Lightweight New Tab Page with Bookmarks and Top Sites
Replaces the New Tab Page with lightweight one for looking your Bookmarks at a glance. == Features == - Simple - Lightweight - No ads - No tracking This extension allows followings: - List bookmarks - List top sites (recently accessed sites) - Show network status (since 1.0.4) - Switch theme (since 1.3.0) - Collapse bookmark folder (since 1.7.0) - Edit or remove bookmark (since 2.1.0) - Indent bookmark folders (since 2.3.0) - Popup (since 2.4.0) This is an open source software developed on https://github.com/int128/bntp
- (2021-06-01) Adarsh Sharma: Excellent | increase productivity
- (2021-01-21) Kent Scherler: Fantastic. Changed my life.
- (2020-11-20) Ahmad Sodikin: Very usefull
- (2020-04-08) Tony Stark: Thank you. That Tool is nearly the best and Perfect Tool. Finaly the best what i need and searched for. What it has better than other: + It has not the bad Drag and Drop by Default. Why Drag and Drop is bad at Default is, that i unfortunately can remove or delete one Bookmark(Happens often). I love more Static Folders and Files. The Removing i can Configure at the Backside later on. (Please do not enable the Drag on Drop later, just maybe as an optional) default. + On a new tab i see all the Pages and can see them collapsed or uncollapsed how i like it and it stays so. One Suggestion for future is, that maybe we have maybe an Searchbar on the top? Thank you.
- (2020-04-02) sd j: 별5개 밖에 줄수 없다는게 안타깝다
- (2020-03-06) Marzena Ryt: love it!! the best bookmark organizer for office.
- (2020-01-23) Mariusz Małek: Genial. Keep up good work.
- (2019-12-04) Ethan Hansen: This is the best bookmarks layout I have seen thus far! A couple things I want to see; better performance on initial load, ability to click and drag to arrange, ability to add and remove (not just collapse), and finally better customization options (make link cards smaller, larger, adjust font and size, etc)
- (2019-10-30) kenzan boo: Love this! makes visualizing my book marks much easier! thanks!
- (2019-10-08) Nash Benjamasutin: Love it! One ask, should make an option to trim the title of bookmark as well.
- (2019-06-04) Yonks Somarl: Perfect except unable to show the whole favicon if the bookmark name is set empty.
- (2019-02-20) Zoran Kovačević: Exactly what I need: list all my bookmarks on New Tab Page, with bookmarks bar being on the top. One click to open, no menus :) Also it has light and dark themes, which is cool :)
- (2018-10-15) Adam Castiel: Beautiful and clean. Default settings are a little too much, but the dark setting with everything collapsed, and no 'Top Sites' is great.
- (2018-07-29) Louis: It's a really good extension if you want to remove the recents tumbnails, it still can improve on the performance side though, I think it kinda slowed down my new tab page a little bit. Now I've encountered a problem that is the google apps bookmarks can't be removed properly, it always says invalid bookmark id
- (2018-07-17) Kursad Polat: Can't life without it. Would be nice if you could sort bookmarks from the new tab instead of going to the bookmark manager.
- (2018-06-24) Duncan Masters: Takes some juggling to set up in a useful manner, but that's mostly Chrome's fault.
- (2018-06-24) Haegwan Kim: This is exactly what I was looking for. 5 out of 5 period.
- (2018-06-02) Simplicity. Let's me keep a neat, organized list of bookmarks. Use it every day.
- (2018-05-07) Alfred Karpov: Very good!
- (2018-05-06) Barnabás Nagy: That's exactly I was looking for! Amazing, thank you! :) One big thing I miss, sorting options. I know I can sort my bookmarks but I want to be able to sort them within this tab as well. It would be cool if I could be able to sort in which order the bookmark folders appear in this new tab. Maybe I want the Chrome Pages section on top followed by Chrome Apps and then the Bookmarks bar and the rest. Also, give a proper name to the tab: 'New tab' or something. I'd love if this new tab could use the background of the theme I use in Chrome just as the default new tab can use it. :)
- (2018-05-05) Max G: Very useful.
- (2018-04-23) Moonsteroid: Fast and light, love it. Thanks for that. Had issues with other extensions running very slow on my laptop, this runs very well.
- (2018-04-06) Prajwal D R: Excellent..
- (2018-03-14) Kourii Raiko: Wonderful! Does exactly what it says it does. Hope to see more extended customization features in the future.
- (2018-03-05) Klaus Kochan: Einfach, schlank, sehr funktional, ohne Schnickschnack. Funktioniert super! Simple, slim, very functional, no unnecessary stuff. Works perfectly!
- (2018-01-15) Leaf Fae: I have been looking for something like this for a long time. The grid layout and simplicity is a key draw for me. I'm giving this 4 out of 5 stars because it would be great if the grid, sizes, and spacing were adjustable. Otherwise, this is the best Bookmarks New Tab page I've come across that suits my personal/work needs and preferences.
- (2017-09-06) Tomasz Węgrzanowski: The boxes are too tiny and unconfigurable. 2.5 lines of text. Like I have a bunch of youtube vids saved, and they'd normally need 3-4 lines. And in any case there's never any reason to cut text mid-line.
- (2017-09-04) Patryk Ned: This is the best new tab Extension for practical use I ever seen. For me, app is missing one important functionallity: search bookmarks. It's not hard to implements such a feature. Something like "When you type some characters, all bookmarks will be filtered by written text." I'd be glad to see this. It'd be perfect new tab extension for me!
- (2017-06-07) Edward Adjei: Just what I need needed!!. But please allow us to resize the grids
- (2017-06-01) Nguyễn Vũ Khang: Loved it but would love to see and option to choose which bookmarks folder to display
- (2017-05-21) Andrey Kleshchev: Didn't realize it can be scaled before reading comments, so scale indicator at the bottom might be a good thing to have. Also delineation need to be improved for light themes. Otherwise really great panel. Suggestion: implement different types of representation (classic folders, tabs/pages, grid), implement sorting and allow hiding specific bockmark-folders (e.x: work and home bookmarks are synchronized for me, but I don't use work ones at home yet this program shows them)
- (2017-04-19) Bereketeab Woldegiorgis Emanu: i really love this extension... but it would be awesome if it has more categories and if we were able to organize the bookmarks as how we want it to be ordered. anyways great work!
- (2017-04-18) Владислав Юдин: exactly what is needed.
- (2019-02-13, v:2.4.2) Kai Chuang: doesn't work for bookmark bar
It works great with bookmark, but not bookmark bar. Hope it can also open items in bookmark bar in new tabs.
- (2019-01-03, v:2.4.2) Pete Carroll: Icon glitch when name text is empty
When a bookmark's name is blank, then only the top half of the icon is shown.
- (2018-08-29, v:2.4.2) Daniel N: Suggestions
I'd like to be able to: - Move bookmarks from new tab page - Delete/edit bookmarks from new tab page - Open bookmarks in new tab in background by default
- (2018-03-05, v:2.4.2) Klaus Kochan: Move bookmarks
For the next version: Move bookmarks within the NewTab.
- (2017-06-12, v:2.2.1) Ctrl-click no longer open in new tab
Ctrl-click no longer open my shortcut in a in new tab. This problem showed up only today on all my computer at once and only for this bookmark page. So I am assuming it comes from the extension it-self.
- (2017-06-12, v:2.2.0) Doug Lynch: can't collapse folders anymore
For some reason, all of my folders expanded themselves and I can no longer collapse specific ones
- (2017-05-26, v:2.1.0) Don Roy: How to remove 'edit' flag?
I used BNTP a couple months ago and the 'edit' popdown flag was not there. New install now and it's there. There are lots of ways to edit a bookmark, so how do I remove it here? Don Roy
- (2017-04-01, v:1.8.0) change order of groups
It would nice to have the chrome apps second (meaning before the bookmarks) I have a lot of bookmark and would rather not have to scroll all the way down to get to the chrome apps. An option for setting the order of the 3 toggle choices for how they appear would be good.
- (2017-03-29, v:1.8.0) Veronica Martinez: Link to Bookmarks Instead?
Hi, I was wondering if you could make it so that I can link to this bookmark page instead of having it set to the new tab page. I really really like it, but I have a new tab page that I already enjoy. It only is able to list 6 links and I'd like one of them to link to this bookmarks page. Thank you!
- (2017-02-02, v:1.8.0) Jess D: grayed out for me too: Chrome Beta
current version as of 2/1/17. Went to your github site but couldn't comprehend instructions re installation. Too bad--better support for noobs would be good, this looks promising.