Brancher lets you explore, manage and share your history in a totally new visual way.
Visualize your web-surfing experience as a tree. https://www.patreon.com/brancher https://www.facebook.com/brancher.io https://twitter.com/getbrancher How it works Brancher extension records your web browsing history and visually represents it as a tree of web pages. When you click a link from page A to page B brancher creates a tree. If you then click a link from page A to page C the app will add another branch to that tree. To open the app click extension popup icon and click “BRANCHER”. You will see a list of your trees, click a tree to open it. We provide a rich set of tools for editing (copy, paste, remove, drag&drop) and sharing a tree. Platform Brancher is a platform founded on a principal of free exchange of structured information. Each tree is a basic building block of knowledge, a map that helps you navigate through a sea of data. Add trees to your public profile to share latest trends with your followers. Receive the best recommendations from all over the internet. Personal Browsing Data We have put a range of systems in place to prevent any of your personal data from ever being recorded by the extension. It only records publicly available web pages and stops recording if a web page requires user authentication (logging in) or is otherwise hidden from public access. For example, browsing of an on-online store will create a tree of products but it won’t contain a page for website shopping cart nor any other personal details. Ignoring domains If you do not want extension to record history from specific domains you will have to add them to Ignore List. Open the app, click 3-dots in the upper-right corner and select “Ignore List”. Add entries to the list with full hostname and domain, like this www.example.com. Out of the box extension will ignore major banking websites, google cloud platform services and adult content. Browsing Data Storage - Webpages The app stores webpage metadata (url, title, image) with no personal user information attached. Only publicly available and not ignored web pages are recorded and stored on our servers. - Trees and personal browser history a. If you do NOT login. All of your personal browsing history will be stored locally on that particular computer and cannot be accessed from anywhere except from it. If you delete the extension all of your browsing data will be also deleted. b. If you login with your google account your browsing data will be synchronized to our servers and will be available to you after login on any other browser extension instance or through our web-app on brancher.io for desktop and mobile devices. Browsing Data Protection Our servers are fully secure and use all the necessary account verification techniques and methods. Your personal browsing history and trees can only be accessed with your personal google account (if not specified otherwise by the user). Sharing options If you want to share your trees you will have to login with your google account. By default your trees are only available to you. There are several sharing/publishing options you can mix and choose from. - Anonymous sharing. This option will make some of your trees available to other users but without any of your personally identifiable information attached. No-one will be able tell to whom an anonymous tree may belong, only tree links themselves will be visible to other users. Whether a tree gets anonymously shared or not is decided based on the number of Facebook Likes that nodes of a tree have. That way only trees with popular content get out there. - Publish domain. All trees that contain a link with specific domains will become part of your public profile. To add domain to the Publish List open the app, click 3-dots in the upper-right corner and select “Publish List”. Add entries to the list with full hostname and domain, like this www.example.com. Shortcut: navigate in browser to the domain you want to publish, open extension popup and click “Publish Domain” button. - Publish a tree. Open a tree, hover over tree title and click Publish button. - Share a link to a tree. Open a tree and click Share button. The distinction between publishing and sharing is that any tree can be shared but only published tree will contain personally identifiable information of the user who created it. Only the user can (un)publish his/her tree. Contact Please contact us regarding any questions or requests you may have via [email protected] or https://www.facebook.com/brancher.io.
- (2019-10-18) TheProteanGirl: SO UNIQUE and awesome!
- (2019-05-01) Armin Mutscheller: Never shows a tree, only a list. Does not update the Home section. Requires a Content Language setting, but what if you are using multiple languages, e.g. for multilingual terminology research? Does not remember settings. Help is available only via a Facebook page. What if I don't have/want a Facebook account? Nice idea, but poorly implemented.
- (2018-10-03) Chaziz Video: It always says "Start browsing the web your history will appear here" EVEN THOUGH I ALWAYS BROWSE THE WEB
- (2018-08-24) Dorian Thiessen: I am in love with a browser extension...
- (2018-08-08) Xiarno Anonyme: Awesome app. I have a suggestion tough. Make it able to select more than one item. Going one by one to delete every of them is iritating.
- (2018-07-30) Mark Callan: Cool extension, and they are very responsive to any questions. I had to get them to remove some domains from work, and they jumped on it right away! Just make sure if you have domains you don't want to be public, you tell brancher to ignore them. Do you guys accept feature requests? Could you provide a tree view for tabs you currently have open? Similar to tree view tabs in firefox?
- (2018-07-29) Veselin Georgiev: Very nice extension!
- (2018-05-29) Peter Devoy: On Chromium on Ubuntu 16.04 would not show my past history (even after clicking "History" in the side-menu) so had to disable. Maybe there could be an option to disable it on chrome://history and have it use chrome-extension://... instead? That way people can use it with other history managers. 4 stars because don't want to damage rating with a bug report.
- (2018-05-25) Lorenzo van Gulik: I like this. but only one problem. that is if i can't touch history. this history code is HISTORYONTREES
- (2018-05-25) renman hause: Exactly what I was looking for!!! I hope the dev keep adding more feature. It is very promising and I think lots of people would love this if they just knew about it/ knew they needed this sort of thing. One thing I would suggest is making the site faster(it is way to slow right now especially compared to how fast the default history tab is) and a bit easier to scroll through the branches(right now there is a huge icon for how the tree looks like that cover up the history when scrolling). Second is having a tab to view old history before you install the add-on and also have an option to view the tree vertically. The only flaw I have noticed is that not all of the history is captured correctly is the branches or at least does not show up properly. When opening a new tab some times it does not start a new branch immediately and only starts it when you are a couple gapes in.
- (2018-03-14) Chris Redfield: Trés bonne application , mais est ce possible de sauvegarder son historique en dehors de brancher
- (2018-02-05) smile: Pas mal
- (2018-01-23) Anny Info Tech: Totally Speechless extension you can grab everything any time. Thank you Brancher for Visual History.
- (2018-01-12) Mark Gerads: This is the closest option currently available to my ideal web history management.
- (2017-12-06) Gevorg Khachatrian: I'm sure it's a nice concept, but after installing it and browsing the web for a while, I open task manager and see that this extension is taking up over 2GB of RAM! Instant uninstall. I never even got a chance to use it, but 2GB mem usage is unacceptable!
- (2017-11-01) ΚΩΝΣΤΑΝΤΙΝΟΣ ΑΝΤΩΝΟΠΟΥΛΟΣ: Just Brilliant!
- (2017-10-08) David Chase: Doesn't seem to sync my past history with it, unfortunately.
- (2017-09-25) Julien Senez: Excellente application. Je l'utilise dans le cadre de mon métier ou il m'arrive très régulièrement de fouiller dans mon historique internet. Du coup je la recommande vivement.
- (2017-09-15) Aliensyntax: One of the best extensions ever created. Seriously. This is genius.
- (2017-09-07) Quentin Tarantino: branch does not "connect" when we make "open in new tab"
- (2017-09-05) Artem Glushchuk: Good idea, hightime for such extension
- (2017-09-02) Ambroise1994: very funny ^^thanks Léo techmaker
- (2017-06-01) ePravo – юридична компанія: молодці, гарна історія!!
- (2017-03-03) Illya Fefelov: I love it)