sancho g: I used to very much like this extension and used it often to focus on work, now it's barely useable to me. After closing my web browser and shutting off my computer, my next boot up BlockSite will not block sites anymore. Only "fix" was to reinstall BlockSite each time. Worse off, BlockSite has been very aggressive with advertising BlockSite Unlimited, its premium plan. Long before they had the "block sites" button on the Quick Access bar, now they've started to push down the enable block sites button and keeping the Unlimited plan buttons and advertisements first on the list. Will not reinstall Blocksite anymore with these aggressive ads.
- (2021-07-26) Kathy M. Palmer: The cost n 3 day free trial turned me off immediately this app offers nothing additional to the security focus used with Norton internet security software, a VPN service, and I purchased in standalone routers that is another layer of protection all the named above offer in their offerings ability to block or confuse any website i wish to avoid or block .Lastly, WiFi mesh extenders, offer unknown or changing IP address.
- (2021-07-25) Retroker: Na verdade, o pop-up para manter foco no YouTube não dá pra tirar e é mais chato que os próprios sites bloqueados pela extensão, incomoda bastante. Agora é pago também, tem limite de sites bloqueados então... não ajuda muito
- (2021-07-25) Sam Zackrisson: Does its job well, but has lately gotten really pushy with notifications about blocking more sites.
- (2021-07-25) ferasiko namli: 不是很好用
- (2021-07-24) Aleksandr Chichikov: It does what it's supposed to, and I'm grateful for it. But 99$ a year for storing my blocked sites in the cloud for sync? Which is probably just one little JSON array of strings? Are you going to store them on RAID array of premium data center SSD's???? How come it cost so much? :D I don't buy at all into other pro features. Slap a chart.js for "real time browsing stats"? Around a day of development for a seasoned dev. Category blocking? That's just dictionary lookup, you really need every user's 99$ __a year__ to support a list of websites by a category? Choosing your own block page - that's just silly to charge for it, it should've been free. It's good for what it does, but "Unlimited" is a ripoff of magnitude I haven't seen in a while. I seriously consider just building a free alternative extension with cloud sync just out of spite.
- (2021-07-23) 56 independent: I do love this. It helps me keep productive on programming. But, i feel that if this was open source, then progress on this would come a lot quicker.
- (2021-07-23) CervidaeAxis: Gets the job done, but seems to have become more incessant about upgrading to premium over time (you're only allowed to block a max of 6 sites without it, not sure if I remember this being a thing a couple years ago)
- (2021-07-23) Ольга Ольга: Сразу после установки перекидывает на планы оплаты. Думаю, информацию о платности / бесплатности приложения стоит указывать ДО установки.
- (2021-07-22) Érika Augusto Andrade: Extensão paga
- (2021-07-22) Sarabjeet singh: Excellent tool to focus on things that matter.
- (2021-07-21) big papa: muy bueno, si eres una persona de dinero te la recomiendo, si no tienes lana pues nimodo hay que conformarse con lo que tiene uno, a mi sobrino le bloquee el porno y si funciono, lleva 2 dias sin autocomplaserse
- (2021-07-18) Alexander Hyun: This works great, like when I do homework or other things like that! I love the "focus mode" cuz I don't have to block or unblock specific site and just click.😁
- (2021-07-17) Tiny Giraffes: This does not work and will stop your entire connection from working. Just lost 2 hours of work, and 4 hours stuck offline from it.
- (2021-07-17) Egemen Özbek: It used to be a great extension for productivity. Not anymore. BlockSite developers, please hear me and the other thousands that is complaining about not being able to use password protection. Just make password protection an option for free version again otherwise losing a majority of your happy users will be inevitable. Thanks.
- (2021-07-16) Will Smith: The free version is a trash. Without a password protection this extension is useless.
- (2021-07-15) E.L Rivera: i loved the previous version with the password but now its for those who can afford, as a uni student this isn't it. :/
- (2021-07-14) Unkas3D: It's not possible to block sites in focus mode anymore, rendering the extension useless
- (2021-07-14) Nero: Used to be great, but is progressively putting feature after feature behind a paywall. Now even to use the password functionality you need to pay. The abscence of password protection makes the extension useless.
- (2021-07-13) Camille COLRAT: I can't download previous version where putting password was free... I would like to put a password to protect the extension but now it's impossible with new version...! Damage..!
- (2021-07-13) Karine Alex: Déçu... Maintenant il faut payer pour avoir la protection avec mot de passe sérieusement, ça devient donc inutile quand la personne à qui vous souhaitez bloquez les sites sait ou se trouve l'extension et sait la supprimée...
- (2021-07-12) clara: It used to be great when password blocker wasn't premium, now it's just useless, unless you pay for it. Unninstaling and downloading an alternative extension
- (2021-07-12) Vikrant Sharma: Good work guys, good extension I can use at workplace to help me from getting distracted from social media websites. Lock screen is also good and workplace friendly with good messages. I want one more thing in this extension. Link removal steps should be long so that I will not remove links 10 to 15 time in a day.
- (2021-07-10) Cauan_4321: antes era de graça agr tem q pagar pra colocar senha vcs só pensam em dinheiro mds
- (2021-07-10) Tien Kai-Wen: Updates (2021.07.10): I used to love this extension but it become more and more limited every upgrade. The recent upgrade changed "password protection" to pro users, and this makes the extension useless for free account. Now, you cannot create attractive new features so what you can do just turning old features for free account to pro account ???? I know you want to gain profits and I think the extension is worth it. But, don't you know the pro account price is too High? ---- The extension is very good and easy to use. It is really helpful for self-control. But, just as the previous user asked, is it possible make it irremovable from chrome without password. This extension will be perfect with the feature. Overall, I really like it, thank you! :)
- (2021-07-10) Vinayak Pandey: nice
- (2021-07-10) Anthony E.: I liked it, But I feel like when you start focus mode it should make you unable to access the site
- (2021-07-10) Igor Rocha: Used to love it, but now the feature to add a password for the settings is only for pro users, so it became too easy to just unblock whatever websites I want to access.... Also, the price is very prohibiting for people who use currencies weaker than the U.S. dollar, as is the case here in Brazil.
- (2021-07-09) Cynthia CindyStar4: Era ótimo, agora tem que pagar pra usar. Removendo...
- (2021-07-08) Zay-Dez Johnson: thank you for this app i downloaded this app so my weird little brother can't play fnf anymore
- (2021-07-08) Andrew Terentyev: I loved you, but goodbye - it was a great time while it lasted. I used to LOVE this extension, a long time ago, and had it on every browser on every computer. Lately I'm using it less, and now there's a new daily "reminder" to use the extension more in EVERY browser window on EVERY computer (work, gaming, utility, sandbox...). Popups are a fast track o uninstallation.
- (2021-07-08) Rafał Kopka: Does great what it's supposed to do.
- (2021-07-07) FamilySorensen: I use this to keep myself on track while working and it has helped me be more productive! I do wish the focus timer has and audio chime or something to tell me when it is time to take breaks. I would be great to have custom audio alerts as well. I get so focused, I have missed my breaks several times and sit at my desk too long.
- (2021-07-07) desmormos: There are now out of nowhere "would you like to block this site?" prompts on almost every webpage that I can't close. I have to refresh the page to get rid of them. Will not be annoyed into buying an expensive service. Have to uninstall. Will not change my rating so do not copy paste the response asking me to.
- (2021-07-07) Achintya Pandey: work well except some site hope they will block in future although they're worthy of 5 stars
- (2021-07-06) Matthew Cooper: Paywalls, intrusive pop-ups, you can only block 6 websites for free.
- (2021-07-05) Rahul Iyer: Works fine for blocking. But asks if i want to block new websites with a huge popup to save time. Even ones like gmail because "It will increase productivity by 10%" lol. Can't trust the usage of its data then,
- (2021-07-05) Andreas Petrov: I only use it to block a few sites that distract me during working hours. However, recently the extension has started suggesting I add certain sites to the block list. PLEASE let me turn off these suggestions in settings.
- (2021-07-05) Chikato 710: RandallCarlson.com is not an adult site! Remove this from your blocklist immediately! You are preventing knowledge and education and that's utter bull. Automatically blocking that site out of all sites! Really?! Removed and 1-star.
- (2021-07-03) Ben Gardner: Block Site lost HUNDREDS of keywords after the last update. Be warned. Removing and will not use again.
- (2021-07-02) Zhiyu Xiong: It definitely disturbed me. When they find it hard to earn, they did more and more disgusting things, like limitation of url numbers. Recently it even become slow, and response with silence when I click its button. I can't even uninstall this s**t because it locked my chrome extension! Honestly dude, you really deserve this 1-star remark which cost my 5 minutes to write down.
- (2021-06-30) Mary Pickford Theater: This was a great extension to start. But they have been gradually removing items from the free version. You can't even password protect the extension anymore without paying! So my child can just go in and change any settings they want.
- (2021-06-26) Ivan guevara: virus lul
- (2021-06-25) Guilherme Marques: Grande b*sta, bloqueia no máximo 6 sites e de qualquer forma a aba aparece. Se não pode fazer direito o que o próprio nome indica é inútil.
- (2021-06-23) jay park: is there a way to stop uninstalling or pausing the extension? those can be done so easily if I right click the icon of extension and toggle the button in the extension page on chrome
- (2013-02-28, v:1.0.8) Andres Garrido: Facebook
Facebook is permanently blocked. There is no way to access it. I've tried disabling the extension, I've tried putting Facebook on the whitelist, I've tried proxies, I've even tried reinstalling Google Chrome, but nothing allows me to use Facebook for whatever reason.
- (2012-09-22, v:1.0.5) Ian Staff: Technically not new...
Would it be possible to implement wildcards on the Chrome version, as with the Firefox version?