Zoom images/videos on all your favorite websites (Facebook, Amazon, etc). Simply hover your mouse over the image to enlarge it.
Hover your mouse over any image on the supported websites and the extension will automatically enlarge the image to its full size, making sure that it still fits into the browser window. This is an open source version of the original HoverZoom extension which is now overrun by malware and deleted from store. In this version all spyware has been removed, many bugs were fixed and new features were added. It doesn't collect any statistics by default. The only permission it needs is to access data on all websites (to extract full images), and *optional* permissions to access browser history, download/save images or get tab urls for per-site configuration. Sometimes sites change design and when it happens extension needs to be updated. Please report any issues with zoom not working by using Support tab or https://github.com/extesy/hoverzoom/issues page.
- (2022-12-16) Cavebat: Amazing extension that I've used for years. The only problem is it seems to have issues with Ecosia
- (2022-12-14) SyH ..: Not working on ebay.co.uk ..
- (2022-12-06) Denise Allen: For ages it worked all over the internet, but it has stopped working on eBay search returns. Devs, please take pity on all the long-sighted folks who rely on it.
- (2022-11-23) 闻璟瑜: GOOD
- (2022-10-27) Nuke McCartney: it's a great extension! but it couldn't work on facebook now. I would be grateful if you guys fix it up
- (2022-10-06) Alvin Brinson: Does not zoom on Instagram. Issue was reported years ago and devs REFUSE to fix it? You can manually get larger instagram photos, so there is no reason this should not be able to work.
- (2022-09-29) Connor: 在twitter很有用
- (2022-09-26) OMAR KADISH: Great extension, it was beneficial for me.
- (2022-09-25) George Neill: I've loved this extension for years! But, I've discovered it's messing with TikTok by preventing me from commenting or liking comments. Hopefully, someone can figure out what's happening and fix this. 😥
- (2022-09-05) Naufal F: used to work almost on all websites, now i don't think it is anymore
- (2022-08-30) Noor Aldeen: Thank you, but unfortunately it was causing me problems on some sites.. For example when I used it on Facebook for mobile m.facebook.com and when I entered the list of friend requests, it started sending friend requests unreasonably.. which made me not trust this extension.. What is the developer’s response So, I will adjust my review when this issue is resolved.
- (2022-08-29) Mazin Sherif: LOVE
- (2022-08-28) Alba Sn N: Funciona muy bien. Mientras que en Firefox no es capaz de mostrar muchas imágenes, en Chrome funciona mucho mejor. En google imágenes es capaz de mostrar todas las imágenes. Lo más positivo de esta extensión es que puedes ver las imágenes con fondo transparente si activas la opción de luz ambiental. También muestra imágenes en movimiento.
- (2022-08-24) Person Good: tiktok login bug
- (2022-08-17) The Main Man: Working really well...
- (2022-08-17) Damien MB: Not working in Google Sheets
- (2022-08-10) Arslan Aryan: Best extension i ever experianced for chrome closure.
- (2022-08-10) Satish Kumar: It a good extension, to use for images and video. Pl. make he video popup should be the screen aspect size or customizable. .
- (2022-08-02) Gareth: Doesn't work with instagram.
- (2022-07-20) Office Dex: Good Extension, Please Add image Downloader inbuild this. would be amazing .
- (2022-07-16) Brian Jackson: So far, the only gripe I have is that it on Twitch, even with adblock running, it still shows ads if you're hovering over a channel/stream. I looked through the options but didn't see anything that would help with this issue.
- (2022-07-16) George Hazard: Decent, but could be better. Activating full zoom doesn't seem to work regardless of what option I select. The image just stays as is and can't become static so that I can copy-paste it for use elsewhere.
- (2022-07-14) Tien Nguyen Tan: 14/7/2022 the best extention for hover zoom images. and imagus is the most stupid extention
- (2022-07-04) Kaleb Kenway: Extension no longer allows you to save anything.
- (2022-06-29) Nick Rosaci: It has its issues, but I prefer it over Imagus. At least I did. Last update has broken HoverZoom+, and isn't working on links anymore.
- (2022-06-28) Josenilson Carvalho: Unico que funciona
- (2022-06-22) George: I've been going back and forth between Imagus and Hover Zoom+. These are two extensions that do pretty much the same thing. But they have differences between them and after the comparison I've compiled a list of differences between the two that will hopefully help you make your decision on which one you want to keep. Here they are: Imagus PROS * Nice caption design * Image/video size in caption * Captions the links correctly - example Instagram, shows not the title of the link, but the actual post. And plays Instagram videos (Hover Zoom+ shows the link title as a caption often times instead of the post and does not play videos from Instagram) * Imagus seems to have more support for videos (even though as mentioned it would not play audio for me on Reddit videos), it plays links with clippituser.tv, Hover Zoom+ does not. CONS * Annoying red border around for videos and gifs * No timestamp on videos and gifs (Hover Zoom+ gives you this) * Cannot preview twitter (Hover Zoom+ can, kinda) * Does not play sound on all videos (Reddit for example) * No drop-shadow behind image - Probably possible using CSS, but I haven't been able to do it (I have border set to 0) * Sometimes does not handle the enlargement of image/video properly - moves it around on top of the cursor. Let's say you have selected the preview to show always on the side of the cursor. Hover Zoom+ does this better. When you have selected the preview to show on the side, it will always show on the side and will just get smaller or larger as you move your cursor (Use all available space option will be OFF on Imagus and the same way Extend zoomed images below the mouse cursor will be OFF in Hover Zoom+). Imagus seems to work with some sites but with reddit.com it does not seem to do this. Cannot preview YouTube videos - This is a huge negative. Hover Zoom+ not only plays YouTube videos, but you know those little suggestion thumbnails at the end of YouTube videos, once the video is over? Hover Zoom+ previews those as well (and shows their time). Hover Zoom+ PROS * Timestamp on videos and gifs * Nice black background (probably possible on Imagus, but need to mess with CSS) * Nice drop shadow behind image (probably possible on Imagus, but need to mess with CSS) * Previews twitter (kinda... just shows profile pictures sometimes instead of the image) * Plays sound on more videos (Reddit for example) * Previews YouTube - This is big and Imagus cannot do this. Hover Zoom+ not only previews YouTube videos, but you know when the video is over and there are other suggestions at the end? It previews those thumbnails too. Very useful. CONS * Caption design is not as good as Imagus * Cannot have 0px border around images/videos (caption would also vanish because it's embedded inside the border, rather than the way Imagus does it) * No caption on videos sometimes * Does not show Image/Video size in caption (Imagus does) * Does not preview captions properly sometimes. Example: Instagram, Imagus actually shows you the post AND plays the video from Instagram. Hover Zoom+ cannot * Imagus seems to have more support for videos (even though as mentioned it would not play audio for me on Reddit videos), it plays links with clippituser.tv, Hover Zoom+ does not. These are the differences I've noticed so far. I'm sure there are more but these applied to my use cases the most. Which one do I prefer? Hover Zoom+ because it previews YouTube.
- (2022-06-11) Prashant Negi: if an Instagram post has multiple images, it only "hover zooms" the very first image.
- (2022-06-08) 失控エロNonEro: I ve used this plug-in for a long time and it is just amazing and convenient. But I recently found something strange which is a sentence "click anywhere on the page to activate action keys" randomly shown up on the picture zoomed. I ve no idea what it is even if it's caused by the plug-in. I am just curious is there some kind of harming computer stuff or else in the plug-in?
- (2022-06-07) Irish Panda: 特别特别方便，我用它来在Pinterest浏览图片，不用再点进去就可以看到图片的大小和清晰度了，节省了很多时间，超赞！如果可以提供除了键盘外的保存图片的方式就更好了，方便单手使用鼠标来浏览和保存图片。
- (2022-05-25) Bandar A: Amazing👌
- (2022-05-23) 198 yong: 很好用 如果多支持几种视频格式就更好了，比如avi mkv ts等等
- (2022-04-27) TheManofwar300: The extension no longer works on links from reddit gifs and videos, and I go on that site a lot from my pc.
- (2022-04-17) Kokodjo: Funktioniert leider nicht mehr so gut wie früher. Bei Google fast gar nicht mehr. Facebook überhaupt nicht. Instagram nur am Anfang. Scrollt man dann weiter runter funktioniert es nicht mehr. und das selbe Problem auf vielen anderen Seiten. Schade! War so super gut früher.
- (2022-03-27) Azeem Ashfaq: please zoom on face and insta profile pic like other extension imagus
- (2022-03-14) Kokodjo: Funktioniert nicht mehr.
- (2022-03-08) Ahmed M. Wafi: a great extension i highly recommended
- (2022-03-07) David W. Levingston: I've been using this extension for years in all of my (chrome based) browsers, it has never let me down 👍
- (2022-02-17) Miguel Beltran Altamirano: Buena extension, lastima que no trabaje en telegram ni en whatsapp web
- (2022-02-13) Jordan: hotkeys only allow you to hold a key to activate/deactivate. there's no option to press or toggle.
- (2022-02-10) FlandreScarlet64: I installed it for reddit and it not work there at all.
- (2022-01-13) JS C: I think add the download image from zoomed image would be perfect
- (2022-01-10) Bo: I usually do not rate extensions, but this one is by far the best extension i have installed, previews gifs and imgur image almost everything. 5/5 stars easily!
- (2022-01-02) Мамонт Степаныч: просто не работает, откуда столько положительных отзывов?
- (2021-12-22) Засор Сифонов: Внезапно текст на некоторых сайтах (d3.ru) стал красным, начал мигать с периодичностью в одну секунду и страницы этого сайта стали грузить процессор на 25%. Путём последовательного отключения расширений был установлен виновник — Hover Zoom+ Дорогие мои, ну как же так, одно из самых полезных расширений и вдруг такой фейл?
- (2021-12-21) Gabriel's Ladder: Just a fantastic extension
- (2021-12-19) Charles Catura: Works pretty well, although lots of ads appear suddenly on Google.
- (2021-12-19) zhenjie: many website doesn't work
- (2021-12-13) Fox Moulder: Теперь не увеличивает картинки в ФБ
- (2021-12-10) ROGER: onm this perfect tho
- (2016-09-25, v:1.0.89) Роман Шульженко: ВКонтакте
Перестал работать в ВК в хроме. В яндексе работает
- (2016-09-23, v:1.0.89) Maggie Webb: Why wot this work anymore?
my hover zoom app icon is GONE. I cant get anything to zoom. Woke up a few days ago and saw that there was malicious software removed. Now my hover zoom app is gone.
- (2016-09-22, v:1.0.89) Sean Wales: Small Bug to Report
Hi - Hoverzoom+ is no longer work for links for the domain 'streamable.com' ... it was previously working great but now links from there won't load.
- (2016-09-21, v:1.0.89) Anna Cunningham: Sensitivity
Hi can you please turn down the sensitivity!? Its a pain in the ass when I'm on a blank space and a photo continues to show up. It was a lot better a couple of months ago!
- (2016-09-12, v:1.0.89) Brian Fachri: bug
unable to load image facebook
- (2016-09-01, v:1.0.89) 國嘓嘓: 圖片重複閃爍
最近圖片會一直重複顯示閃爍 連滑鼠游標移開圖片後也會一直閃爍個不停 甚至是好幾張頁面上不同的照片
- (2016-08-27, v:1.0.89) Marcus Lim: Reddit hoverzoom not working
in reddit, it used to load the full image by hovering. Now it simply shows the same sized picture as the thumbnails on reddit.
- (2016-08-26, v:1.0.89) Ronnie Bradford: Not loading when hovered over url
I am having issues with hoverzoom+ working when hovering over a url. This used to work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck
- (2016-08-25, v:1.0.89) Sven Lakemeier: Facebook
I'm unable to zoom on facebook profile pictures. Other pictures and other sites seem to work fine
- (2016-08-24, v:1.0.89) Jose Luis Reyes: Facebook
Hover zoom perpetually has an image zoomed in when using facebook. Every time I press S the hovered image saves even if I dont press ctrl. This combo kind of accidentally makes me saves pictures all the time whenever I try to type