A Browser Extension for Khan Academy that adds more features to the site
A chrome extension for Khan Academy. Join our discord for project updates: https://discord.gg/Bhd9FjN Features: * Live editor settings: multiple themes, tab/spaces spacing, and auto-completion and editor toggling * Copy link button to copy a shortened project link * View and reply to comments with the popup * View unread notification number in the extension badge * Changes the amount of unread notifications from "9+" to the actual number * Expands the width of the live editor to encompass more of the screen * Adds information about a program, such as date created and whether the program has been hidden from the hotlist or been guardian approved. * Adds the amount of flags on a program to the flag button, and hovering on the button will show the flag reasons * Adds a report button to profile and project pages, which reports the program to guardians faster than flagging * Adds information like date joined, total votes received, total badges and more to profile pages * Adds the ability to remove your votes from a program after voting * Adds the ability to delete notifications * Adds a check for if a program 404 page is actually a hidden program The developers of this extension are not affiliated in any way with Khan Academy. Created by the KA Extension Contributors.
- (2019-12-04) William Wang: There are some things that need to be changed 1. The canvas size or whatever you call it - This is really annoying that the canvas is bigger. I'm not sure how big the Internet Explorer one shows without extensions, so it messes up all the alignments for webpages if you use the extension, if you don't, etc etc etc. 2. Just yesterday and today, I've been having many bugs. Here's what I have gotten: - Being logged out when I try to post - Not seeing notifications and assuming I"m bagged because of it - Not being able to go through webpages ,see posts There were many problems... and I talked to the KA Staff and they said that I need to disable the KA Extension. Note: This is KING STUDIOS, @HTMLexpert speaking
- (2019-07-07) Joe Anthony: I don't like the new console "Improvements" please fix the fill, stroke, background, draw and color auto complete to the original version. Also could you add an option to add a transparent reference image over the canvas for graphics artist. I cant find any Ubuntu program that does what I want, Also what happened to the option in settings to change the thumbnail?
- (2019-03-29) Shakil Hussain: Awesome!
- (2019-03-11) Luke Powers: This is a game changer. It adds a new level of depth to the use of khan. I am impressed. Very good job, this deserves a lot of attention. On khan my username is Mind Star.
- (2018-12-14) Logix Indie: Always wanted dark theme, thanks!
- (2018-12-10) Malachi Miller: This is so amazing you can do so much more with it LOVE it so much!
- (2018-12-09) Matthias: It does clutter some areas of the site, but adds features that make it hard to not use. For example, undoing votes on KACS programs, editing comments, changing location text, and linking to comments from the author's profile.
- (2018-12-05) Thomas Causey: I love this extension! Makes Khan Academy so much more fun to use. One suggestion though: when you delete a program, redirect the user to their projects page, instead of the main computer programming page. It makes more sense logically because if the user wanted to go to the main page, a few clicks will get him there. Whereas if he is mass-deleting old, cruddy programs, it's a chore to go through those 2-3 extra clicks for every program he deletes. (Especially if he has slow internet)
- (2018-09-28) Kephas Wallace: while it does have some very nice features some ar a a bit annoying such as how it displays the guidelines on the side when you are leaving a comment
- (2018-09-01) Really awesome, I enjoy all the features; they're really helpful (Especially the notification thing, it tells me when I have notifs even before I reload the page :D ) Also, it doesn't at all ruin the layout of KA!
- (2018-08-15) Dolphin 002: Really great extension, although the comments on only one side and other stuff on the other seems weird. I would give it 5 stars if you put the other stuff somewhere else. (On KA I'm Electric Hopper @ChrysogonusH1) (Also I'm the only one to rate it 4 stars)
- (2018-08-13) Dylan C: Really helpful add-on to KA.
- (2018-07-16) Rebecca Huang: Nice work on this extension guys! Love the different things that KA doesn't have. (I'm Crystallinum.)
- (2018-07-06) Nicholas: This is a great extension which really enhances the UI. Nice work! (I'm @BNicholas22)
- (2018-05-04) Patrick Leugers: Nice! I like being able to do these thing that should've already been included in Khan Academy!
- (2018-03-02) Noah Reid: Nice job guys! Love the ability to report programs strait to the Guardians (I am Anakin Skywalker on KA)
- (2018-01-16) Dheeraj Motupalli: Hi, I'm Starky from KA and this is awesome! My main use is to look at flags on other people's programs. Also, I have 1 suggestion, and that is whenever you click the toggle dark theme button, can you please make it so the rest of the page also turns dark? Thank you!
- (2018-01-15) Aqil Contractor: Wow you guys did an awesome job! :D
- (2017-12-02) Rory Daniel: i found this tool super useful. its fun to look at the flags on my projects (there is a lot)
- (2017-11-28) Robert Locklear: I'm Legolas Greenleaf, a KA user, and this extension is great! It allows me to do all kinds of cool stuff not normally on a Khan Academy account. Thanks, Jett and Luke, for making it!
- (2017-09-27) Starvik: This is awesome! It is cool to see hidden stuff and the notifs thing is also useful, the new update about that was annoying. It would be good if there was a disable button or something, though.
- (2017-09-21) Luke: I like
- (2017-06-15) Isaac Emerald: Very useful! I am now able too see how many votes I have received in all!
- (2017-05-17) Jett Burns: I'm Jett, one of the designers, and I find this tool very useful. I love seeing extra stats on user profiles, and knowing when projects were created. Hope you enjoy using it!
- (2019-12-04, v:4.7.1) William Wang: 4 Bugs in Last 24 Hours
There are some things that need to be changed 1. The canvas size or whatever you call it - This is really annoying that the canvas is bigger. I'm not sure how big the Internet Explorer one shows without extensions, so it messes up all the alignments for webpages if you use the extension, if you don't, etc etc etc. 2. Just yesterday and today, I've been having many bugs. Here's what I have gotten: - Being logged out when I try to post - Not seeing notifications and assuming I"m bagged because of it - Not being able to go through webpages ,see posts There were many problems... and I talked to the KA Staff and they said that I need to disable the KA Extension. Note: This is KING STUDIOS, @HTMLexpert speaking
- (2019-10-18, v:4.7.0) Zayaan Rab: IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When downloading this extension, you can't vote up on other people's program. Please fix soon!
- (2019-10-11, v:4.7.0) Zayaan Rab: Voting
It doesn't let you vote up on another user's program.
- (2019-03-22, v:4.6.1) Themes no working
For some reason, this extension is not working; I can't change themes or use (at least most of) the other features. I tried removing the extension & then adding it again, but it still doesn't work.
- (2019-03-11, v:4.6.1) Luke Powers: The extension needs some way to create files.
I have been using the extension for quite some time and I think there should be a way to save your program as a file to your computer, heres why. So one day I was khan academy to code offline on my game Fire.io and we were on a road trip. I decided to save the file on my computer using a word editor called caret. But then the file for whatever reason broke and my computer died. I lost over 1000 lines of code and I spent a week recovering from it. Now I would like some way to save a file on my computer offline within the extension. Please consider! :) (PS I love this extension so keep up the great work!)
- (2019-02-22, v:4.6.0) Manishita: Documents don't work
When I try creating a new document, on Art History basics (https://www.khanacademy.org/art-history-basics/new/document), it doesn't work. When I removed the Khan Academy Extension, it worked again. Please fix this, because I do like the Khan Academy Extension, but I still want to create documents.
- (2019-01-29, v:4.5.0) Logix Indie: No longer working
I think KA just got updated and this extension no longer works.
- (2018-12-05, v:4.3.1) Thomas Causey: Deleting old programs
When you delete a program, redirect the user to their projects page, instead of the main computer programming page. It makes more sense logically because if the user wanted to go to the main page, a few clicks will get him there. Whereas if he is mass-deleting old, cruddy programs, it's a chore to go through those 2-3 extra clicks for every program he deletes. (Especially if he has slow internet)
- (2018-10-31, v:4.1.0) Shakil Hussain: Notifications
Hey Devs! I found a bug in the new update, in the extension button on the tab, the notifs don't scroll down after a certain point. Thanks
- (2018-09-10, v:3.1.0) Asher Lego Films: It stopped working
today I went to work on my program, and even though the extension is installed, it stopped working. at least one other KA user told me he had the same problem... please try to fix it soon, thanks!
- (2018-05-04, v:3.1.0) Patrick Leugers: Easy notification reading
Could you make it possible to read notifications with the extension button? That'd make life easier to people who don't want to reload the page every time they get new notifications.