Productivity tools for Amazon.com's website mturk.com (Mechanical Turk). Adds a menu with various tools for workers.
For the website mturk.com, Amazon.com's Mechanical Turk workplace. A set of tools to improve Worker productivity. Adds a Tools button and Tools Menu. The tools edit parts of the user interface of the site, such as modifying the display of the job window. Other tools include a "Return and Accept" button, placing the cursor in the CAPTCHA text box. ✫ Full-screen mode to help maximize productivity on tasks. ✫ Customize full-screen settings including task window height, width, and vertical offset. ✫ Setting to always check the checkbox for "Automatically accept the next HIT". ✫ "Open and accept" button to quickly open up to 25 tabs (New Feature!) ✫ Button to turn off "Automatically accept the next HIT" checkboxes in all open tabs and windows. ✫ CAPTCHA-simplification features including: 1) Place the cursor in CAPTCHA box when a CAPTCHA appears; 2) Clears wrong answer from the CAPTCHA text box if CAPTCHA is incorrectly entered; 3) Show an alert notification on all job windows when any job window loads a CAPTCHA; 4) Play an alert notification sound when a CAPTCHA is first encountered; 5) Seven bell notifications to select from, or select Random. ✫ "Return and Accept" button to return a current job and accept another job in the group. The extension's source code is on github.com: https://github.com/their/amt. Notes: There are no guarantees made regarding the safety of using this extension on Amazon's Mechanical Turk website. The extension's author is not responsible for any risks associated with the use of this extension. Version History: 1.1.9 -- Put CAPTCHA settings into advanced menu and add Enable/Disable all CAPTCHA settings button. 1.1.8 -- Modify css of top menu. 1.1.7 -- Modify show menu button to better fit page. 1.1.6 -- Make tools menu not hide top part of the page. 1.1.4 -- Update extension to work on the new AMT website, plus add new features. Add "Open and Accept" slider. Add "Full Screen Mode" to simplify iframe settings. 1.1.3 -- CSS zIndex of iframe needs to be adjusted. The iframe is showing beneath some elements on the parent window. 1.1.2 -- Move iframe to offset when in "continue" mode but URL is "/preview". Ensures to not move to offset when actually in "preview" mode. 1.1.1 -- Update styles. Add support for workersandbox.mturk.com. 1.1.0 -- Fix to match changed "return task" elements at mturk.com. 1.0.9 -- In Firefox 34 calls to localStorage.hasOwnProperty() causes the script to exit prematurely. This is now fixed. Fix to a TypeError in Chrome. 1.0.8 -- Fixed small bug, audio did not play in one case. 1.0.7 -- Removed base64 audio snippets. Removed adding audio snippets from Pastebin. Placed the audio .ogg files within the extension. 1.0.5 -- Added button 'Disable "Automatically accept the next HIT" in all tabs and windows'. Added click to the dimmer closes the menu. Added pressing "Enter" key while cursor is in any of the two input text fields, saves the settings and closes the menu. Enabled extension in Private Browsing mode. Enabled compatibility for Firefox for Android. Removed an unnecessary setInterval, replaced with addEventListener. Some other small layout changes added. 1.0.4 -- Layout edits. Default settings for new users/incognito users reset to none. Add Enable All/Disable All buttons. Add a button to reset iframe's offset top. 1.0.3 -- Note: A change in this version makes it necessary to re-enable "Allow in incognito". Add http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=14R5zCYR to include_globs. Turn on some settings by default for Incognito use and/or a first-time user (Height/Width, CAPTCHA focus, CAPTCHA audio/visual alert). Small layout changes (select field focus fix). Plays an audio alert in same tab 50 seconds after last audio alert (new), in a new tab 30 seconds after last audio alert (old), replay audio alert in same tab after 60 seconds (new). Remove "key" from manifest requires user to click check box for "Allow in Incognito".
- (2018-03-20) Now updated to work with new mTurk release; however, included tools are a very basic, and are a common component in other extensions that not only offer more, but boost productivity as well (such as mTurk Suite - MTS).
- (2016-07-27) Maria Cervetti Slifer: doesn't work
- (2016-05-15) eydie saunders: very helpful
- (2016-01-10) Jun Pritsker: Plugin doesn't actually do anything
- (2015-10-28) jeniejackson73: not working
- (2014-11-06) Michael Rebar: As indicated in many recent comments, the extension no longer works. The menu icon doesn't even show. I can't use it.
- (2014-02-16) Scott Torres: I loved this extension in previous generations. It hasn't worked in a couple of months now.
- (2013-11-28) John Inba Raj: Its not working my browser...
- (2013-11-27) mohasin tm: the tool was not working on my browser
- (2013-11-03) I I: not working
- (2017-10-10, v:1.1.3) captcha
how to find captcha tool box
- (2016-10-26, v:1.1.3) sankar gr: tool button does not show
I am not getting my extension tool in extension bar
- (2016-08-04, v:1.1.3) Danielle May: Tools Button does not show
As it says in the subject line I have installed and there is no Tools button at the top of the page.
- (2016-02-07, v:1.1.2) Mary: Not working
Just as everyone else has described. I loved it
- (2015-11-16, v:1.1.2) El D.A.: Don't see it...
I added this to Chrome, but it doesn't show in my mturk account.
- (2015-09-21, v:1.1.2) Brian Gibson: Non working app
I just installed so I went to mturk to try it out. I saw the tools box on top. So I refreshed page because it didn't look like the whole icon was there. After refresh it disappeared and now nothing from the app shows.
- (2015-06-08, v:1.1.0) dominic wilcox: not working
It just stopped working for me. I do not see the tools icon anymore. I have un installed it and reinstalled it and it still does not work.
- (2014-01-07, v:1.0.4) Nirmal Bharathy: Not Working
I installed this application. but it not works in my browser
- (2013-11-28, v:1.0.4) John Inba Raj: Not working
Its Not working on my browser