Search across multiple genealogy sites for matching records.
RootsSearch allows you to search the most popular genealogy websites for records relating to your ancestors. When viewing an ancestor in an online tree or a record from a genealogy website, RootsSearch allows you to search for matching records on other genealogy record sites. RootsSearch supports FamilySearch, Ancestry, and many more.
- (2019-09-12) Loweja Dogs: I cant seem to get it to work at all. I am in Australia. Also, does one have to click on each and every site on the first page to search?. I would have thought after entering all the information it would search all sites at once. Doesnt have a >Search> button at bottom of page. When i did have it working yonks ago it only would search one site at a time and then results were practically zero.
- (2017-04-13) Diane Trotter: It is convenient when it captures all of the information. Sometimes I have to type it in. It does better on familysearch.org. On Ancestry, if there is a tree available, it pops up.
- (2017-03-21) jason light: Not what I expected. Should have described it for beginners - anyone with genealogical knowledge doesnt need it
- (2016-11-03) Irina Svetlowa: Hi, I am interested in acquiring your extension "RootsSearch". Please contact me at: [email protected]
- (2016-05-20) dedy satryawan: GOOD
- (2015-12-31) N Young: Maximizes search capability, while minimizes keystrokes. Brilliant!
- (2015-12-17) Joan Gass: i am a senior person and dont understand anything you or ancestry is talking about. please help, 'joan pollock gass
- (2015-12-12) Gail Madsenclayton: love it when it works, it quit. Guess I will try to restart my computer and see if that helps
- (2015-10-08) Robin McNally: Huge time-saving tool for genealogy research. No more tediously typing and retyping the same details into multiple search engines. It now opens a new tab for the search form instead of a little popup, which is fine except it takes a while to load. Popup was quicker.
- (2015-09-27) Kimball Carter: It's a little finicky, but doe a decent job of searching multiple sites.
- (2015-06-07) Elaine Prows: Saves me lots of time and easy access to other partner sites from family search
- (2015-05-22) Ronald Ando: rgyt
- (2014-12-29) Peter Layzell: This is very USA orientated with only Family Search, Ancestry and FMP of use to UK or Europeans. Although it will search from Family search to FMP it does not search in the opposite direction from my computer. Probably a useful app in the US but not worth having in the UK or Europe.
- (2014-12-17) Billy Huffman: Best thing every makes searching so much easier and less time consuming
- (2014-11-24) Sandy KJ: It is wonderful!! Easy to use. Please add option to search MyHeritage and FindMyPast.
- (2014-11-20) Stiekeme Henk: I got it from a virus it gives wierd ads spaming the screen plzz get it off the store... (Keeps coming back)
- (2014-09-26) amadori33: Love it!! Use it every day!
- (2014-09-10) wirig: Love it! Works great. It doesn't always produce the correct person, but the match is always very close.
- (2014-05-06) Mike Hoffert: This extension saves me so much time!
- (2013-11-21) Joyce Rogers: Well I am totally Lost!!! Can't rate it because I can't figure out how to get into It. Where are you??
- (2013-10-10) Mike Patterson: Not sure what happened but at some point RootsSearch stopped populating all the fields when you hover over the icon and I have to insert the data manually to use it. Any idea why this changed or stopped working properly? Thanks, otherwise when this was functioning properly it is an amazing addition.
- (2013-06-20) Reva Gifford: Great for keeping my records updated and moving to were I can use them.
- (2013-04-25) Delta FHC: Pretty slick tool. Great for genealogists.
- (2013-02-24) LaRein Marx: A wonderful, time saving tool. Thanks so much for creating it. Seems like I get much better results using it than typing the data myself. So easy to use.
- (2012-11-26) Jimmy Zimmerman: Saving myself a ton of time while researching in the FamilySearch Family Tree. Thanks!