Experience the world with every tab
Stunning images from around the world, brought directly to your new tab page. Features: - Apps list: Convenient access to all of your Chrome apps. The list fades into the background when not in use. - Custom text or clock: Include your own custom inspirational message front and center, see the current time, or keep it zen. - Runs offline: enjoy it whether you're at home or traveling. - Features gallery-quality photographs from around the world. - Highly customizable: Show or hide your list of Chrome apps, change the size of the clock, and much more! - Based on time: By default, it acts like a time zone clock, showing you photographs of locations around the world in their time zone. If you set it to use local timezone, you'll see photographs from around the world taken at the same time of day. You can help support this project by using the "Amazon.com" button in the bottom right to do your Amazon shopping. If you do, a portion of your purchase will be donated to World View Wallpaper, at no extra cost to you. Wish these stunning images could be your computer wallpaper? They can be! Get the Windows and Mac apps at http://worldviewwallpaper.com If you enjoy it, please rate and share it! Google Analytics is used to anonymously collect usage data to improve the World View Wallpaper experience. You can opt out of this at any time in the extension's settings. CHANGE LOG 1.5.0 (9/13/18) - Support for custom text messages in settings. 1.4.13 (6/11/18) - Update background color so that image change flashes aren't so disruptive. 1.4.10 (1/15/18) - Added donate button 1.4.7(8/11/17) - Added photographs for Los Angeles 1.4.6 (6/14/17) - Bugfixes 1.4.4 (6/5/17) - Add photos from Riga, Latvia - Added Amazon affiliate button 1.4.3 (5/5/17) - Add highlight images from Boston 1.4.2 (4/2/17) - Added San Fransisco and New York locations 1.4.1 (3/20/17) - fix bug with picture going white after about a minute 1.4.0 (3/15/17) - optimized code, improving performanace - added several new images - added "highlight" image mode 1.3.1 (2/1/16) - bugfix: properly register the Lakeland, FL location so that you can enjoy it! 1.3.0 (1/31/16) - add Lakeland, FL location - disabled the notification system to increase performance 1.2.12 (9/1/15) - added additional options around font thickness / clock display 1.2.11 (7/22/15) - increased the font thickness of the clock to increase visibility 1.2.8 (5/4/15) - clicking on app icon no longer opens separate tab
- (2018-06-27) Richard Andler: It brings peace to my work, the photo quality is great and the new photos are a wonderful addition.
- (2018-04-06) Flatron Flatron: How to add a new photo
- (2017-12-23) Hector Mejias: I dont know how to do. It is my first time, that iam to usePlease Google, help me. Thanks.
- (2017-12-02) Xadani México: Custom apps in Launcher
- (2016-10-02) Yvonne Wright: Supposed to be world view, but most photos were of US locastions. Not one of the UK and the same pics pop up. Got boring after a month or 2
- (2016-05-06) Isiaha Gibson: I'm impressed. There a random location with every new tab, but the clock is local so I had to get rid of it other than that it was grate.
- (2015-11-28) Timothy & Rebecka Wilson Scoggins: awesome photos..
- (2015-11-25) Mark Linn: Works Great. Hoping to see more cities soon.
- (2015-10-12) mirriam gathu: Great pictures !!!
- (2015-09-25) Sam Burns: Simple and useful with great photos. Looking forward to more cities.
- (2015-09-11) Maks: Great app
- (2015-09-02) jonn owens: what happened to the clock?
- (2015-09-02) A'vese Mayo: I really enjoy this extension.A change of scenery whenever I open my computer, it is always a beautiful scene Continue improving World View Wallpaper A'vese
- (2015-09-01) Peter J. Bury: It's too early to tell, I saw only 4 pictures so far and right now a refresh doesn't give me another picture like before!? The idea is great tough!
- (2015-08-12) eugene smith: Excellent !!!!
- (2015-08-01) Edmund Dempsey: Love this app beautiful pics from around the world I like how they change to show many different locales
- (2015-06-11) Beth Swantz: Beautiful graphics to remind me that the world is larger than my computer screen!
- (2015-05-27) Tonto Doomie: Me gusta pero no me a la hora correcta de mi localidad y me gustaría que las aplicaciones de google estén como acceso rápido, específicamente gmail.
- (2015-05-08) John Pierce: Great extension. Looks amazing and having all your extensions visible adds great functionality.
- (2015-04-16) cheryl cotter: The view of Pittsburgh is amazing. Only wish it was real time :) but he is working on that.
- (2015-04-09) D Di: I really enjoy this chrome extension. It's nice to see the photograph change with the time of the day. The locations are awesome, especially the Pittsburgh image. Photography is great and just like the whole layout. I also downloaded the Desktop version for my Mac. It replaces your default wallpaper and just like this extension it changes through the day. I have had no issues with it and highly recommend it to anyone that enjoys great photography and who is looking for something different and unique.
- (2015-03-22) Scott Martin: I'm definitely a fan of the random mode... it's cool to see Jerusalem when you open one tab, then the Caribbean the next time.
- (2015-03-22) Dean Webb: I love having the views available through the day. I don't have a window near my cube... unless I run this program, and then I always have a great view that changes through the day.
- (2015-03-21) Lisa Limeri: Looks so great!
- (2018-01-23, v:1.4.10) Not Workining
Not working not showing app it keeps bringing me back to the app store
- (2017-11-20, v:1.4.8) Maria Cristina Thomson: World view
Could you let me know how to make the extension work? The new wall paper doesn´t appear at all on my screen. Thank you!
- (2017-08-20, v:1.4.7) Philip Houseley: Clock
Can I change the Clock to a different Time Zone ? I have a VPN from the UK, but live in a different Country.
- (2015-07-26, v:1.2.10) Jessie Lu: ?
How do you turn this off? i dont want it anymore.
- (2015-04-16, v:1.2.6) cheryl cotter: ?
where did your lovely app go???