Quickly and securely access all of your IT Glue passwords, create passwords, and preview your assets right from within Chrome.
For all IT Glue and Chrome users, we are excited to offer the IT Glue Chrome Extension. Now, all of the passwords and other assets you’ve stored in IT Glue can be viewed and accessed quickly and securely within Chrome. This means no more switching pages and no more copy/paste of usernames and passwords to sign in to websites and services. Passwords Once added to Chrome, you’ll see the IT Glue logo in the top-right corner of your browser. The extension will detect the website you're visiting, and will display the passwords for that website. Clicking the password you want to use will fill the username and password fields. This is going to save your techs a lot of time. No longer will they need to switch back and forth between IT Glue and whatever they’re working on - they won’t even have to look up the password at all. You will also be able to create passwords directly from within the Chrome Extension. Search and Asset Preview With the IT Glue Chrome Extension, you’ll have quick search functionality from any web page. Simply hit ‘Q’ to bring up the search bar. Enter your search query, and when you scroll through the list of returned assets, a preview of each will appear. You’ll be able to use this preview pane to access information, such as model and serial number of an asset, without leaving the web page you were on. Shared Session The IT Glue Chrome Extension and Web App have shared session capabilities, so if you are logged into one, you are automatically logged into the other. Once you’ve signed into IT Glue’s web app, you’ll be able to use the Chrome Extension to access information in IT Glue, no matter what web page you’re on. Security The IT Glue Chrome Extension supports Single Sign-On (SSO), should your organization be using it. Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) is also available for the IT Glue Chrome Extension, should you wish to log in through the extension directly. IT Glue is SOC 2 compliant, and that peace of mind extends to our Chrome Extension as well. Furthermore, the Chrome Extension prevents shoulder surfers from seeing confidential passwords, since you won’t need to copy and paste passwords - you can copy without revealing the password, just as in the IT Glue web app. The IT Glue Knowledge Base contains further information about how to get the most out of the Chrome Extension’s many features.
- (2019-09-03) Damien Chimes: Glitchy and frustrating to use. Forces itself over other buttons on website and no way to remove it temporarily doesn't auto fill properly, often overwrites fields on unrelated subpages because the domain matches. (had a wireless SSID renamed to my email address because i log into the WAP controller with it. )
- (2019-08-30) Chris Gibbs: Would be the best out there if it could identify telephone numbers, put a glue icon next to them with an option to add to an organisation with contact name. Efficiency would be on point.
- (2019-08-11) Taylor O'Brien: Weird overlay on check boxes. Lots of other stange browser behaviour i.e https://www.nzpost.co.nz/tools/tracking Looks to be applying styles to the browser. Also need to be able to disable for specific sites as ITG logo gets in the way of other controls.
- (2019-08-02) Cameron Greene: latest update is bad added little green boxes on all tick boxes when on Office 365 or AutoTask???
- (2018-12-14) Tony Streatfield: When it works its great. However recently it just keeps signing its self out and I cannot log in using the username/password option. Only single sign on is working.
- (2018-06-28) Dave King: I cannot login. I click the button and it does nothing. I guess as I have 2FA enabled...
- (2018-05-24) Sandeep Sagar Patchipulusu: Keeps jumping back to logon prompt, no matter how many times I login to the extension. Useless!
- (2018-05-04) Leah Oliver: I like the extension for the most part. However, it would be nice to have the option to disable the IT Glue button in the password box. I use LastPass as well and the IT Glue button always blocks out the LastPass button. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with the extension. Keep up the good work!
- (2018-03-27) Jaime -: It's pretty good at finding the password boxes. I only dislike how often I need to login to it. It would be nice if it had the option to remember password and also the device to skip 2FA.
- (2018-01-18) Jay P: I rather enjoyed using this extension, however not sure why they need to update the extension to add "Detect your physical location"
- (2018-01-16) Jacob Jones: Everything needed right at your fingertips.
- (2017-12-20) Jason Gallavin: It keeps logging me out every time I close the browser window. What a waste of time!
- (2017-10-06) Callum Galloway: Awesome!
- (2017-09-12) JS Computek: seems hit or miss on it showing up in the login boxes. Nice to know you guys are continuing to improve your product with these add ons though!
- (2017-09-02) Casey Casey: why does it work so well?!
- (2017-09-01) Marcel Manning: I love you IT Glue, you've made my dreams come true. This is exactly what was missing!!!!
- (2017-08-29) Josh Stevenson: IT Glue makes my life even easier, again. Thanks.
- (2017-08-28) Zachary Parker: For business documentation passwords this is amazing. Has made finding and using passwords for logging in so much easier.
- (2017-08-25) Todd Gengenbach: Great addition to a great product!
- (2017-08-25) Notebook Gateway: Haven't used it yet, but wohoo
- (2017-08-25) Ernest Murry: An excellent addition to a fantastic service!
- (2017-08-24) Rick Tetreau: Thanks for making this extension! We have been waiting for this to begin using IT Glue for our password manager.
- (2019-08-12, v:184.108.40.206) Ben Pike: Some web pages don't render properly when extension is enabled
When the IT Glue extension is enabled and I attempt to load enterprise.com - the page does not render properly. If I disable the extension - it loads properly.
- (2019-08-02, v:220.127.116.11) Axe Murderer: Reddit Title Case Problem
I've diagnosed a problem with your chrome extension on reddit. If the app is enabled and you're logged in to reddit and you've opted out of the site redesign (you're using classic reddit) the extension will cause every original post/title to be entirely in title case. IE a post that starts off with: "All this Equifax and hurricane stuff has made me a bit more weary of my financial security..." becomes: "All This Equifax And Hurricane Stuff Has Made Me A Bit More Weary Of My Financial Security..." Original posts also highlight with an underline while the extension is enabled like they're a clickable link, though they don't do anything when clicked. The problem is immediately resolved by toggling the IT Glue extension off or restricting its access to reddit. This problem doesn't seem to impact the reddit redesign, only the classic side. An imgur album showing the problem in action: https://imgur.com/a/jDQJq0O
- (2019-04-04, v:18.104.22.168) Serge Paquin: "q" character captured and causes issues with VMWare Console
I can't see anyway to disable the "q" key from showing the search popup. The problem is when using the VMWare Web Console I can't type "q" to a virtual machine since the plugin captures the keystroke. It would be ideal to be able to disable that or maybe disable it for certain sites.
- (2019-04-01, v:22.214.171.124) Damien Chimes: Password field icon covers other buttons like forgotten password or reveal password.
Need to have the option to move the icon
- (2018-09-20, v:126.96.36.199) Breaks Teamviewer management console, need exceptions list
Please add an exceptions list so I can turn off the extension for certain domains. I can't use Teamviewer Management Console in Chrome, for example, whenever ITGlue extension is enabled. Try renaming or sharing groups of PCs if you have access on your end (little pencil does not appear properly). Other randomness too.