Allows stereo audio panning of a tab's audio. Works for as many tabs as you have memory for.
This extension adds a simple stereo audio panning slider on a per tab basis. I couldn't find an existing free extension that works for multiple tabs at once so I whipped this up in a few short moments for my own use. If you can make use of it as well then by all means go for it! Source Code: https://github.com/1215drew/AudioPan === Version 1.2 update === Fixed a mistake that only allowed 80% audio panning. Now you can pan 100% Credit to davidschlachter https://github.com/1215drew/AudioPan/pull/1
- (2020-04-12) Kevin Is Nice: its perfect for headphones that only have one side playing audio!
- (2019-12-07) Ivan Pop-Jovanov: To whoever made this, you are a true hero!
- (2019-12-01) This app is ingenious for the following reason. Panning in either direction creates a "mixdown" of both audio channels, so, if you pan fully to one side, you will still hear all the audio from the other side of the stereo field, it's just that you will hear both channels in the one ear. This is of course, not natural to how panning functions in the real world, but for the purposes of internet web surfing, is at often times the exact way in which one would like the panning to function. My only suggestion would be to allow a toggle between mixdown panning and true panning, this could be a check box in the user interface, for example. The true panning would do nothing more than gradually silence the channel that is panned away from, not mix it into the other channel. As sometimes there is a need for this type of panning also.
- (2019-11-25) Mace Moneta: Great, except the change isn't persistent; it has to be set for every video.
- (2019-05-27) David Curry: A super useful extension, although if you could use it to mute the tab as well, that would be great as it conflicts with the Mute Tab extension.
- (2019-05-17) Osvaldo Soza: Works perfectly, thanks!
- (2019-05-16) Cassio de Borba Lucas: exactly what i was looking for and the first extension i tried couldn't do
- (2019-05-04) george hinomoto: こういう機能のプラグインを探してました。 開発者に感謝します。
- (2019-01-22) Matt Burnham: Works well except it doesn't work with other extension for making audio louder. Would be great if it had boost ability or compatibility.
- (2018-10-04) Mikus Lorencs: Been waiting for an extension like this for a while so I can watch two twitch streams simultaneously. Does what it says it does.
- (2018-04-01) S. Adrian M.: Works fine with Chrome v.65 but sometimes the sound get muted all together.
- (2018-03-28) rap lopez: It does not work, perhaps you need to disable the source volume .