Have key points visually pop out at you -- try a visual way of exploring Wikipedia.
Are you a visual thinker? wikipics is a more visual way to browse Wikipedia. The extension replaces all text links with image links overlayed with the original text of the link -- making the abstract concrete. See the faces behind development of the World Wide Web. See the ingredients needed to make beef noodle soup. See the changes that Boeing made to each generation of airplane. Toggle the extension on/off to switch between textual and pictorial browsing experiences. ---------------------------------- wikipics was designed as an educational experiment, with two learning goals in mind: -- Intuition and bursts of insight in science and mathematics are closely associated with the ability to think visually. This extension attempts to encourage more information in your head to be represented in images rather than text. -- The extension overlays text on top of images, exposing the reader to hundreds of spontaneous flash cards and giving rise to many opportunities for rich associations and unintentional learning.
- (2014-10-14) Anirudh Sharma: well done, lovely wink!
- (2014-10-14) Cory Li: i like pictures, and wikipics gives lots of them
- (2014-10-14) Luke Cheng: Particularly useful for browsing wiki articles related to food, botany, animals, and travel!! Love using this : )
- (2014-10-14) Sherwin Yu: 5/5 would download again
- (2014-10-14) Haitao Mao: Makes wiki browsing much more interesting