Zoom, resize, expand or shrink videos on most websites.
Zoom, resize, expand or shrink videos on most websites. Websites restrict watching videos to two sizes: full screen or some fixed size they decide. Universal Video Maximizer gives you control over how big or small to watch videos without all the distractions on the page. ✓ After analyzing the page, the video resizes to fit the window. ✓ Must have for people with large monitors. ✓ Has a "lights out" feature. ✓ Shrink the window to watch videos in a corner while you work. ✓ Great companion for ChromeCast. ✓ Similar to watching videos full-screen, just inside a resizable Chrome tab (ads are NOT removed). ✓ Works well with most sites. ✓ Secure and private! Other video expander extensions have full access every page you visit, not this one. Check it out when you install. Some sites like Netflix already support this feature. Until they all do there's Universal VideoMaximizer! Found a site that doesn't work? Let me know about it: <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/video-maximizer-extension> Feel like checking out something experimental? Try my other extension "Videos While You Work". It's based on VideoMaximer, but shows videos in a floating window so you can work, browse, etc and watch videos at the same time. <https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/videos-while-you-work>
- (2021-03-28) Anisur Miah: Works great with ITV HUB which other's didnt.
- (2021-02-26) ALEJANDRO GONZALES CIPRIANO: LOL it fixes the awfull meet layout
- (2021-02-24) Hyrum Bigham: Saved me a bunch of time and made my school lectures easier to watch. Canvas formatting is just a little too much for my limited html knowledge.
- (2021-01-30) Andrey Tkach: Иногда криво расширяет окно в ютюбе - не отображается интерфейс.
- (2021-01-23) Martin Krajňák: Exactly what I needed, works as charm, thank you !
- (2020-12-28) Tianzu Qi: It doesn't work on pornhub
- (2020-12-15) Jrad: Sweet, works in 2020 on Bitchute, I was after something like theatre mode on Youtube so I can have video on half of my monitor while I do other stuff on the other side and this does the job perfectly.
- (2020-12-08) Rand Omdude: Older extension, but it checks out. Still works great.
- (2020-11-30) Anthony Goodman: Perfect, using this in 2020 on Opera Browser to watch The Daily Wire videos full screen.
- (2020-10-09) Bryce Palmer: I've been looking for an extension like this for years, not sure how I missed this! Works perfectly!
- (2020-10-04) Josh: It works on my college website. Thank you. Productivity increased!
- (2020-08-25) Kad: work great without cutting of video tools (players, subtitles) on sites that i use (ex. edx vids). It'd be greater if enabled a shortcut to toggle the feature
- (2020-08-06) Ricardo Urueña: Excelente, cumple totalmente lo que dice 5/5
- (2020-07-16) Ashton Christopher: Fantastic
- (2020-06-24) Brendan J Boehr: Best feature: "Secure and private! Other video expander extensions have full access every page you visit, not this one." This is MUCH appreciated!
- (2020-01-11) Cristhian Reinoso: Exactly what I was looking for
- (2020-01-06) Taylor Anderson: Works great! Thank you!
- (2019-05-27) El Bachir: Perfect! Thank you very much
- (2019-05-16) Jon S: Fantastic extension. I really would love a keybinding that invokes the fullscreen function.
- (2019-04-16) David Shield: Best Chrome Fullscreen Extension
- (2019-02-14) achraf mirrane: great app, but can we resize the video inside the tab? without resizing the whole tab
- (2018-08-19) Stuart Davies: doesn't do anything = waste of time
- (2018-07-17) Marc-O Cantin: Fait exactement ce que l'app est sencé faire, optimisé la vidéo à la taille de la fenêtre. Merveilleux!
- (2018-04-08) Karlo Pangilinan: installed without fuss; now playing half-screen browser with maximized video frame!
- (2018-04-01) Fai ღ: I already had everything I wanted in "Fullscreen Anything", except for one website where the captions turn back off. I thought I'd give this one a shot. So far, so good, the Captions are still there and the side bar isn't too distracting.
- (2018-03-30) Noah Ratliff: This did exactly what I was looking for. Filled the browser window with a video - without filling the entire screen. Great so far!
- (2018-03-21) Star Hopes: its not bad. it doesnt work on the one site i wanted it for but the one site i had been using it for worked decent on it. tho sometimes it seems a bit buggy and dose odd things with the scroll bars. also the pics seem to be a bit blurry and streched out. but things i could live with a bit.
- (2018-02-02) EDGE EVEN: after a freakin hour searching for a suitable extension , finally oh my god, thank you so much
- (2018-01-25) Chun Lei Lee: Awesome!!!!
- (2018-01-18) Ralf S.: Perfect for watching Eurosport Player on my Mac's second screen.
- (2018-01-06) Snowman56767: Worked perfectly for my stream!
- (2018-01-01) Shuttercraft Norwich: Spot on! Play a video link in a Chrome window. Click the extension icon. Video is now full window rather than full screen. Click extension icon again to go back to normal size.
- (2017-12-30) antxón castillo: Es justo lo que estaba buscando mejor que los pop up de youtube. Especialmente porque tengo una pantalla grande y así puedo usar las dos partes de la misma. En una un video y en la otra leer lo que quiera.
- (2017-12-30) dashx73: This one actually works and is the best alternative to the outdated old solution that was "Fullscreen anything"
- (2017-07-20) Daniel Stevenson: Gotta give this a 5 because its the only one I can find that actually works with HBO NOW while casting with chrome. It kills the video navigation controls but that's ok, if I want to rewind I just minimize for a second and then maximize again. Nice job.
- (2017-06-19) Samuel Cochran: Does not work with embedded youtube videos. I expected the escape key to return to non-fullscreen. I expected to be in the same scroll position when returning from fullscreen.
- (2017-06-08) Mercí Noel: excelente LO UTILICE COMO EL FLOTANTE PERO DE OTRAS PAGINAS
- (2017-04-22) Fábio Santos: Incrível, maximiza qualquer video pra caber exatamente no tamanho do navegador aberto.
- (2017-03-12) Patrick Logan: This extension does what it says in a simple, easy, one click type of way.
- (2016-04-10) Does what it says it does.
- (2016-01-01) ภัทรพล ณ สงขลา: good
- (2015-12-03) Josh Sorensen: This extension is way better than "Fullscreen Anything" because on some sites with "Fullscreen Anything" it cuts off a portion of the video that has the playing controls and allows you to skip. This extension fixes that issue and allows us to scroll down to see that part and after scrolling down it doesn't cut off ANY of the video. Works great with flash video too unlike "Fullscreen Anything"
- (2021-02-01, v:1.0.12) Justin Morris: no longer works
just a blank screen now. :(
- (2020-12-04, v:1.0.12) skinny diet coke: clicking extension sends focus to bottom page; not working well
extension not working well anymore, clicking on it veers page to bottom instead of maximizing video
- (2020-08-27, v:1.0.12) Gareth Kaderes: i used this extension for years and now its stopped working properly.
The video content enlarges but its stuck off to the left side of the screen. Half the video windows are not visible they are that far off the screen.
- (2019-09-23, v:1.0.12) Josef Stepanek: Not working on dvtv.cz and seznamzpravy.cz
Just FYI, if you'd like to improve the extension, if it's even possible… It's not working on https://www.dvtv.cz and https://www.seznamzpravy.cz
- (2018-07-14, v:1.0.12) Adding Built In Short Key
Would be useful when using Chrome in Application Mode (More Tools>Create Shortcut>Open As Window) - for some reason Chrome's built in hotkeys for extensions does not trigger this extension when in application mode.
- (2018-03-03, v:1.0.12) Adding video contrlas as well?
Could you also enable video controls to this same extention (for videos without FF and Rewind)
- (2016-01-01, v:1.0.12) ภัทรพล ณ สงขลา: ิ
- (2015-09-27, v:1.0.12) Ridho Yusticiano: use shorcut
better use shortcut key e.g. alt+enter or something like that
- (2014-01-29, v:1.0.12) Stephanie Young-Cross: Broken
It doesn't seem to work anymore.
- (2013-12-16, v:1.0.10) Chin Ta Tsai: 反應太慢
- (2013-12-02, v:1.0.8) Tom Nielsen: Where do support requests go
This is just a test.