A minimal new tab page replacement
A new tab page that focuses on simplicity and customizability. Features: - Choose your apps Select up to 12 apps to be displayed on the new tab page, using any url you like. Automatically fetches an icon from the website. - Custom backgrounds Choose from a list of preset backgrounds, or use your own (gifs work too!) - Weather widget Simple weather widget that tells you the weather. - App launcher Simple app launcher containing all your installed apps for easy access. - Bookmarks search Quick and easy access to all your bookmarks. - Recently closed pages Quickly reopen recently closed pages. Changelog - 4.8.4 • Fix news - 4.8.3 • Various changes; see GitHub for details: https://github.com/z-------------/New-New-Tab-Page/commits/master - 4.8.1 • Add option to use GPS for weather location • Other small improvements and updates - 4.8.0 • Add option to use specific coordinates for weather location. • Prepare for ability to use GPS for weather location (optional and not yet available). • Bug fixes and reduced storage footprint. - 4.6.0 • Add option to use a fixed grid for shortcut icons. MIT License. (https://github.com/z-------------/New-New-Tab-Page/blob/master/LICENSE) Contributors: https://github.com/z-------------/New-New-Tab-Page/graphs/contributors Commit history: https://github.com/z-------------/New-New-Tab-Page/commits
- (2018-04-30) nic scott: Won't let me add or remove links, so unless I'm looking to use facebook, youtube, or 9gag (!?? really?!) this thing is completely useless. Half the options radio buttons are invisible, the mouse cursor will change when you mouseover where they should be but you can't interact with them otherwise. Tried again with all my other extensions turned off, still had the same problem.
- (2018-04-22) Rafael D'França: É uma extensão simples, porém, é o ideal para quem busca uma extensão que transforma a nova guia do Chrome, mas ao mesmo tempo não seja tão complexa e cheia de recursos desnecessários.
- (2018-04-05) Sergey Raskin: Minimalistic. Good. Awsome.
- (2018-03-14) Joan Solkoff: All I want to do is add a new shortcut!! I searched Github for author NOTHING! I searched this site ... NOTHING I'm removing this extension NOW!!!
- (2018-01-19) Luis M. L.: Aun falta desarrollarla bien
- (2018-01-19) Dawid Romanowski: PLEASE ADD icon size custamization and option to move them from center to side PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- (2017-12-12) Sayan Bhowmik: Pleasant viewing for the eyes, nice and elegant design. IDK, why mine can't load the rss feeds
- (2017-11-14) KimiKeemstar: I love this extension as it is very simple and customizable. The only problem I have with this is that you cannot move the shortcuts around the whole screen. Thanks!!!
- (2017-10-22) Cameron Ellis: Ha. Freaking love this extension. I have 30 icons and I arranged them in a colorful way. If I docked my laptop to a monitor, the layout would auto-arrange, messing up my color scheme. I emailed Zack and within 4 hours he had a version I could install to test. It worked perfectly and then two days later this update was live. Too cool.
- (2017-10-07) Francois Carpentier: The good • Attactive MIT license. This means this extension is owned and supported by a friendly not-for-profit community. Instead of a for-profit corporation. And more secure because its full code is publicly available for review at https://github.com/z-------------/New-New-Tab-Page • Easy to use • Lots of options • Set background to either solid color or image • Customize new tab title text • Import or export your options • Beautiful visual design • On some computer I use this extension to set new tab to a solid black background and nothing else. Useful to extend battery life and healthier for the eyes. • Fast The bad • None so far Using • Add-on version 4.5.14 • Chromium 57.0.2987.98 Built on 8.7 • Debian 8.9 (64-bit) • GNOME
- (2017-06-12) Christopher-J: Great add-on! Best of the many "new tab" add-ons I've tried since my switch to Chrome. Simple in design and implementation but very useful and stylish. A++
- (2017-04-05) Joseph Bon: It's a great tool, customization lets me have the page just how I like it!
- (2017-03-30) Elias Stiza: Very nice, works pretty well and it has a very cool Design.
- (2016-10-13) Marcus Lyngstedt: Best new tab extension I've used; looks great, easy to customise, goes well with Chrome and material design. The animation when clicking an icon is brilliant. Perhaps a search bar and access to Google apps could be useful but not a necessity, at least in my case.
- (2016-05-15) amandine bourillon: good It would be great to keep the icon transparency instead of fill with white
- (2016-02-07) GCDC: where is app icon size?
- (2016-01-30) Sasha Boto: Красивый, удобный, без всякого стороннего хлама
- (2015-12-02) Isaac Cheng: Zack Guard is my friend; in fact, he is right beside me forcing me to use his ting.
- (2015-08-05) George Beckingham: Got 12 sites configured, but that seems to be all the devs think you need. And no way to access your Chrome apps page.
- (2015-08-04) Thomas Roche: 12 shortcut only news feed from bbc. Could have been the replacement I was looking for
- (2015-08-04) Mu-Wei Kuo: Useful and beautiful
- (2015-07-14) Graham Kennedy: Won't let you remove the apps it wants on the screen, and I see no way to add sites to link to. Rubbish app.
- (2015-07-09) Artem Menshov: Very nice! Thanks!
- (2015-05-31) Fetching the icon automatically from the extension would be a nice bonus, but this is an excellent, quick, great looking, and functional new tab extension. Very pleased with it.
- (2015-05-12) con chino: nice!fast and stable！
- (2019-09-14, v:4.8.4) Va1lhal1a: i't good extension
Don't you want to put name tag under the icon? It'll be perfect if you's there.
- (2019-09-08, v:4.8.4) Alex Everett: Thumbnails won't update
When I edit the thumbnail URL and save it doesn't update to the new img it goes back to the prior one. How can I fix this?
- (2019-07-01, v:4.8.4) kokosnoot hoi: News feed
I have a problem with getting the news feed to update. I deleted the default news RRS feed and added my own, but the old one still shows and it won't show the ones i added.
- (2018-06-19, v:4.8.4) Jeff Shamus: How do I add and delete items?
- (2018-03-07, v:4.8.4) Edwin Reynoso: Not able to add more shortcuts
When I click edit shortcuts and add them, after saving they don't save, tried it 5 times in a row even with closing and reopening and refreshing the tab
- (2018-01-22, v:4.8.3) PR: Save New Tab Page
Hello, I need to reinstall all the OS and I would like to easily restore my settings of my New New Tab Page. How shold I proceed please ? Thank you.
- (2017-06-12, v:4.5.12) Christopher-J: open in new tab
Great add-on! Best of the many "new tab" ones I've tried. (Just recently made the switch from Firefox to Chrome.) Only suggestion would be an option to have the apps/links open in a new tab, rather that the New New Tab Page tab.
- (2017-04-06, v:4.5.12) Joseph Bon: The icon grid isn't responsive
When I resize my chrome window, the icon grid can sometimes clip offscreen because it doesn't resize to the size of the window
- (2017-04-05, v:4.5.12) Joseph Bon: Icons
How can I set the icons for the shortcuts to point to local files, rather than fetch them from online sources every time?
- (2017-03-02, v:4.5.12) Ivan Antic: Download
I cant download it is say there is a error