Improves the University of Auckland lecture recording playback interface.
Replaces the default Flash Player for lecture recordings with HTML5 video and adds extra controls for playback speed and playback quality. Features: *Playlist for lecture recordings of the same course *Controls for playback speed and quality *Insert bookmarks in lecture recordings *Download recordings with 1 click *Automatically skips copyright notice at the start of the recording *Enables better browser compatibility for recordings - Flash Player no longer required *Adds hotkeys for video control: -Space plays/pauses the video -'F' toggles fullscreen mode -Left and Right arrow keys skips 10 seconds back/forward -',' and '.' decreases/increases video speed Changelog: v0.2.0.1: -Bugfixes v0.2.0.0: -Added playlist functionality v0.1.2.1: -Fixed parsing of some URL formats v0.1.2.0: -Added bookmarks feature -Added download button v0.1.1.2: -Fixed compatibility with new Canvas player v0.1.1.1: -Bugfixes v0.1.1.0: -Added logging for watched videos v0.1.0.1: -Fixed layout issues when used with Cecil Lecture Downloader v0.1.0.0: -New video player interface -Selected volume is now saved across sessions v0.0.1.1: -Bugfixes v0.0.1.0: -Added hotkeys -Selected video quality is now saved across sessions v0.0.0.1: -Initial release GitHub: https://github.com/ChineseElectricPanda/canvas-video-enhancer
- (2020-08-22) Jason: Doesn't work as of August 2020.
- (2020-03-06) Sharif Abdelwahed: Works to increase video speed with videos on Canvas while using Brave browser.
- (2018-06-19) Steven Barker: This changed my life
- (2018-06-09) Issam Halabi: Doesnt work
- (2018-05-10) Adam Leonard: This did not work for me
- (2017-08-27) Arion Hudson: Thank you so much! Please consider advertising this on campus somewhere! I had no idea this existed until recently.
- (2017-07-20) Yeh Haá: ¡NO FUNCIONA...!
- (2017-06-26) Jack Zhang: Thanks very much. You are a hero!
- (2017-03-22) will: Thanks great extension thanks for updating it!
- (2017-03-09) Julian Kasner: For some reason the new canvas format has ruined the app, cant load any videos hopefully this can be patched soon!
- (2017-03-08) Alex Sye: Worked flawless last year however recently it has started not working at all. A second video box gets loaded on top of it and none of the buttons work. Video plays fine when I disable the extension. Version 56.0.2924.87
- (2017-01-26) KungFuMister: Can you make this open source? Github it! We wanna contribute.
- (2016-11-06) Dee Bee: Brilliant
- (2016-10-30) Tracey W: amazing
- (2016-10-29) Milan: VEryy good 69/69. Maybe add a way to reset playback speed to 1.0x after scrolling through at 2x
- (2016-10-16) sabflik: Thank you Electric Panda :D :D :D
- (2016-08-31) Dennis Kwon: i n s a n e
- (2016-04-20) Olia Wan: Video and audio not in sync anymore as I use?
- (2016-04-19) Carlton Lui: Good stuff would recommend to all. After using this extension my grades have sky rocketed to beyond an A+ to a super A+ this is all because our friendly neighborhood Chinese electric panda. May god bless his soul.
- (2016-04-12) Ryan Caskey: You da real MVP
- (2016-04-11) Julian Iosia: Couldn't have been released at a better time, cheers to maker
- (2016-04-11) Ella McNeill: Love this! Really recommend, so easy to use
- (2016-04-08) Adam G: Awesome tool
- (2016-04-08) Ben Mitchell: best canvas app 8/8
- (2020-11-30, v:0.2.0.1) David Thibaud: No longer working
Hi! First and foremost thank you for this awesome extension!! It is life saving and easy to use. Much much appreciated, thank you! Unfortunately, For videos released by the university after August 2020, the extension no longer loads, and instead the plain old university launcher loads instead. For videos released by the university before August 2020, the extension still loads and works perfectly. It would be basically, literally, life changing if you could make this work! Many Thanks!
- (2020-03-19, v:0.2.0.1) John Allos: Not working at the moment
Used to work now all of a sudden it doesnt work and its like im watching it as if i havent downloaded it
- (2019-01-21, v:0.2.0.1) vIq toDSaH.: error report
Uncaught ReferenceError: hoverLeave is not defined at HTMLTableElement.onmouseleave (201901141000.LT347592.REV1.preview:1) can not use it anymore
- (2018-07-16, v:0.2.0.1) Audio
Hi, I downloaded a video but the audio doesn't work on the downloaded version.
- (2017-07-06, v:0.2.0.1) pinata bloom: Other websites
Hi, sure you must have got this request,I'm using it for uni work but need it on other sites, namely a program about the War On Waste http://iview.abc.net.au/programs/war-on-waste/DO1624H003S00 Wondering if it's easy to convert it for other sites too? Cheers
- (2017-02-19, v:0.1.1.1) Not working
Hi Team, First and foremost thank you for this awesome extension!! It is life saving and easy to use. Much much appreciated, thank you! Unfortunately, I seem to be no longer able to play videos when using the extension, possible because Canvas has changed video player format. When I turn off the extension I can watch the videos. Just thought I should let someone know. Cheers and thanks again.
- (2017-01-30, v:0.1.1.1) Henry Tran: Does it work with Adobe Connect ?
Hello, Is it possible to modify this extension to enhance lectures recorded with Adobe Connect? My university uses this, and there is no way that I know of to increase the speed, because it uses flash. How does Canvas Video Enhancer replace the flash with html5 ? rgds
- (2016-06-11, v:0.0.1.1) How to use it
Ok - I downloaded the App, now how do I use it? I have stored videos in MP4 format and want to enhance them and save them.
- (2016-06-09, v:0.0.1.1) Jasleen Kaur: Not working
Hey, the canvas video enhance is not working, it was working fine yesterday but is not working right now. The videos are coming in normal format.
- (2016-06-08, v:0.0.1.0) Alex Nelson: Stopped working?
Hey there, Slight problem with the Canvas Video Enhancer, for some reason it's just suddenly stopped working and I'm now seeing videos in the way they're normally uploaded. It's weird though as it was working perfectly fine just before. Would be grand if you could get this fixed ASAP! Otherwise, thanks so much - this app is sooo helpful!
- (2016-05-01, v:0.0.0.1) Harshil Shah: not working for me
im going onto canvas recording and not getting any options to speed up or anything
- (2016-04-25, v:0.0.0.1) Nick Reed: Some suggestions
1. Save settings between uses, or have a way of setting default settings (i.e. Playback speed and quality.). It defaults to low, but I always want high. Playback speed isn't too much of a big deal. 2. Manual audio shift to fix sync issues. 3. Spacebar/video click to pause. 4. Press left and right on the keyboard to skip 10 seconds back or forward through the lecture. Sorry I had to post this all in one paragraph because it wasn't showing everything. Great extension!