Use native tab discard method to automatically reduce memory usage of inactive tabs
- (2020-01-02) Atish Patel: This really helps my computer not be super slow. Highly recommend.
- (2019-12-20) arley salazar: Buenisima la extensión
- (2019-12-18) l m: Stopped working after Chrome 79 update
- (2019-12-13) Axel Gabriel Anaya Apolinario: muy buena extencion sigan asi...
- (2019-11-30) Nam Phương: Great Job !!
- (2019-11-21) aditya aggarwal: better than the great suspender. Can maintain your favicons whereas greatsuspender will remove the favicons and thereby links in onenote will be without favicons
- (2019-10-10) maw mora: This is the best one I've tried so far. Works great on my netbook with limited memory. I would have given it 5 stars but I cannot disable the auto discarding. I like to discard tabs manually. I've already set it to "Discard after 0 seconds". I even went to Chrome settings and disabled its built in discard feature. I use Manjaro Linux by the way so maybe there's a bug in my version.
- (2019-08-16) Igor Dovgaliuk: Changes in the Options are not saved. Looks like the issue arose after Chrome updates
- (2019-08-11) Evan Trace: By far the best tab discarding extension, and because of it's importance to my workflow with many tabs open, one of the best overall extensions overall I rely on out of the dozens of discarding extensions & hundreds of extensions in general I've installed over the years. Make sure to optimize the options to your liking. The greying-out of a sites favicon when a tab is discarded is particularly optimal compared to competing/similar extensions that usually display their own logo instead. Thank you so much!
- (2019-07-25) Chris Vydas: Options page completely locks up my browser and has to be killed when trying to change the discard time. This could very well be a good extension but I couldn't get it to work out of the box.
- (2019-06-26) Lee Schwartz: I use it to totally stop discarding and reloading, but it still reloads sometimes. I have every discarding condition checked to not occur. I have "discard inactive tabs after" set to zero seconds. Given all of that, about 25% of the time tabs reload, but I wish that did not happen at all. This is a big improvement, but I wish it would work better. Review rating will change if this problem is solved.
- (2019-04-30) Игорь Кандиболоцкий: по-моему эффективно
- (2019-03-07) Tony M: Way better than Great Suspender. Actually removes the tab completely from memory. Memory usage is 75% better than Great Suspender for lots of tabs (30+)
- (2018-12-27) Bryan McKnight: Having a slow, 7-year-old laptop with 8GB RAM and a penchant for over-heating this extension makes life SO much easier. There are a few extensions like this on the Chrome store, and they all no doubt work great, but the other two I saw were updated over a year ago. This one was updated a few *days* ago, and not only that, has a beautifully aesthetic design, is lightweight and is free. I take my hat off and give an indescribable amount of gratitude to the developer for his/her efforts. Thank you. Seriously. Highly recommended! :D
- (2018-09-23) John L. Reed: Thank you!!!
- (2018-09-09) Ser Qualquer: Great extension.
- (2018-08-29) Isaac Clarke: Quick, simply, easy and smart !! Great Job !!
- (2018-07-12) Freddie Meyer: Works perfectly and very fast. Just wish you could sleep/unsleep tabs using keyboard shortcuts
- (2018-05-15) Anthovince Kong: 1st time use, Look great.
- (2018-05-01) Cold Void: It only lacks keyboard shortcut (like CTRL+S)
- (2018-04-16) Prashant kulkarni: it is the best auto discard extension with many option and regular updates
- (2018-03-14) Fredrik Motin: Open source (great GitHub site), has a Firefox version so that the same extension can be used in both browsers, sensible settings.