Allows wider than average screens (eg.21:9) to play online video content and fit the screen properly in fullscreen mode.
UPDATED: -Added an aspect ratio mode as well as crop mode. You can toggle these on the fly with ctrl+alt+c! -More stability and more compatibility with players. Press ctrl+alt+c to toggle on the fly. Help me out on GIT! https://github.com/wltrsjames/Ultrawide-Video This extension enables the support for 21:9 monitors on YouTube, Netflix & HBO GO's full screen mode. It is great for wide aspect ratio videos, that have black bars at the top and bottom and don't scale correctly.
- (2020-04-14) Lucas Vinícius Galindo Carvalho: Keyboard shortcut stopped working on youtube (now toggles captions), would be good if the shortcut could be configured in chrome://extensions/shortcuts
- (2020-04-09) modi X: It works, but the hotkey won't work on macOS, cmd+alt+c opens the dev tools and ctrl+alt+c is for zooming on my system. would love if this could be configured.
- (2020-04-09) Dennis Morgan: This seems to be the only extension I can get working with Plex using the force crop mode with my ultrawide monitor. So in that regard, it works for me. I kind of wish it would keep the setting between videos, etc for Plex but this might be more an issue with Plex. Currently, I am forced to minimize and then maximize again to get it to fill my screen for the next video. Considering how old this extension is I'm surprised I can't get any of the other extensions to work for Plex.
- (2020-04-01) John Lloyd: Tested today and works fine for disney plus Thank you so much now content fits my 21:9 screen properly!
- (2020-03-31) Yopxd97: Problemas solucionados con un solo click!
- (2020-03-31) Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV: not working (youtube 4K vids on 1440x3440 screen)
- (2020-03-28) Furkan Demircioğlu: gj
- (2020-03-27) 수민짱: your best
- (2020-03-07) Gary Nowels: Works; but not a simple as UltraWideo extension.
- (2020-03-04) Ivan.jokalov: can you add support for 16:10 displays
- (2020-02-20) 很喜欢，解决了很多问题。
- (2020-02-15) Artem Yanchevsky: 12/10 Это прекрасно! В 90% случаев ты не замечаешь деформацию картинки, но вот по ощущениям сразу +200. Спасибо большое создателю данной проги!
- (2020-02-15) Philipp Steeb: Sehr praktische Erweiterung - so macht mein 29" 21:9 Monitor Spaß!
- (2020-02-13) Amit Mohan: Works like charm!
- (2020-02-08) Ben Goldwerger: I now have a long awaited s.olution to my problem, not perfect, but a solution at best.
- (2020-02-06) Proper Sale: Works really well. Love it!
- (2020-02-04) Gaz Lodge: Does exactly what I was after perfectly but required manual switching on and off which is a pain... I'm sure the aspect can be detected and only applied to relevant ones... Next version? 4.5
- (2020-02-04) Steven Jones: Works well with Netflix, though the picture degrades slightly, but it won't work with HBO Now. It offsets the video to the right.
- (2020-02-03) John Smith: Doesn't work at all on Vudu. HBOGO zooms incorrectly (image is zoomed in but off center). It works correctly on YouTube.
- (2020-01-21) 5nocimiento: Haces magia, va perfecto 10/10
- (2020-01-21) Queen Nini: I was really hoping I would be able to finally watch videos in full screen but this extension doesnt work whatsoever, maybe Im not doing something right but so far it doesnt work.
- (2020-01-12) Jean-Louis Lourel: superbe extension
- (2020-01-05) Legend Plays: Doesn't work for me the crop does but nothing else
- (2020-01-05) Carlos Rios: its definitely better than not having any tool. but please add 1 more feature to make it perfect!!! right now, you can either crop or stretch. can you add a feature so the user can do both. maybe instead of bullet selection options, make it a slider. for instance, there are some videos, where if i just cropped it 10% then i can stretch is less and it would fill the screen. basically, let me crop up to where its still comfortable, then stretch the rest of the way (either to the edges, or maybe i only want to stretch a little more and still have very slim black bars).
- (2019-12-23) Devin: Great extension! works for most video services, although would be a plus if it worked for hulu, and vudu
- (2019-12-08) TONY LARIOS: Doesn't work at all for Netflix: I tried making any of the selections and it doesn't make a difference.
- (2019-12-08) Curtis B: It doesn't do what I need it to do and simply apply a crop factor that removes encoded black bars. Instead all it does is stretch out to meet the sides which cuts off the top and bottom. So if the aspect ratio of the video doesn't exactly match the video it will cut off parts of the picture. For my super ultrawide it means it is never usable.
- (2019-12-06) Ryelex: Deezed
- (2019-11-28) Marcílio: Best that I found. I need this on Firefox.
- (2019-11-22) Matt Smith: Need Hulu Support. Have a Ultra-wide 2560X1080 and the movies all have black bars top, bottom, and all sides. PLEASE make this work... Starting to hate Hulu because of this. Apart from this, it works great.
- (2019-11-12) JUBAO: Muito boa, so nao dou 5 estrelas por que a cada episodio que muda na netflix a tela volta ao normal, assim tendo que minimizar e abrir de novo pra tela ficar full fora isso muito bom
- (2019-11-03) Андрей Лазарев: Переключатель режимов в реальном времени очень радует. Устал смотреть как люди выкладывают 21:9 видео в 16:9 формате. Отлично работает для разных ситуаций.
- (2019-10-22) Linh: Needed for Youtube. Works for Youtube. No issues here - thanks!
- (2019-10-13) Tim Jordan: doesn't work in linux chrome :(
- (2019-10-10) Ovidiu Bledea: This used to work perfectly. Now Ctrl+Alt+C does nothing.. Is mine broken somehow?
- (2019-10-09) MZ: Works great on netflix with a really wide screen. Just be sure to reload th tab. and some options only really work in fullscreen.
- (2019-10-04) Flynn: really nice to use especially with 21:9 content that got forced to 16:9 for whatever reason. however theres a bit of an oversight as when using ctrl + alt + c to change modes itll toggle captions instead if the video has them. so maybe the option to change it should be looked at
- (2019-09-23) Jason Chan: Works great on prime videos!!! It got rid of all the black bars on some of the prime video. Keep up the good work!
- (2019-09-20) Mortarion: It works! That's all we need.
- (2019-09-17) Corey Quiring: Doesn't work on my 21:9 monitor and doesn't work on google movies.
- (2019-09-14) Ken Otwell: Works for wide-screen Amazon prime videos that have the top and bottom bars built in to support 16x9 monitors. Now I get FULL SCREEN on my ultra-wide monitor! (I do think it crops just a bit too much of the top/bottom bars, not sure, but that's better than any other option I've found yet.)
- (2019-09-14) 恆幻: 不知道為什麼PS4 Youtube觀看就沒問題全螢幕觀看 可是用PC 就會有黑邊框 這個插件很有效 能正常全螢幕觀看
- (2019-09-07) Alex Hex: I use the massive Samsung CHG90 that big 50" curved monitor. I have tried others and they still only fill in a portion of my super ultra wide aspect ratio. Only this one fills videos to my screen. I do think super ultra wide will be standard in the coming years until then this extension is a life saver.
- (2019-08-25) Andrew Jenks: Doesn't work for Vudu unfortunately.
- (2019-08-19) Кирилл Фролов: I can not stretch vertically 16:9 to fit 4:3 monitor
- (2019-08-10) Der Dän: Klappt super
- (2019-08-08) MrDeath: free and working perfectly, i recommend you to memorize ctrl+alt+c to swap between the cropping methods.
- (2019-08-02) Jenner Bradt: This is a very good extension. I have used it since it's early days, without any issues. The extension does what it says and it does it very well, however, I do have a feature request. It would be nice to half at least one "halfway" compromise between normal 16:9 and zoomed 21:9. An 18:9 zoom, for example, wouldn't fill a 21:9 display, but it also wouldn't cut off too much of the upper and lower content of the original 16:9 source.
- (2019-07-07) Артём Артем: Good Work ! BUT Please add 50% Crop and 50% Aspect Ratio for non-optimized videos 16-9 Ideally, this parameter is made variable.
- (2019-06-30) Jarskoj Roschin: 2019г. НЕ РАБОТАЕТ
- (2020-04-23, v:1.7) Param Joshi: How do you work this on mac?
how do you use this on mac?
- (2020-04-23, v:1.7) Param Joshi: Mac
how does this work with mac?
- (2020-04-09, v:1.7) Azymack Renato: Help! Fullscreen frustration!!
Hi, I need some way to play youtube videos like this one https://youtu.be/l-A43Av9ICo on fullscreen on a regular screen. I just don't want black bars. I want to stretch almost like your force crop function does, but without the zooming on the sides. It is a simple, easy thing to do on media player classic, why is it impossible to find a way for youtube??
- (2020-03-25, v:1.7) SamTheProgram: cntrl at c
does not work when i press cntrl+alt+c
- (2020-02-02, v:1.7) Aaron Leang: Can update to support Microsoft Edge Chromium?
Not working on Microsoft Edge Chromium at the moment, hoping the support will soon be there.
- (2020-01-15, v:1.7) Гаврило Принцип: Microsoft Edge(chromium)
Your plugin is very cool! Will you release your plugin on Microsoft Edge Chromium?
- (2019-12-13, v:1.7) Cryozex -CRYSYS: not working on crunchyroll /vrv
making ultrawide work on crunchyroll and vrv so i can watch amazing anime finalies and boss fights in ultrawide please
- (2019-09-27, v:1.7) 猫ノ: You are God.
How can I make a donation to the author! I think it would be perfect if we could prevent image degradation after enlargement. It's technically difficult ...
- (2019-09-09, v:1.7) Elijah Collins: Can you make it work for Chromecast Player?
A website I use to play movies and cartoons uses Chromecast player 2.0 and I can't get this to work on this.. Wonder if you can make it work for Chromecast 2.0 player
- (2019-07-17, v:1.7) ahmed yousef: .
what are the shotrcuts for mac
- (2019-05-28, v:1.7) James: User controlled zoom?
Is it possible to add a feature where we can control the amount of zoom (or whatever you call what this extension does)? Some movies/shows have an aspect ratios the extension doesn't account for, like 2:1 (Star Trek Discovery) and other ratios I can't think of right now. Like Ctrl+Shift+Up/Down to zoom in and out manually or something? Thanks! Love the extension <3
- (2019-05-24, v:1.7) Isaias Avellaneda: Not Working for Hulu anymore.
This extension used to work on Hulu but now it doesn't. When you have Aspect Ratio selected, and you press the full screen button, the video shifts to the right and down. Leaving a huge black bar on the left side and the top. If you were to divide the video into 4 pieces, you would only see the top left piece
- (2019-05-22, v:1.7) Samuel Sivakumar: for MAC Shortcut?
What is the short cut in MAC
- (2019-05-03, v:1.7) Vít Novotný: HBO GO CZ
Hi, i does not work on hbogo.cz :( it do nothing in any modes. thanks
- (2019-04-25, v:1.7) Jonathan Bartholomew: HBO Go
Cannot seem to get this to work correctly. When you change the aspect Ratio the video goes from back bars on the side video in the middle to Video on the far right with double amount of black bars on the left. Any idea how to fix that?
- (2019-03-25, v:1.7) Bogdan Hududoi: shortcut
The shortcut doesnt work anymore.
- (2019-03-03, v:1.7) Frederic Defoy: Per website setting please!
I am tired of flipping this addon on and off when I need it or not. Could you please implement list of sites we want to enable the addon on? maybe save the settings while your at it.