Tabs limiter with queue.
Tabs limiter with queue allows you to limit the number of tabs opened in a Chrome window. New tabs exceeding the limit will be put in a queue, when a tab is closed and there's enough space in the active window, the next URL from the queue loads automatically in a new background tab. The main purpose of this extension is to keep the browser free from a ton of background tabs that are consuming memory and CPU cycles (and battery life on laptops). It's perfect for opening links like a maniac on Reddit, Google searches or photos/wallpaper sites. By default tabs with URL matching Chrome internal pages won't be counted in the limit. For example chrome://extension or chrome://settings can be opened any time. This also means that you can open a new tab manually and then load any page from there, that tab won't be queued. IMPORTANT: This extension is not meant to be used as some kind of "read later" or session manager. It's a simple tab limiter with some extra functionality. Enjoy. CURRENT VERSION ### [2.0.4] 2017-12-05 - Added context menu entries for sending links and tabs directly to the queue. - Added whitelist exceptions for "The Great Suspender" suspended tabs. - Fixes some problems with internal tab count. [2.0.0] 2016-01-26 - Multi-window queues. When a window in closed, the queue (if not empty) is saved. - List of saved queues and preview it's content. - Delete/restore saved queues and items. - Drag and drop active queue items to rearrange. - Lock items in active queue. - Click on title to "Queue to fit limit". Two modes: queue tabs on the right or by recent. - Context menu option to open links new tab (override queue limit). - On/off button to enable/disable extension functionality. - Slow network mode: adds a new limit for loading tabs. - Inverse mode: New items will be added to the top of the queue. - Automatic queue migration from version 1.0. ABOUT PERMISSIONS This extension makes use of the minimum required permissions to provide it's functionality. The code is minifized to improve performance, but the original source code is public and visible from the [GitHub](https://github.com/rubenmv/chrome-extension-tabs-queue) repository, including the Gulp tasks used to obtain the final build. LEGAL STUFF Tabs Queue by Rubén Martínez is licensed as GPLv3. http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.txt) You can find the source code on https://github.com/rubenmv/chrome-extension-tabs-queue. This extension makes use of Sortable.js. https://github.com/RubaXa/Sortable, which is distributed under the MIT License. https://opensource.org/licenses/MIT. Icon from http://www.picol.org/ is licensed under CC BY SA 3.0. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/
- (2019-12-23) Tony Sodari: Works wonders! For my Job, I need to go through thousands or tens-of-thousands of records every months, keep track of where I am, and sometimes manage multiple ques. Fortunately, the records can be saved as bookmarks that I can then que up with this extension. Then I just go straight through the list and let it keep the next record qued up in the next tab. I can manage different ques in each window and even close a window and hav that que saved for later automatically. Only two things are keeping it from five stars: a bug I sometimes get and a feature request. The bug: sometimes (not often, and not reliably reproducible) if I close multiple tabs at once. t starts to load many more tabs than it should (say, 30 when the limit is 10) and then close those extra tabs and re-que them as if I had manually opened them from links or bookmarks. This is much rarer since the most recent Chrome update, leading me to suspect it's more an issue with Chrome's tab management rather than the extension itself.. Feature request: Actually, two requests. it would save a lot of time and hassle if I could select bookmarks folders of bookmarks and "add bookmarks to que" This would prevent having to open large numbers of bookmarks and wait for the extension to que and close them. A related request would be "add selected link(s) to que" from the context menu when viewing a page with a number of links on it. This, again, would save the time, hassle, and resources associated with first opening them and then waiting for this extension to catch up to the workload.
- (2019-12-22) Minho Gmbit: No esta funcionando en Chrome 79 Actualización Please
- (2019-12-02) David Triezenberg: It's alright, does what you would expect and has some nice features that I use extensively. Unfortunately, you try to open a background tab while you're already at the tab limit, it starts randomly pulling the background tabs to the foreground every couple of clicks. This is a huge blow to my time efficiency.
- (2019-11-30) 윌로우: it didn't work now. alternative app is 'xtab'
- (2019-09-26) 张剑: 超棒的扩展，为了大量的浏览而生，打开1000个链接然后逐个看，不会爆内存和cpu，原来Firefox老版本也有这样的扩展，现在量子火狐没有了，遗憾补全了，又能重新打开超多的链接了
- (2019-09-11) Macdowell Crba: Es muy buena tu aplicacion sin duda ayuda demasado a los que no podemos dejar de abrir pestañas, quisiera saber porque no han habido nuevas actualizaciones para mejorar deberias de hacer nuevas actualizaciones como poder guardar las pestañas en grupo s individuales y tambien me gustaria que modificaras la opcion de red lenta en vez de cargar pestañas hasta un limite determinado pon una opcion para que no se abra las pestañas sino que no carguen una tras otra si no hasta que llegue a un limite determinado es decir si el limite es 5 q cuando cierre la 5 pestaña no se carga hasta que todas se hayan cerado ya que genera mucho gasto de cpu y que las pestañas se envien a la cola x medio de un contador al igual que la extension tab wrangler espero me comprendas ya que soy fan de tu genial extencion q es la mejor q he utilizado.
- (2019-07-27) Don Quijote: Does what advertises, pretty nice to keep the tab bar clean
- (2019-07-27) shortcat: Useless at it only limits number of tabs per window. I can still open as many windows with e.g. 10 tabs as I want.
- (2019-06-25) Ray Foss: CPU hog... 15% sustained cpu use. Also, has a minimum tabs of 2... xTab is better.
- (2019-06-12) Jesus Gildardo Mejia Cortes: La mejor extensión, única, útil e indispensable para los que abren gran cantidad de pestañas, por ejemplo de marcadores. 'Util tambien para conexiones lentas pues mientras se va leyendo una pestaña va cargando otras. Excelente. Podrías crearla para Firefox? He buscado en Firefox alguna similar y no hay ninguna.
- (2019-03-16) ★★★★★
- (2019-01-08) Klaus Ferreira: Eu sinceramente amei essa extensão. Ainda estou no primeiro dia usando ela mas afirmo que ela é incrível. Eu desabilitar uma outra extensão que eu tenho que descarrega as guias pra poupar RAM, mas o uso dela era mais como uma extensão de "Ler mais tarde". Mesmo que quem seja viciado em guias abertas dificilmente vá se tornar "são", com "Tabs limiter with queue" instalada, pelo menos as abas que estão na espera são chamadas à atenção do usuário e ele vai decidir se aquela guia ainda tem algum ponto de interesse (sintomas de quem usa muitas guias e acaba se "esquecendo" delas". Acho necessário as formas que você encontrou para o usuário ainda abrir guias mesmo além do limite. Mas uma sugestão seria dar a opção de colocar senha pra essa função e a opção de ativar ou não a senha. Creio que vá agradar a todos os gostos. Congrats, Dev :)
- (2018-12-09) Jaun Mauro Fernandez: La extension autoguarda la urls en una lista los sitios abiertos en nuevas pestañas que exceden un limite configurable de minimo 2 pestañas excluyendo pestañas fijadas y pestañas nativas del navegador, luego al descender el numero de pestañas no excluidas actualmente abiertas debajo del limite configurado automaticamente abre la pestaña/s guardada/s en la cola hasta llenar el limite. Muy util para evitar el excesivo uso de ram en sitios con anuncios/videos/gifs y no perder los links, ademas de para enfocarse mejor en un tarea en concreto y terminarla, evitando excesivas distracciones.
- (2018-11-12) crimson 5th: 便利だけど中途半端。 大量にタグでページを開く→後から隠したタグをすべて開こうとしてもうまくいかない。 使い方が間違っているのかな？
- (2018-09-29) Jan Váňa: Superb app! My one and only suggestion would be to allow user to limit number of tabs as low as just one (which is currently not possible). Or is there a reason the minimum of allowed tabs can't be set to lower than two?
- (2018-09-16) Umbra TuSlayer: Seems to work great and i combine it with "tab playlist for YouTube" to make autoplaylists. It may loss the current Queue when browser closes unexpectedly such as when using computer shutdown :( Otherwise using restore last session works well with it.
- (2018-07-10) Kate T.: The features of this sound so good, but it didn't work for me at all. I set a limit of 10 tabs and could open far more than 10 in spite of it. Hoping this one will be fixed because I appreciate the open code.
- (2018-06-29) Alejandro Quinche: excelent extension it made me come back to chrome, goes very well with snooze tabs :D
- (2018-03-15) Matt C: It works well but is a little annoying when trying to open another window with something like the "search with Google" context menu extension where you have to open a new window and copy/paste into omni bar if the window limit is reached.
- (2018-02-21) Mate Antunovic: I'm using Chrome Version 64.0.3282.167 on Mac OS X. It worked at first but now does nothing. I have the extension enabled, the queue is on, and the limit set at 6. But I can open as many tabs as I want. No idea why it's not working. The extension doesn't tell me anything, and there's no errors in the popup console. Don't bother downloading it.
- (2017-10-30) Маргарита Успешная: всё супер!!!
- (2017-04-28) Michael Xz: best thing ever!
- (2017-04-25) Júnior Silva: Very good! I searched extensively for extensions that do this! And its extension simply does what I wanted! Great job! Thank you for developing this extension! Very good!
- (2017-02-22) Peter Smith: Doesn't actually work at all. :(
- (2017-01-17) Gibb Son: Absolutely brilliant extension. Simple yet it's automatic queue system makes it so much better than any tab manager out there for stopping chrome consuming 100% of your RAM
- (2019-12-22, v:2.0.4) Minho Gmbit: Chrome 79
No esta funcionando en Chrome 79 Actualización Please o estaré esclavo de Chrome 78, esta es la mejor extencion no puedo cambiar
- (2019-08-31, v:2.0.4) Tony Sodari: Queue to fit limit?
Where is the "Queue to fit limit" option/button referenced in the settings?
- (2019-03-11, v:2.0.4) Aslanbeck Gokeh: Potential Acquisition of Tabs Limiter
Hello. I was looking to see if you would be interested in selling this software?
- (2019-02-26, v:2.0.4) Buying your tool
Hey man, I'm keen to buy the 1-click timer! Let me know if its for sale. Cheers, Pranav! [email protected]
- (2019-02-02, v:2.0.4) Alessio Fulgieri: Firefox Porting
It would be awesom if this extension could work with firefox :) https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Add-ons/WebExtensions/Porting_a_Google_Chrome_extension
- (2018-12-09, v:2.0.4) Jaun Mauro Fernandez: Blacklist for heavy sites and whitelist for thin sites, include chrome://newtab to be queued
Will be great having both a white and a blacklist so can be configured depending on browse behaviour of each user, a blacklist for known heavy sites and a whitelist for known thin sites like wikis and mostly text sites. or limit tabs per site, like forcing X tab/s per domain along with a global limit. Also include newtab to be queued because can be used easyly to open more tabs skipping the limit. I already did this adding the patern to include newtab and exclude sites I want to the whitelist array in the background.js file. thank you for the extension
- (2018-10-12, v:2.0.4) Vlad Olariu: Exclude URLs
Any chance we could have an exclude-urls feature? Many times I need to open Zoom / Skype meetings and I have no more 'free' tab slots, so the browser > app redirection requires me to close some tabs or disable the extension only to go to a meeting.
- (2018-07-04, v:2.0.4) John Taylor: Store queues in the cloud
Hi, It would be great to somehow store the tabs into the cloud. One easy solution would be to use bookmark folders as queue.
- (2018-06-01, v:2.0.4) Doug Cotton: Seems to have stopped working
Awesome extension, but as of this afternoon it's stopped working. I go over my limit and the tabs still open. Clicking the icon, which used to let me control user options, doesn't do anything.
- (2018-03-15, v:2.0.4) Matt C: Import/Export
Is there a way to add an import/export feature? I love this extension and I used to use OneTab but I miss the OneTab import/export and would absolutely love to see it here if possible. Thanks!
- (2018-02-09, v:2.0.4) Scott Wiltshire: Restore doesn't restore
Tried the extension. It would be great if it did what it was supposed to. Clicking on "restore" doesn't actually do anything. The queued tabs remain in the queue.