Disable all desktop notifications with one click.
This extension adds a button to Chrome that turns off desktop notifications for all web pages. When the button is clicked again, the original notification settings are restored.
- (2019-12-29) Jordan Harris: Doesn't work for me at all. Installed, enabled, notifications still coming through.
- (2019-11-26) swampfIower: it works :) thanks
- (2018-10-31) Mark Moriarty: Stops web.WhatsApp.com notifications popping up. Sound still plays, but the visual pop-up in the corner of the screen doesn't happen. Working on Chrome on Mac. Nice one.
- (2018-08-20) Steven Chen: Clean & does the job right.
- (2018-05-23) Val Ellis: doesn't work XD
- (2018-05-08) Andrea Luján Gomez: En realidad deberían anular absolutamente las notificaciones de escritorio. Son nefastas, funcionan horrible, son enloquecedoras e interrumpen de mala manera la navegación. No notifican lo que uno desea que se notifique, aparecen de la nada como si fuera la gran cosa y lo que más insensibiliza a uno es que sean casi siempre cosas intrascendentes.
- (2018-04-27) Rajat R: Pretty much what I needed. I just wish it would allow me assign a hotkey for the notification toggle.
- (2017-11-21) Ola Johansson: Great! Would love a feature that automatically turns it on again in say X number of hours!
- (2017-09-17) Alexey Shiklomanov: An absolute essential. Why this isn't available by default in Chrome is beyond me.
- (2017-05-05) Anton Fisher: Must have it for meetings and presentations. Thank you!
- (2016-09-21) Arman Cohan: Exactly what I wanted. Desktop notifications by web applications and other extensions create too much distraction. This extension mutes all whenever you want.
- (2016-09-07) David Rogožan: Critical feature which has been (beyond anyone's comprehension) removed from Chrome. Unfortunately, unlike original Chrome's feature, this extension can mute web site notifications only. But that's most likely limitation of the Chrome extension system.
- (2016-05-09) Kian Kashani: Exactly what I wanted after Chrome removed the bell icon that let you mute notifications. Thanks! FYI only works with website notifications, but not Chrome extensions/apps. It would be a great update in the future if it did.
- (2019-10-29, v:0.3) commentator: Idea for feature
Hi. Love your extension. I just found myself talking to my GF about the way I use it, when I suddenly realized that I could suggest a feature to you... I always use your extension to mute notifications when I full-screen a video (because that's when they look ugly and distracting on the screen), and then when I take full-screen off, I unmute notifications. So, I just wondered if you might consider adding an option which allows users to auto-mute on full-screen only. I hope this is of some interest to you. Thanks in any case for having written such a useful extension. Best wishes, Robert Baylis [email protected]
- (2018-05-23, v:0.3) Virgilio Urbiztondo: Mute Notifications
Is there any other way to stop popup notifications on websites using Chrome? The "Staying Alive" extension is very complicated to set up for someone who is not a software designer e.g. rules, loop, header, background requests, etc. What are these things? Is there a tutorial for this?
- (2018-04-04, v:0.3) Maria S: not working
I am still getting Google Calendar notifications and notifications from Notifier for Gmail. :-(
- (2018-03-23, v:0.3) Diane Kennedy: Backlog upon resume
Eddie B. brought this up, and it's a great idea. When you resume notifications, there should be a way to see the ones you missed while you were muted.
- (2018-03-23, v:0.3) Diane Kennedy: Add a timer
I'd like to be able to mute for a few hours of deep work and have notifications come back on automatically.
- (2018-03-16, v:0.3) Eddie: Backlog upon resume
When you resume notifications, is it possible to or does it show the notifications that came but weren't displayed? In other words, does it pause notifications (and shows them later) or does it disable them (and you miss notifications)?
- (2016-06-30, v:0.3) Holger Ahrens: Muting HangOut sounds as well
Nice extension for presentations and webinars. Is it possible to mute HangOut sounds as well?
- (2016-05-09, v:0.3) Kian Kashani: Mute all notifications
Hey there, Thank you for making this extension. It's very useful. Is it at all possible in a future update disable notifications all together, even from other extensions. Also a mute timer would be awesome. Nevertheless, love this little tool. Thanks!
- (2016-03-15, v:0.2) Ian Rugg: Did not work with Signal Messenger.
Signal is actually a chrome app. So their notifications may not be blockable. Great idea though!