Zoom images/videos on all your favorite websites (Facebook, Amazon, etc). Simply hover your mouse over the image to enlarge it.
Hover your mouse over any image on the supported websites and the extension will automatically enlarge the image to its full size, making sure that it still fits into the browser window. This is an open source version of the original HoverZoom extension which is now overrun by malware and deleted from store. In this version all spyware has been removed, many bugs were fixed and new features were added. It doesn't collect any statistics by default. The only permission it needs is to access data on all websites (to extract full images), and *optional* permissions to access browser history, download/save images or get tab urls for per-site configuration. Sometimes sites change design and when it happens extension needs to be updated. Please report any issues with zoom not working by using Support tab or https://github.com/extesy/hoverzoom/issues page.
- (2020-07-30) Sam S: THIS IS A MALWARE SCAM. Hover Zoom, the original, was removed because it was spying on it's users and now it's returned in the form of Hover Zoom+. The only way it works is it makes you by pass your security features on Chrome. Heres an article talking about it https://securitywithsam.com/2019/07/dataspii-hover-zooms-controversial-past/
- (2020-07-26) Deepesh Vesuwala: It does what i needed just 2 things ... Please add HOTKEY support to enable or disable this extension in chrome shortcuts...... also .... give cuztomization option for the hue effect ... i need black instead of white... or just plain black background
- (2020-07-24) Carlos Henrique tutoriais e configurações: excelente
- (2020-07-20) Benjamin North: I've been using this for months, but I recently noticed that when accessing Amazon, i was constantly being redirected to a deals page, always with an amazon affiliates tag now in the site URL (guitacom20) -- I basically disabled my extensions one by one, and worked out that when this extension was disabled, I no longer suffered the problem. So I don't conclusively know whether this extension contains malware, but it seems possible for sure and I will no longer be using it.
- (2020-07-18) Daryl Hamor: been using this extension for years now. Is there any chance for https://safebooru.org/ to be added in the plugin list?
- (2020-07-16) Abdulkhaleq Alghaberi: It doesn't work with Instagram website.
- (2020-07-12) Денис Григорьев: не работает,что только не делал
- (2020-07-10) Richard Trinkner: Works only on a limited number of sites, and even then on a limited number of images on those sites. It doesn't work at all on the NY Times or Washington Post, and only rarely on Amazon. Does not seem to work on Reddit. I tested these sites on 7/10/2020, Linux, Chrome Version 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit).
- (2020-07-07) Esteves Costa: Ok
- (2020-07-04) Shan Sundar: In Instagram page its not working Is there any remedy with you
- (2020-07-03) Jeffrey Hage: Half the pictures and photo's simply refuse to show.
- (2020-07-03) Сета Гидевская: клёвое расширение , очень удобно . перешол на оперу и продолжим им пользоватса , спасибо. автор, если найдётса минутка запили это расширение в оперовский магаз. https://addons.opera.com
- (2020-07-03) Vit: Иногда не работает даже на викпедии! Просто не открывает некоторые картинки. Временно переключился на другое похожее расширение, и там работает. Значит, дело не в википедии.
- (2020-06-28) Rachel: Great functionality, unfortunately I wanted it to work with google sheets and it didn't 😢
- (2020-04-10) Walid Elgendi: good
- (2020-04-01) eighth doctor: Used to work well on most sites but it seems that as of 1st April 2020, this is no longer working on many sites like it used to including Tumblr and Discord, and will only work on Google images if you have already clicked on an image but won't on others that you haven't clicked on. Only days ago it was working on these sites as normal (although at present is still working ok on Deviantart). Would be nice if this was fixed as it was a decent app/extension.
- (2020-03-23) Brad Olson: no longer works...so disappointing...I used it constantly
- (2020-03-17) Cab Calloway: All I can say is that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I've been using it for years and I don't recall any issues with it at all when I first started using it. It played videos and always zoomed, at least as far as I remember. I've noticed that within the last year or so though, it's started to decline in practicality, but today I decided to finally mark this extension as probably dying. Many of the images I try to expand won't load for whatever reason, whether it's on reddit, facebook, google, or whatever else. Sometimes I can get a google image to zoom in if I click on it first, but not always; if I had to guess, I'd think it had something to do with the particular format the image you want has. On most of the images and videos that don't work, the loading animation will pop up for half a second and vanish without displaying the image. You can keep trying, but you'll get the same result. I really want this extension to be as fantastic as it once was, but as is, it's hardly worth installing at all anymore.
- (2020-03-13) Egg: An absolute life saver. Opens pictures from unembeded imgur links for example, and occasionally shows a larger version of the pictures in google image search, than what the search page itself would show. The only minus i could think of is that it doesn't show the pictures from unembeded instagram links anymore, like it used to. But i guess that isn't the extensions fault. Overall very good.
- (2020-03-07) Blue Blonde: Was a very good app but on my chrome browser it has stopped working. I have the latest windows 10 installed and the top of the line pc. not sure why it stopped working. Wish it could be fixed. Tried going to multiple websites and it no longer zooms when I hover over an image like it used to. Fix the extension or remove it from the chrome store.
- (2020-02-29) Ricalinia Alexandre: Era excelente mas agora n funciona mais :(
- (2020-02-29) Angel Martinez: No longer working on Google images. :-(
- (2020-02-26) Katie Norby: No longer working on Google images for me. I hover, but nothing pops up. it's still working on other websites, so I don't know what's wrong. Don't know if this will be a problem for others.
- (2020-02-22) Kokodjo: No longer works.
- (2020-02-16) Sergio Monteiro: Parou de funcionar no Google imagens,antes disso era 100%
- (2016-09-25, v:1.0.89) Роман Шульженко: ВКонтакте
Перестал работать в ВК в хроме. В яндексе работает
- (2016-09-23, v:1.0.89) Maggie Webb: Why wot this work anymore?
my hover zoom app icon is GONE. I cant get anything to zoom. Woke up a few days ago and saw that there was malicious software removed. Now my hover zoom app is gone.
- (2016-09-22, v:1.0.89) Sean Wales: Small Bug to Report
Hi - Hoverzoom+ is no longer work for links for the domain 'streamable.com' ... it was previously working great but now links from there won't load.
- (2016-09-21, v:1.0.89) Anna Cunningham: Sensitivity
Hi can you please turn down the sensitivity!? Its a pain in the ass when I'm on a blank space and a photo continues to show up. It was a lot better a couple of months ago!
- (2016-09-12, v:1.0.89) Brian Fachri: bug
unable to load image facebook
- (2016-09-01, v:1.0.89) 國嘓嘓: 圖片重複閃爍
最近圖片會一直重複顯示閃爍 連滑鼠游標移開圖片後也會一直閃爍個不停 甚至是好幾張頁面上不同的照片
- (2016-08-27, v:1.0.89) Marcus Lim: Reddit hoverzoom not working
in reddit, it used to load the full image by hovering. Now it simply shows the same sized picture as the thumbnails on reddit.
- (2016-08-26, v:1.0.89) Ronnie Bradford: Not loading when hovered over url
I am having issues with hoverzoom+ working when hovering over a url. This used to work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck
- (2016-08-25, v:1.0.89) Sven Lakemeier: Facebook
I'm unable to zoom on facebook profile pictures. Other pictures and other sites seem to work fine
- (2016-08-24, v:1.0.89) Jose Luis Reyes: Facebook
Hover zoom perpetually has an image zoomed in when using facebook. Every time I press S the hovered image saves even if I dont press ctrl. This combo kind of accidentally makes me saves pictures all the time whenever I try to type