Icinga Status is simple open source extension for Google Chrome™ that helps you watch over your Icinga or Nagios instance.
IDEAS? ====== I like to hear about your ideas for this extension, please post bugs and future request ONLY to github page http://github.com/kepi/IcingaChromedStatus/issues FEATURES ========= * setup login, pass and url for icinga * works with https (not tested on http :) ) * display status of Icinga * display hosts and services with errors * change icon badge according to status (I will explain this in detail later) * handle acknowledged services and hosts * handle scheduled downtimes for hosts and services * check status every X seconds - adjustable in options * reschedule check of host or service from popup * link to acknowledge host or service * filtering of host/service list * setting ignored hosts or services with regular expressions LIMITATIONS ========== * It can't report error if you setup wrong username/password * It doesn't handle scheduled downtimes (planned) * It doesn't handle hosts without services * It doesn't many more things :) PLANNED ======== * details about hosts and services * more options for icon badge * some sort of caching between requests * support for more servers * filtering of services and hosts * remember last selected tab * pause of refreshing WHY ==== I want to write this extension for a long time, so why not? I know, there is also Nagios Checker extension which seems ok, but doesn't work for me with https and I simply want to test how to work with icinga or nagios. CHANGES ======== 0.1.6 - 12. 6. 2014 * New option to hide hosts and services in downtime * Fix not displaying acked hosts with not-acked services * Remove typo which broke links to hosts details (thanks to Michael Bladowski) * Memory leaks fixes, should be much more memory friendly 0.1.5 - 14. 3. 2014 * Fix flattr loading 0.1.4 - 14. 3. 2014 * Fix misplaced Save button * Remove unused includes in background * Async loading of donate buttons - fix problem with never appearing popup when flattr is down 0.1.3 - 14. 3. 2014 * Upgrade to manifest v2 and reupload to chrome store * Fix refresh interval changem * Fix #12 problem with limited host display * Fix #15 rescheduling date format problem 0.1.2 - 11. 7. 2012 * Fix wrong handling of empty regexps which probably caused non-working extension. See #13 0.1.1 - 28. 4. 2012 * New option: Hide acknowledged hosts and services in popup * Fixed problem when sometimes bad hosts were not displayed * Fixed wrong link to rate this extension
- (2019-10-09) James Lawton: very helpful.
- (2018-03-15) Artem Zavyalov: Greate clear view app! Very luck it, but need to have an option for multiple servers... PS: let me know if I can help with adding it
- (2017-05-04) Jan Majek: I've been using this extension to monitor our Nagios for a long time and it always worked well. However, recently I had to disable the extension because it was eating up a lot of memory (repeatedly) -- and when I say a lot, I mean in the region of 6-8GBs which caused my 4 years old macbook to grind to a halt. I think there might be a memory leak. I f the developer fixes thism I'll be happy to use it again but for now I cannot recommend using of this extension.
- (2017-04-24) Olivier FEBWIN: Many crash
- (2016-12-28) Christian Hartmann: Funktioniert auch bei meiner msichung aus Nagios und Icinga
- (2016-11-30) Raphaël Franchet: this extension rocks! I just had a hard time to find the correct nagios url... but now it runs correctly.
- (2016-11-24) Lukas Sebastiany: Leider wird der Nagios Server von unserer Firma nicht von diesem Addon akzeptiert. Ich habe ständig eine 0 da stehen, obwohl bei uns 2 im Critical und einer im Unknown Status sind.
- (2016-10-25) Christian Lochmatter: Macht was es soll. Wäre cool wenn die App ein Notification einblenden würde.
- (2016-09-01) Jan Zoul: Pěkná hračička, ale skoro při každém druhém refres procesu zobrazí chybu: Unknown error. Please provide more details about your config to github issue page so I can help you. Dá se s tím něco udělat?
- (2016-03-15) Nixon Mayr: отлично
- (2016-01-04) Paul Chvostek: Works extremely well. More featureful than I was expecting from the screenshots in the Overview. This extension reduces our downtime, improves our customers' experience, etc. Like other reviewers, I would also give this 5/5 stars if it supported multiple profiles at different URLs.
- (2015-12-07) Wolfgang Chodura: Macht was es soll. Man kann leider nicht mehrere Nagios-Instanzen einbeziehen, sondern nur eine.
- (2015-12-02) Yevgeniy Valeyev: Great plugin, but I miss sound alarms.
- (2015-11-23) Dmitry Mazanko: It's work with Nagios too.
- (2015-09-30) Sinan Aydoğdu: Icones et notification trop discret sinon super !
- (2015-09-15) Russell Rademacher: Apparently, recently, not sure when, but the extension no longer works properly at all. It could not even connect and pull information to display the status. It was working previously, but now it have stopped entirely for it. I am not sure if it is related to upgrading to 64 Bit Chrome or due to latest Chrome version that broke the extension at this time. I would like to see this working again, but at this point, it is useless paperweight.
- (2015-09-04) Dennis Skinner: Need to monitor multiple Nagios instances. Also, it doesn't like it when I try to tell it to only show me a subset of alerts like this: nagios/status.cgi?hostgroup=blah
- (2015-07-13) Diego Antonino: Great! Just missing the ability to check several servers.
- (2015-06-22) Juan Enrique: Funciona genial.
- (2015-06-13) Javier Cascallana: Muy bien
- (2015-05-20) Francisco José Bejarano: Would give 5/5 if it could report from multiple monitoring instances (more than one nagios/icinga server) Very nice ext.
- (2015-05-06) Terry Cain: Great, would of got 5 stars if it could monitor multiple nagios instances
- (2015-04-28) Aleksey Grishchuk: Nice
- (2015-04-28) Bobby Sl: Ganz gut die App, nutze dies mit unseren Nagios Server. ;)
- (2015-03-23) Enrico Rudolf: Ohne Probleme bis jetzt im Einsatz. Eine Art Benachrichtigung bei Critical wäre noch schön
- (2015-07-05, v:0.1.6) Raphael Menezes: Returning zero incidents
I've got Icinga status connected to Nagios, but it's saying that have no alarms at all, even though I can see 290 alarms in Nagios. What is happening? Thank you in advance.
- (2015-05-15, v:0.1.6) Lluís Pérez: Multiple instances
Hi, I found this extension really helpful. As it works also with Nagios Core installations, without Icinga, a good capability will be having more than one server to check. Do you know if there is any way to do it?
- (2015-04-20, v:0.1.6) Michał Gacek: Nagios
how to set it up properly with nagios, i can't get it to work with nagios3
- (2014-07-07, v:0.1.6) Dan D: Multiple Hosts
I understand you are working on adding this in with no time range. What sort of donation amount would get you in the direction of adding this in sooner? =)
- (2014-05-27, v:0.1.5) Justin Heesemann: user with empty password?
It fails to connect to our icinga which uses an empty password and an https connection. Since leaving the password field empty has the meaning of not changing the password, I wonder how I can make this happen? I always receive "Your username or password is probably wrong. Fix it in options.."
- (2013-02-21, v:0.1.2) Michael Bladowski: multiple hosts
hi, i really like your plugin! is there any chance, you extend yout extension to add multiple nagios server ? that would be great!! thank you, michael
- (2012-10-24, v:0.1.2) Scott Vollmin: Icinga 1.8 changes causing only a few hosts to be displayed.
Since upgrading to Icinga 1.8, with added pagination to the status.cgi page, I can only see the first group of hosts in this extension. None of the hosts on the other pages are listed.
- (2012-07-30, v:0.1.2) Danny Marquardt: monitor more than one sources at once
aloha. can you add the ability to monitor multiple instances? ie: multiple datacenters?
- (2012-07-20, v:0.1.2) Wahid Bhimji: Multiple nagios URLs
Hi I love this tool but I really need to monitor multiple nagios servers . Is there any hope that such functionality may be available soon (or is there but I can't find it!) Thanks Wahid
- (2012-07-06, v:0.1.1) Patricio Tapia: problem whith Chrome
I Not working whith Google Chrome 20.0.1132.47 m