Organizes and Rearranges tabs by URL.
*** FEATURED ON PRODUCT HUNT AND LIFEHACKER *** Organizes the unpinned tabs in the current window by grouping them by URL. Tabs from the same base URL (the same website) will be grouped together, and groups will be made in the order that the first tab from that group appears in the original order. Use the extension by clicking its button, and it will rearrange the tabs in the current window, ignoring any pinned tabs. * * * NEW IN VERSION 1.0: * * * * Options page to manage settings * Automatically sort tabs every 5, 30, or 60 minutes. * Keyboard shortcut "Ctrl + Shift + A" to sort on command.
- (2020-09-15) Taylor Reaume: I am looking for a chrome extension which allows me to automatically sort and group Chrome tabs...VERTICALLY. (not horizontally). I have just spent 10 hours trialing every tab organizer extension I could find, and none of them have this feature. for example, if I have 10 tabs open "domain1.com" it will nicely organize them into a vertical bucket, drop down etc, is that possible yet with Chrome? If you find something like this, can you message me on skype? SMARTCHOICEWEB p.s. I have an idea for a chrome extension, and seeking a developer
- (2020-09-04) Ben Horbul: I did love it.. but now I have have tab groups. They are so much more. So I need a tab group organizer.
- (2020-02-02) A K: Just what I was looking for, and works exactly as designed. Bug on Edge (Chrome): Ctrl+Shift+A does not trigger the extension. Not a big problem, but a keyboard shortcut would be nice. Thanks!
- (2019-12-24) Yani: One of the most simple yet powerful tab organizers.
- (2019-09-17) Brian Moore: Funny. I was thinking that I wish Chrome had a way to sort tabs. I Googled "sort tabs chrome" and installed this extension. Just what I needed! Thanks:-)
- (2019-07-12) Nikolay N: Сортирует, но только по домену, а не полному url (а именно это хочется для ручного удаления дублей открытых страниц)
- (2019-03-04) cx L: great
- (2019-03-02) Valerie Bright: This is probably my most used extension. I go down research rabbit holes and before I know it I have 30 tabs open and I can't see what my tabs are anymore. Sort tabs and close all of the google search windows and suddenly everything is manageable!
- (2018-10-28) Zerg Zah: С приложением все логично оно делает то что и обещано - сортирует вкладки по адресу (url) правда порядок сортировки не по алфавиту а по какому-то другому принципу. После клика по кнопке этого расширения вкладки переставляются и группируются это значит например что если у вас в разброс были открыты вкладки разных соцсетей, ютуба, википедии то после сортировки они будут стоять рядом а не вразброс (те сначала вкладки с одной соцсети потом другой потом ютуб потом википедия тд) в результате если открыто много вкладок то после такой сортировки в них легче ориентироваться. Прочие подобные расширения обычно предлагают сортировку только вручную с помощью комбинаций клавиш - можно расставить все красиво и быстрее чем мышкой таскать. НО с этим расширением можно сначала рассортировать вкладки а уже потом вручную намного быстрее выстроить их в нужном порядке так как не придется тыкаться разбираясь с каждой вкладкой с какого она сайта, особенно если вкладок много и толком не видно ни названия сайта на хвостике вкладки ни даже иконки (например 50 вкладок открытых)
- (2018-10-18) M Armes: Exactly what I wanted, nothing more or less. Couldn't be happier. Organized my open tabs by URL, which is all I wanted it to do.
- (2017-07-12) wen-chieh lee: cool！
- (2016-06-12) Tycho: It doesn't work!!!
- (2016-05-11) VL: It's not organizer, it sorts tabs, breaking your usefull oder, without possibility to revert changes.
- (2016-04-21) Максим Маршалкин: Не понимаю для какой удобной организации вкладок это приложение, оно просто перемещает вкладки в хаотичном порядке и не более. Использовать данное приложение - ещё больше путаться в многочисленности открытых вкладок
- (2016-04-13) Teodor Iankov: It's really good, but can a keybind be added to sort the tabs?
- (2016-04-05) Sakari Niittymaa: This is great plugin. Helps a lot when you work with huge amount of tabs. Thanks!
- (2016-04-05) Robert Stepon: Does what it says on the tin.
- (2016-04-04) David Chiapoco: Neat idea - however it didn't sort my google documents perfectly. can you test it with different types of docs and see if it sorts as designed?
- (2016-04-04) Jonas Lomholdt: This is pretty cool! :)
- (2021-03-23, v:1.0) Justin Veiga: Doesn't work with Chrome's Tab Groups
If my browser window has any "Tab Groups" (the recent addition by Chrome where you can group tabs natively) everything gets weird when using the extension. Tabs leave their group and go to other groups. I can keep pressing the keyboard shortcut and things reorder again each time.
- (2020-05-07, v:1.0) Bruno Bergami: I doesn't work for the last update of Vivaldi
Today I updated Vivaldi to the last stable 3.0.1874.38 (Stable channel) (64-bit) on macOS and Windows. In macOS still working as usual, but in Windows doesn't work anymore. Not even the manual press of the button (which attempts to show a pop-up very thin). Tried reinstall the extension, and reopen Vivaldi. The other extensions that I have are Clutter Free (never had incompatibility between both before), Nano Defender, uBlock, GoodTwitter and Magic Actions for Youtube.
- (2019-04-21, v:1.0) Luboš Kadeřábek: background script
Simple extensions like this one should all use utilize bg scripts, I see no reason for it running all the time while consuming resources. None of my simple extensions like history master, lazy tabs, or simpleextmanager run in the background.
- (2019-01-09, v:1.0) Felipe acuña: sort resets
just every time browser i closed
- (2018-10-02, v:1.0) Rainbow Warrior Princess: Doesn't sort correctly when many tabs are open
Also doesn't sort subdomains alphabetically.
- (2017-07-13, v:1.0) Joel Thomas: TL;DR - Make the time-based auto sorting an **optional** setting, please and thank you!
I find your extension interesting, however I disabled it within a few seconds after installing when I saw the settings page. I haven't uninstalled it yet because I still think it may be useful if updated for further user configuration in its behavior, but as of right now I'm just frightened to let it run amok on my browser. If you care to hear out my reasoning, I'll explain my approach and prospective use case for this extension and why I'm hesitant to enable it until its been updated: First off, as noted by Vladimir Lenin in his May 11 2016 review, despite its name this extension is not explicitly a high level tab "organizer", it is more of a low level domain-based tab "sorter". Now I read both the title as well as well as the description plus that review and your response to him before I installed the extension so I knew what I was signing up for. However then I saw from the settings pane that I am left with no option but to let this extension rearrange my tab order. There are a plethora of other extensions out there that offer browser window and tab organizational schemes that I and many others already use. SideWise, Session Buddy, Toby, Too Many Tabs, Bookmark My Tabs, One Tab, Tabs Manager, Project Tab Manager, IE Tab Multi, and several others besides immediately come to mind. I myself personally prefer to use Tabs Outliner since it offers a full hierarchical tree structure within which I can layer relevant windows and tabs as I see fit. As Vladimir said, within these use cases all "Tab Organizer" would do then is automatically rearrange what structure you've already set up and thus "...breaking your useful order, without possibility to revert changes..." However I do still think there is a niche use case that this extension does cater towards. No, it doesn't offer anything nearly as full fledged as Tabs Outliner does in my opinion but on the other hand all of my current sorting within that structure is done by a an effective but repetitive series of keyboard strokes (ctrl+up, ctrl+down, ctrl+left, ctrl+right) or the more cumbersome option of drag & drop operations. This extension on the other hand offers auto-sorting functionality of a browser window based on domain names, and if you implement the suggestions of some of the people below (which I second!) of introducing even deeper sorting algorithms by incorporating URL subdomain paths (ex: "youtube.com", "youtube.com/watch?v=*", "youtube.com/feed/subscriptions", "youtube.com/feed/history", "youtube.com/user/*", "youtube.com/playlist?list=*", and so on) or regular expressions (a text box in the settings page where users can enter certain URL strings to either whitelist or blacklist from auto-sorting, such as "chrome-extension://insert-pattern-here.suspended.html#*" as this would solve Denis Lugowski's feature request below regarding tabs that have been hibernated by The Great Suspender) then all of that manual sorting time can be cut in half if not more! With one keystroke I can get a flat list of related tabs and then from there I could further organize into nested lists of sub categories based on relevance criteria that go beyond simple domain pattern matching.
- (2017-03-23, v:1.0) Denis Lugowski: Compatibility with The Great Suspender extension
It would be nice if the Tab Organizer could organize tabs which where suspended by the extension The Great Suspender. The URL of the suspended tabs is the same with the difference that the extension prepends an own URL. So all suspended tabs are getting grouped together instead of grouping them by the website.
- (2016-09-12, v:1.0) Andrew Harrison-Numiko: Subdomains
Could you group tabs by domain, and then subdomain? That'd allow things like https://asset1.basecamp.com to be grouped next to https://basecamp.com - currently they're seen as completely separate
- (2016-09-12, v:1.0) Andrew Harrison-Numiko: Merge windows
It'd be great if you could combine the functionality of the Merge Windows plugin (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/merge-windows/mmpokgfcmbkfdeibafoafkiijdbfblfg) - so that tabs are all brought into the same chrome window and then sorted.
- (2016-05-02, v:0.1) Agustin Dahbar: Collapse into one?
I'm looking for something that would grab similar urls and collapse them into a single tab, with a dropdown to select. Can that be done in chrome?
- (2016-04-07, v:0.1) Jeff Gass: auto organize when added?
what about organizing them when a new tab is added so you dont have to push a button every time?