Neutralizes annoying parts of the Medium reading experience and lets you read again.
Medium is pretty annoying to read when you're not logged in. This extension quietly fixes that on any Medium publication you visit. It makes your reading experience more bearable by: * Keeping the top navigation bar from sticking around * Hiding the bottom "Get Updates" bar completely * Shrinking massive header images * Hiding "posts meter" bar and Upgrade header button * Hiding "Open in App" button on mobile * Blocking the "pardon the interruption" popup * (Optionally) hiding the clap / share bar * (Optionally) loading all post images up front, instead of lazy loading as you scroll * (Optionally) disabling the popup menu that appears when selecting text This extension is open source software! Want to contribute? Feel free: https://github.com/thebaer/MMRA **A note about permissions**: this extension currently needs access on all sites, as certain Medium publications exist on custom domains. You can verify there isn't anything funny going on by looking at the code, and submit a patch if you'd like to improve this! UPDATES v1.5.2 * Fix "Disable Highlight Menu" option v1.5.1 * Remove unneeded 'browser_action' value (affects Firefox users) v1.5 * Block "Pardon the interruption" popup * Hide DNT message v1.4 * Option to disable the popup menu that appears when selecting text * Hide "posts meter" bar and Upgrade header button * Hide "Open in App" button on mobile v1.3.1 * Fix Medium detection bug v1.3 * Automatically shrink massive header images v1.2 * Fix extension not applying after navigating to a post from a publication * Add option to disable loading dynamic / lazy image loading
- (2020-01-15) Mahine Mahine: it does not work
- (2019-12-22) Nikita Galkin: Does not work
- (2019-12-14) Andreas Langenhagen: doesn't work at all.
- (2019-11-24) Tim Uckun: Doesn't work anymore probably due to medium making changes. Hasn't been updated in more than a year so until it's updated it's a waste to install this.
- (2019-11-19) Luka Dornhecker: Doesn't work.
- (2019-11-14) Martin Schimmel: Does not work (anymore) (annoying popup still popping up).
- (2019-11-07) Qiliang Ou: it doesn't work
- (2019-11-06) Logan Stuart: Stopped working
- (2019-11-06) 蔡和洋: not working at all
- (2019-10-11) Abdul Khan: Doesn't work anymore.
- (2019-10-06) João Valente: Do not work...
- (2019-09-04) Romio Joseph: It worked when I installed earlier. But now I don't think it works. Medium is asking me to upgrade
- (2019-08-28) Stefan Goldener: doesn't work at all
- (2019-08-27) Nithin M: Not working anymore
- (2019-08-22) Camilo Oliveira: Very useful, but that giant top bar is sticky again and the extension is not hiding it anymore :(
- (2019-08-02) John Frian: Wow. Medium.com has the most obnoxious popups I've seen on the internet. If I were a webmaster there I would be afraid to show myself in public. The fact that this plugin exists AND that it is widely regarded as a life saver says it all. Too bad people keep putting content on medium.com and that medium.com keeps pretending everything is fine. Thank you for this plugin.
- (2019-07-13) Neo: Does not work. The top bar still does not hide.
- (2019-07-10) Mukesh Sai Kumar: Was working well, now the top bar at hackernoon is showing. :(
- (2019-06-23) Yurii Yakymovych: Here we goes 🤘
- (2019-05-23) Aniket Jain: how to use it man, I am not able to operate it, do I have to log in, I don't think so.
- (2019-05-21) Trav is: Perfect
- (2019-03-13) Lukasz Wiklendt: Reading a Medium website is like getting waterboarded by banners. This extension removes both the water and the cloth, allowing you to breathe again.
- (2019-02-12) Mike Stevenson: Oh. My. God. I never write reviews for extensions but this changed my life. I hate all of the things that Medium does that this extension fixes. THANK YOU!
- (2019-01-14) It is awesome. Moreover, it is open source.
- (2018-12-29) Akshay: Amazing! I just hope that this extension is not that heavy for Chrome load times. Good work! Keep up.
- (2019-08-30, v:1.5.2) Neil McCallum: No longer working?
Hi, this extension no longer seems to be working. Will it be getting fixed?
- (2019-08-12, v:1.5.2) Anton Berezin: This extension does not seem to be doing much, if anything at all.
Chrome 76.0.3809.100 on Mac.
- (2019-08-12, v:1.5.2) Ty Schnettler: Chrome extension does not work on my PC ?
"ou’ve reached the end of your free member preview for this month. Become a member now for $5/month to read this story " .... Still shows on medium using Chrome
- (2019-07-28, v:1.5.2) Julia Dixon: mediumship extension
cannot download/add this extension to my chromebook browser
- (2019-06-20, v:1.5.2) Günther Bosch: Header Pic still massive ...
Hi, the header pic is still massive using Version 75.0.3770.100. What is wrong? Regards Günther
- (2018-06-08, v:1.5.0) Adam Flitney: Hide Member Only Content
Is there any way you can add an option to hide the member only posts? It feels like my feed is about 90% member only posts these days and it is difficult to get to ones I can actually read.
- (2018-04-19, v:1.4.0) Scott Adie: Hide the signup modal
Hi, could you also hide the signup modal? It appears automatically when viewing an article after viewing many articles saying "You’ve read 11 stories this month. Let’s make things official." Thanks.
- (2018-03-08, v:1.3) Rohit Shinde: Permissions
Thanks for this. I would like to install but, could you please limit its permissions to medium.com domain only?
- (2018-01-09, v:1.3) adjusting the content_scripts matches pattern
Since this extension only applies to Medium sites, you could probably restrict the content_scripts.matches pattern. I'm not completely sure what the right pattern would be, but perhaps something like this would work: https://*.medium.com/*