Simplest website blocker, Stay focused and improve productivity. Stop procrastination once and for all!
PoD(Price of Distraction) is the only chrome extension which could help you stay focused and improve your efficiency during pomodoro immediately. Yes. we said 'immediately'. Not like other extensions(e.g. StayFocusd) simply run as website blocker, PoD is much powerful: - Simplest website blocker in Chrome Store - Punish you for your distraction browsing - Tell you which website takes most of your time, and comprehensive report of your browsing history analysis 4 simple steps to unleash your productivity: - Download PoD(Price of Distraction) - Add websites you want block - Write down a secret (the secret will be revealed to your friends when you force terminate the focus timer) - Start timer, keep focus for a 20 minutes pomodoro You would found you won't touch the distractive websites anymore, not forced by PoD or any other extensions, but all by yourself. Pomodoro® and The Pomodoro Technique® are trademarks of Francesco Cirillo. Marinara is not affiliated or associated with or endorsed by Pomodoro®, The Pomodoro Technique® or Francesco Cirillo. Changelogs: 1.0.9: - bug fix in site blocker - enhanced as blocker for facebook - enhanced as blocker for youtube - enhanced as blocker for reddit 1.0.8: - spell error fix - improved package description, added "simplest website blocker" 1.0.7: - bug fix in website blocker logic - website blocker will not stop working in case of user waive 1.0.5: - bug fix in punish email sending 1.0.4: - added email punishment as a new feature compare to dayboard - and it's a comprehensive website blocker now, not not only a site blocker 1.0.3: - added performance chart as a new feature which Stayfocusd doesn't have 1.0.2: - site blocker comes in to picture - mock data with blocker for facebook, blocker for youtube, blocker for vk - mock data also compatible with blcokerfor vk, blockerfor facebook, blockerfor youtube
- (2021-01-31) Yama bird: I like it because it doesn't allow me to edit the block list. The block works as excellent as it is. I WISH that the timer isn't limited on hours to block em. I wish it strictly doesn't allow anyone to stop the timer and so I can control my stubborn mind. Please add that feature. I would rate you guys 5 stars. PROMISE.
- (2021-01-25) Isaiah Lawsom: This app is the best extension that is focused on productivity. All the other web site blocking extensions usually come with some limit or caveat. However this one delivers all that is needed. I love the punishment or penalty of violating the timer, which is the only extension that offers something like this, at least, that's what I know from experience. A notification when the time is up would be ok, but at the same time, I like that there are no notifications. Once I get in the groove, I really don't need or want a notification to interrupt me. Thanks!
- (2021-01-15) KD Smith: Works really well! I need a notification when time is over, though! So I can track my work. A break timer timer would be nice too, but definitely need that option notification when the times up
- (2020-12-03) Armen Stepanyan: didn't work
- (2020-11-18) 毛芷灵: helpful and free!
- (2020-11-17) L F: This app is very helpful but please if possible, could a whitelist be added and I also agree with the other reviewer if a notification when time is over, and a timer for short 5 mins breaks and long breaks with all timers starting automatically (if possible) which is extremely helpful in the long run. Timers restarting automatically can be impactful when you get too immersed in a break.
- (2020-11-13) Rafał Ścisłowski: Works well even if the page is behind other page. I use it as an extension to the mighty STAYFOCUSD because Stayfocusd doesn't block pages behind the page that are "pointed" by you and this extension works whatever happens alghough it has less functionalities
- (2020-08-09) Laura Mojica: Unlike other apps, this has a minimalistic and pleasant design. I does the job at blocking the distracting websites you choose, but it needs at least two more features (i) a notification when time is over, and (ii) a timer for short 5 mins breaks and long breaks.
- (2019-10-27) gana riya: I love this app. I'd like to want the function such that if timer is finish, alarm rings or pop up message. Thank you!
- (2019-10-03) Sal Fishman: LOVE IT! :)
- (2019-08-23) Lisa Tian: the most helpful extension I had, ever!