Simple Screen Snip! Click and drag to take a snapshot of the screen.
SSSnip! It is the Simple Screen Snip! This extension has one main function and it does it very well: take screen shots of a selected area on a webpage. Most extensions incorporate too much cluttering functionality, but this one stays simple and extremely useful. ** UPDATES ** ************* V 0.2.2 - 03/03/14 - UI changes to make screen selection easier - Other changes to the interface V 0.2.1 - 02/25/14 - Minor bug fixes V 0.2.0 - 02/25/14 - New user interface - Preview of image is shown before saving ** UPCOMING FEATURES ** ************************ - Side panel of recent snips - GIF recorder ** INSTRUCTIONS ** ****************** - Click scissor icon in the extension bar to begin a screen snip. - Click and drag on the webpage to select the area you would like snip. - Enter name of the snip or leave as the default. - To cancel the snip either press ESC, click the 'X', or click outside of the preview panel. This extension is still in early beta development. If you observe any bugs or have any feature requests please send them!
- (2021-03-26) john brindise: It sucks. Unreliable, wonky time waster...
- (2020-07-21) MONIKA L: WoooooooRST......NOT working At aLL
- (2020-01-01) Florian Weber: easy
- (2018-08-04) chris exall: Hopeless, doesn t work
- (2018-07-02) PRT - Pet Rescue Team: Not user friendly, difficult to use
- (2018-05-22) Tia: Not taking a screenshot. Preview shows blank screen only. Uninstalling from Chrome.
- (2017-01-21) Apollonia Helm: Could not get it to save the whole area of the capture.
- (2016-12-04) crow: Only a small corner of the area I select for my screenshot ever actually saves? I do like the way that the screenshot guidelines work, and this app would probably be very useful if it saved the whole selected area.
- (2016-06-13) Ayy Lmao: Super unreliable and a lot of the time just wont do anything when you click on it.
- (2016-02-12) Abe Z: Very simple to use. Great for quick snips.
- (2016-01-29) devin wg: Awesome for taking notes for online classes. Would not know what to do without it, get it, you won't regret it!
- (2014-10-06) Ankitha Lakshmi: the one which i need :) loved it
- (2020-04-17, v:0.2.2) Janet Prundl: stopped working
When you click on the extension nothing happens. Tried to uninstall and reinstall and couldn't do that either. It's like it's frozen.
- (2020-02-08, v:0.2.2) STEPHANIE WILSON: my snip.
it stopped working. i keep getting ''errors''
- (2019-06-11, v:0.2.2) elizabeth j: cropped pictures
50% or more of the pictures that I frame with your tool are cropped off...usually the bottom half...
- (2019-06-10, v:0.2.2) Vanessa Ciavarri: Cropping image
As a teacher, I like to crop images from work sheets that I have scanned to my email. Although it appears as if I am able to crop my entire image with the ssssnip tool, it cuts off roughly the right 25% of my paper. Any images past the mid-line to the right only show half the image. Is this a change in settings?
- (2018-02-17, v:0.2.2) Chris K: Cropped image is faaaaaaaar bigger than the original crop????
Cropped image is faaaaaaaar bigger than the original crop???? Should be exactly 100% surely?
- (2016-09-16, v:0.2.2) Cropping
After making my selection, the image pops up for me to save or retry but it is greatly cropped. What is the fix for this problem?
- (2015-01-30, v:0.2.2) Dan Seminara: Screenshotting menus
When trying to take a screenshot of certain menu items (e.g. Google Docs), the act of clicking to take the screenshot de-focuses the menu and a screenshot is instead taken of whatever was behind the menu.