Force YouTube to open its player in the theater mode (full-width mode) even if you are logged-out
This extension forces YouTube to open its player in the theater mode by default even if you are not logged-in. You can simply switch back to the normal mode by pressing the button in the player, however, next time you open youTube it will be in the theater mode again! The extension does not have any options. It just works. Note that I am not using CSS or JS tricks to simulate theater mode. This is actual theater mode that YouTube offers. To have this option in the incognito mode, you need to allow extension to be active on this mode as well. For bug reports, use the discussion section of http://add0n.com/youtube-tools.html?theater
- (2019-11-17) Nightfall: Doesn't work in incognito mode.
- (2019-11-12) Chorong Park: Works very well before, but stopped working since recent chrome updates
- (2019-06-25) Man gerz: yep it works this one too. 25/june/2019
- (2019-01-29) Talwick: Great little extension - works just as described. My only wish is that it could be toggled on/off (perhaps by clicking the extension button and it greying out), as I don't always use it and have to go to the extensions window to disable it.
- (2019-01-27) Ammar: it suddenly stopped working.
- (2019-01-17) Dustin White: Works perfectly! Love it!
- (2019-01-17) justin daisy: sad that this had to be a extension but works great
- (2018-10-28) Louis Prince: Perfect!
- (2018-09-22) Magnus Manrik: Great!
- (2018-09-18) Neb Sun: Finally, this is what I was looking for. I wish Youtube just had an option for playing in large mode by default, but this extension did the trick for me.
- (2018-09-15) Comrade Winston: Doesn't work anymore.
- (2018-09-10) Matthew Bickley: Worked fine for ages, then I think one of the most recent Chrome version (68 I think) broke it's functionality sometimes. Sometimes it will load in theatre mode, but sometimes not. Any fix coming soon?
- (2018-08-22) Milk Tea: Doesn't work :(
- (2018-08-19) Nick Guglielmino: Doesn't work on youtube.
- (2018-08-18) Chris s: Works when page is refreshed, but not when first going onto that page.
- (2018-08-14) Aiden Grimm: Doesn't work
- (2018-05-21) worked for me best extension ive seen so far so good if there was more stars i would rate ie at 100
- (2018-03-04) Gustavo: Bem Interessante. Porém agora fiquei meio de olho, pois o "Gabriel Ninô" disse que ele pede para poder ter acesso ao Histórico.
- (2018-02-22) Jake Hart: Worked for me. The FAQ explains why this extension needs permission to "read browser history:" Why do these set of extensions need to have permission to view user's browser history? Please explain Well, the actual permission that I use is "storage". This permission is required to store internal preferences of these extensions. Unfortunately, the description that is shown to the user is somehow misleading. Note that you can always verify permissions that an extension is using by downloading the package and extract it into a local directory. Open "manifest.json" file to see the actual list of permissions. For these set of tools, there should be no data sending to an external server at all, neither there should be any access to local data. They only configure YouTube player before page load. That's it!
- (2018-02-13) Pedro Feitosa: Doesn't work at all.
- (2018-02-13) Gabriel Ninô: Doesn't work and requests access to my history, which shouldn't be needed.
- (2017-12-11) Jessica Anne: Does not work with my smart tv, turns the video screen black.
- (2017-06-06) Stefan Makus: does what it says and does it well with no slow down in the performance of videos due to it being used
- (2017-06-06) Bruno Borges: Does the job.