A new tab replacement.
12/31/2012 - No longer maintained, as I have moved on to other interests. Updated so that it works with the latest version of chrome, and will continue to look at future issues, but no active development. I recommend switching to something like Awesome New Tab Page if this troubles you. 2/19/2013 - Provided a patch for tiles mysteriously vanishing. Tiles should no longer vanish in that particular way. In short: This extension replicates the base functionality of the new tab page in Google Chrome™, while providing a new look based off of Windows Phone 7. What it does do: -Provides the ability to add your favourite websites as "tiles", and sort them. -Suggest "tiles" based off of your history -Shows your installed Apps, just like the new tab page. -Shows Chrome Urls, like Downloads, History, Bookmarks Manager. -Shows your recently closed tabs, just like the new tab page. -Allows you to change to "light" or "dark" theme, just like Windows Phone 7 -Show your Apps and recently closed tabs as tiles What it doesn't do: -Allow you to edit your "tiles" once you have added them, but you may remove them. -Allow you to uninstall or reload your Extensions. -Allow you to disable or enable your Apps. -Use your theme background. -Publicize your data. Ever. About: A project inspired by various DeviantArt works, The Windows 8 UI video, and Windows Phone 7. Permissions: Your browsing history-Used to suggest tiles Your data on all websites, Your tabs and browsing activity-used to take screenshots of your tabs when you add them as tiles Your list of installed apps, extensions, and themes-used to show you your installed Apps and extensions None of your browsing data is ever moved outside of this extension on installed computers. The data stays secure and private, used only for customization. Updates: V220.127.116.11: Fixed inline script errors. Functionality should be back to normal now. V1.1.2: Images working again, added chrome-urls page and chrome apps page. Added tile sortable functionality. V1.1.1: Added orange color, fixed various tile bugs, tweaked UI on settings page. V1.1.0: Rewritten save tile system to fix the bugs that have been plaguing the extension thus far. However, Images no longer show up. A bug fix will be provided as available. V1.0.7: Added to previous version's bug fix, changing all instances of tile id's to integers, preventing what would create duplicate tiles. V1.0.5 bug fix should be fixed now. V18.104.22.168: Changed name to improve findablility V1.0.6: Fixed bug caused in V1.0.5 Bug fix, where removing a tile would consequently cause all other tiles to be removed improperly. Tiles should no longer appear to be other tiles. V1.0.5: Fixed bug in the tile-id being negative, or a strange number, as well as an incorrect number of tiles. V1.0.4: Changed export feature to a drop down menu in order to reduce load time. Minor load time fixes on each tab. V1.0.3: Added export option to settings tab for debugging purposes V1.0.2: changed bug in add tile feature, misrepresenting all pages as restricted "chrome://" pages V1.0.1: Fixed style bug in popup window Google Chrome is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions.
- (2015-12-15) korpp carazo: me gusta como se ve es muy facil usarlo 10 puntos
- (2015-08-21) Stash Cat: God-awful. The "metro" in the title of this only applies to an animation
- (2013-12-14) Andre Tindame: its good tbh plus if you are experimenting with chrome themes would definately recomend a try
- (2012-01-20) Krish: Hangs when adding a new site. All added tiles just vanished. I came back to Speed Dial 2 which is excellent.
- (2011-12-26) Adam Demasi: This looks nothing like Metro, and the small copyright, etc. text at the top really bugs me. Also, the sidebar gets in the way when I go to click the scrollbar. Though I like the idea of the icon backgrounds based on their colors.
- (2011-11-29) Umm, sorry to say, but this is so fugly!!! You can't just add a text navigation on top and call it Metro. I'm going back to Speed Dial.
- (2011-11-26) Sampsa Saahkari: THis is neat, I dont like the new tab page, I like the old;much like in Opera but lower memory footprint =) You can do it w/ this :)
- (2011-11-19) Matija Mikulinec: how to deinstal