Simply share CSS colors from text selections, images or websites using Colorpeek.
Colorpeek is a tiny web app for quickly seeing and sharing CSS colors. The extension can parse colors from three different sources: 1. Text selections (hex values you received in an email, for example) 2. Prominent colors in an image 3. CSS colors used on a webpage Great for designers, developers, or anyone tired of spelunking through web inspectors, opening up Photoshop or hunting and pecking with an eyedropper just to grab color values. Additional features: - Customize the output of webpage palettes (hide/show black, white, grays or semi-transparent colors) - Change the amount of colors returned for images - Use from the toolbar or right-click menu Follow https://twitter.com/colorpeek for info and updates Try the web app at http://colorpeek.com
- (2016-12-02) Alfredo FP: Very interesting features.
- (2016-04-12) What a fantastic extension. How come I didn't know about this earlier? I'm a web developer and I can't tell you how many times I've looked through code to find a particular hex color. This is absolutely an amazing timesaver.
- (2015-07-11) Bryan Willis: Pretty solid. Would be cool to have a few more features. Like a selector tool to be able to see which color comes from what elements. For example, when a website shows 20 different blues, it's not especially helpful when you're just trying to figure out which one is the primary blue being used.
- (2015-01-02) Great great great! watch the video to understand this simple yet powerful extension KIU !
- (2014-07-13) Tracy Trathen: Brilliant tool. Definitely adding to my "favorite" arsenal of web design/development tools!
- (2013-12-17) Bruno Gomes: I think the idea is create, but its not working on my chrome.
- (2013-12-06) То, что надо! Спасибо!
- (2013-12-06) Fizer Khan: Simple and Good.
- (2013-12-05) faddah: amazingly, deceptively simple yet powerfully useful color design tool for any web designer/developer. a must have!
- (2013-12-04) Michael Karric: So simple, so beautiful, so useful.
- (2013-12-04) Tobias Sailer: It's really cool !! Simple and of great walue! I already used it a lot just on the first day. Thanks!
- (2013-12-03) Shad Itschner: Brilliant idea!
- (2013-12-03) javier ruiz: Thx man! This is a great idea and make monotone things a little more fun!
- (2013-12-03) Andrea Martini: Grandiosa!
- (2013-12-03) Melinda Porter: Just learned about this and have been trying it out. Love how you can change between HEX, RGB, and HSL. This will definitely be used a lot!
- (2013-12-03) Miguel Laranjeira: Excellent idea and perfectly executed. Will make sharing colour and colour schema ideas a breeze. This will go a long way to helping designers
- (2013-12-02) Hal Carleton: Almost perfect. This combines features that I used to have spread between three different extensions/apps and added some new features I hadn't even thought of. It is very intuitive and has beautiful interface. Colorpeek is an all around excellent tool that will fit wonderfully into any designers workflow. The only thing missing is the ability to get specific colors from a website or image. So I now have an extension for that one feature and Colorpeek for everything else. The lack of this one feature wasn't enough to reduce my rating, considering how much new value Colorpeek has added to my toolbox.
- (2018-07-03, v:1.0.0) Ben Rose: Copy by click
Please add the ability to just click on a color to copy it.