PowerNotes is a productivity tool that allows you to gather, organize, and track internet research easily and efficiently.
PowerNotes helps researchers make the leap from research to writing. First, the browser extension gives you the fastest way to save passages from the web, PDFs, and other digital materials. When you save a passage, you will also organize it and take notes. All saving will be done without leaving the source, so you won't need to copy and paste anymore! Also, the organizational structure is up to you. PowerNotes gives you a flexible organizational framework so that you can make the framework more sophisticated over time. So when you are doing research, you won't just be saving content, you will be creating an annotated outline at the same time. Everything that you gather will be saved in the Cloud. Once you've gathered your research, you can view an outline of your research in our web app, where you can assess and reorganize it. We built an interface specifically designed for reorganization. You can just drag and drop your digital note cards, move them around with a simple menu (again, no more copy and pasting), and create blank note cards to incorporate your own thoughts. You can even turn your research outline into a writing outline so that you can more easily start that first draft. You can download your research into a MS Word or Google Doc, a spreadsheet, or RIS file. For more information, visit our blog at: https://www.blog.powernotes.com/
- (2019-11-11) Tausif Mulla: This extension is a life saver. I had to submit a case study as part of my research course work and I was able to do it in one week. This helped me a lot. The only caveat is the free version only has one project. I will give 5 stars if the developers increase t to at least 3 projects.
- (2019-05-08) Ning Cao: good
- (2019-03-08) Way way way more powerful, systematic, organized, and faster than Evernote and OneNote!
- (2018-12-22) Wye Hon: Fantastic tool in organising highlights and sites
- (2017-05-18) Kevin Eisele: Used it recently to plan my trip to Iceland and found it very helpful! I will definitely be using it again to plan my future trips
- (2017-03-10) Patrick Dwyer: Great tool. Has really helped me in my research project, helps me keep organized. Would recommend.