Add keyboard support to Chrome's native HTML5 video player.
Tired of Chrome's primitive built-in HTML5 video player? This extension adds an extensive list of keyboard controls to improve your viewing experience. The shortcuts are only active on videos with the default controls enabled, so don't worry about them messing up YouTube or other custom video players. To enable controls (and keyboard shortcuts) on videos that don't have them, just right-click the video in question and select "Show controls". Note that this extension is only meant to affect Chrome's native HTML5 video player! ============================== FULL LIST OF SHORTCUTS: -Click: Select video, Play/Pause selected video -Double-Click / F: Toggle fullscreen -Space / K: Play/Pause -Left Arrow / J: Skip back 5 seconds -with Shift: 10 seconds -with Control: 1 second -Right Arrow / L: Skip forward 5 seconds -with Shift: 10 seconds -with Control: 1 second -Comma (,): Skip back 1/60th of a second -Period (.): Skip forward 1/60th of a second -Home / 0: Skip to beginning -End: Skip to end -Numbers 1 - 9: Skip to X% (10%, 20%, 30%, ... 90%) -Up Arrow: Increase volume -Down Arrow: Decrease volume -M: Toggle mute -C: Toggle captions -R: Reload video file -Less Than (<): Slow down video playback -Greater Than (>): Speed up video playback -Question Mark (?): Return to default playback speed ============================== This extension is open source! https://github.com/AjaxGb/Better-Chrome-Native-Video Changelog: -v4.1.3 - Fix options page not working with HTML5.1 -v4.1.2 - Improve direct videos' compatibility with other extensions -v4.1.1 - Fixed unwanted wrapping on options page -v4.1 -Default values for options displayed in hover text -Added arrow key skip amounts to options -Added ability to enable shortcuts on videos that do not use the default controls -Disabled by default; see options page -v4.0.4 - Fixed clicks not working on standalone videos -v4.0.3 - Fixed multiline options being squashed -v4.0.2 - Improved visibility of disabled options -v4.0.1 - Fixed delay not working on standalone videos -v4.0 -Added an options menu! -Added a slight (optional) delay to clicks -Prevents double-click briefly play/pausing the video -v3.4 - Added Double-Click to toggle fullscreen -v3.3.1 - Made performance improvements more stable -v3.3 -Added "C" to toggle captions -Major performance improvements -v3.2 -Fixed error when disabling shortcuts on a video -Added auto-focus when shortcuts are re-enabled -v3.1 -Fixed keyboard shortcuts activating unintentionally -For example, Ctrl-F used to fullscreen the active video -Holding Ctrl while skipping left/right changes skip length to 1 second -v3.0 - Added right-click option to disable shortcuts on individual videos -v2.0 -Major behind-the-scenes refactoring -Better prevention of default key events -v1.5 - Fixed some dynamically added videos being ignored -v1.4 - Added "R" to reload video -v1.3 -Bug report "Works as Intended", v1.2 reverted -Videos get focus when fullscreened -Minor bugfixes -v1.2 -Added forward compatibility for when this bug is fixed: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=592245 -v1.1 - Moved to GitHub -v1.0 - Initial release
- (2019-11-25) Сергей Семёнов: Thank you so much. Great app
- (2019-11-16) Edward Nordway: Don't work on youtube.
- (2019-10-31) Manuel Zambrano: Does what it says, really helpful. Thanks!
- (2019-08-01) CM. Laegaph: 편하긴한데 이 앱 쓰면서부터 비디오 반응속도가 느려졌네요. 그게 확연히 보여요.
- (2019-06-23) Justin Brown: No longer maintained. Doesn't work with most sites since it disables itself. Some sites can be re-enabled by right-clicking and selecting 'enable controls' however about half of the time it STILL DOESN'T WORK. No updates since 2017 means these issues will never be fixed. Suspicious reviews in history that appear identical to reviews of other speed control extensions. Author should step up or remove extension completely.
- (2019-03-16) Nguyen Pham: ok
- (2019-02-06) Vacaboy: Estensione che salva i nervi!! In tutti i player normali ho abitudine di saltare 5 sec. in avanti o indietro usando le frecce, invece, il player standart non ha questa funzione. Questa estensione lo risolve. Consiglio un sacco!!!
- (2019-01-13) J K: does not work? -Less Than (<): Slow down video playback -Greater Than (>): Speed up video playback -Question Mark (?): Return to default playback speed
- (2018-12-29) Michael Toub: Works with facebook videos - exactly what I wanted !! Thanks!
- (2018-10-21) PingPong tt: good job!
- (2018-10-10) Samet Can Cıncık: Good Job!
- (2018-08-18) J !: This is a gem.
- (2018-07-15) Eugene Rider: Really good extension. The default player is garbage.
- (2018-05-15) XandBacon: Amazing job. Works exactly as intended!
- (2018-05-02) Adarsh V: Thank you! It uses all Youtube shortcuts. Really helpful & a huge time saver especially for laptops.
- (2018-04-22) Mustang: Does its job good.
- (2018-04-06) Yvan Zhu: slow and fast can't work
- (2018-02-12) Beloved Bibimbab: I was surprised
- (2018-01-24) kr: exactly what i was looking for, awesome
- (2017-12-19) Éric NICOLAS: Great job! I usually don't bother with anything that's got fewer than 500 reviews but hey, I'd have been wrong to pass on this one :)
- (2017-11-21) Eric Alvaro: Thank you dude, it worked like a charm!
- (2017-09-10) Phạm Sỹ Hưng: awesome!
- (2017-09-01) nick ebi: I was surprised at how easily it worked. Great job!
- (2017-07-23) The Os: No longer works
- (2017-07-23) spera: dont like it since you can't decide what keys you want to use for what.
- (2019-03-17, v:4.1.3) Ouchie Ouchie: Not working anymore
It seems like it is not working anymore.
- (2018-10-22, v:4.1.3) Media Master: Great extension - Suggest "White List" of desired sites for support
This extension works BEAUTIFULLY!!! Unfortunately though, I need it to, automatically, work on sites for which it is not currently enabled by default, and, possibly, disabled on other sites for which it may work, but have their own controls. My suggestion / request would be to provide the ability for a "white list" for a list of sites on which the user would like to have it enabled by default. The reason for this ask, is that I have created (and am developing more) AutoHotkey scripts to run various mediastreaming sites (YouTubeTV, Netflix, Hulu, etc.) in Chrome Kiosk mode, launched from my Kodi-centric HTPCs, utilizing MCE remote controls, to provide a consistent environment. In some cases, I have to do very little, when it comes to video playback, mostly handling navigation & selection, but, on some sites, I'm having to jump through hoops... and that could be resolved by the use of your extension. Thanks for the all your hard work!
- (2018-08-28, v:4.1.3) Ferhat Khalef: amitier
- (2018-06-29, v:4.1.3) Cyrus: Shortcuts have stopped working
The shortcuts are no longer working. It seems you need to update your code now that Chrome has changed its HTML5 player.
- (2018-06-11, v:4.1.3) Gary Wang: need update to compat with new chrome version
chrome has updated its html5 video player, so this extension needs update too
- (2018-04-21, v:4.1.3) TheRay 123: force "show controls"
nice job with the extension, but I have a small suggestion regarding controlling the videos , I believe that if force the extension to enable any video tag to show its controls then the extension will work automatically. because I need to right-click on every video to select "show controls" and this defeat the idea of this extension which is shortcuts :D
- (2018-04-13, v:4.1.3) van win: HT5 Google Chrome
How can this work when Chrome does not allow this type of video to display on any pages, for oe.g. AOL video links?
- (2018-03-27, v:4.1.3) Владимир Федоров: Звук
нет звука при воспроизведении ...
- (2018-03-01, v:4.1.3) Jonathan De wet: Does not work for local files
"Allow access to files URLs" is on https://v.usetapes.com/ILbzfLZgxB Video showing problem
- (2017-10-03, v:4.1.3) short cuts
Short cuts don't work.