A better OneTab
This a better onetab extension Storing and grouping tabs are very useful. Onetab could help you to store the tabs you opened so that to free up your resources and remove clutter. But Onetab still lacks some features such as the simple list and just store selected tabs. Since One tab it's not open source and because they update very rarely I decided to make a "Better" Onetab extension. ★ Basic If you used OneTab in the past, you can use Better Onetab like before. Expect store all tabs from a window, you can also just store the tabs you selected. Better Onetab still provide the ability to store all tabs, store left or right tabs and any others. And you can also use it from the context menu. Samely, you can also use "pin list" to keep a list will not be removed, set the title of a list or drag to change the order of tabs. Even you can set the color of a list in the new version. ★ Popup simple list This is one of the key features I wanted One tab to have. This allows you to have the list of stored tabs at hand just with a click of the icon. You can also manage the lists of tabs as well quickly from the popup. * You can change the "Behavior when icon is clicked" in the options page and enable or disable "simple popup list". ★ Keyboard shortcut You can set a keyboard shortcut for "store selected tabs" or other action so that you can store tabs very easily. It is helpful for improving efficiency. ★ Add to history You can choose to add the tabs to browser history if you like. ★ Migrate from Onetab It is very simple. Better Onetab support to import the data exported from Onetab so that you can try Better Onetab easily. ★ Execute from other extensions If you are using some others extensions, such as a mouse gesture extension, you can use the following code to execute "store selected tabs" command. chrome.runtime.sendMessage('eookhngofldnbnidjlbkeecljkfpmfpg', 'store-selected-tabs') Expect it, you can replace 'store-selected-tabs' with other string to call other commands: - store-all-tabs - restore-lastest-list - open-lists ★ Some other quality of life improvements Better Onetab will not open pages when you open the browser, but if you want, it is a simple thing. ------------------ visit this link if you want to check codes, submit a feedback or new features request: https://github.com/cnwangjie/better-onetab
- (2021-09-21) Anastasiou Alex: Send selected tabs to list doesn't work, only sends 1.
- (2021-08-15) Mi mzxr: 一直无法登录，显示： 该网页无法正常运作 boss.cnwangjie.com 未发送任何数据。
- (2021-07-30) Estu Glx: Lists lose all tabs, even created lists disappear. This extension was good at first but now it does not do the work
- (2021-07-21) 清: 那个，这款插件的外观和功能一样能打，但是，它的主图标太模糊了！这么优秀又用心的作品，用像素这么模糊的图标实在没有排面😂️ 另外，我不知道它能不能通过浏览器账号自动同步，这里好多人都说丢失了标签数据，听起来很可怕。 希望上面两点都能得到改善，给作者五星！ 另外，通过谷歌账号同步标签页应该是可行的。我用过一个极尽简单的标签插件，它虽然几乎什么多余功能都没有，但却做到同步了。我中间重装过两次系统，标签页都还在。
- (2021-06-27) SaFteiNZz: Way better than saving to bookmarks and open all, no trouble. I just set my first enter page to better onetab so once i open chrome I can restore my pages as soon as I can click. Thanks for the effort in the extension
- (2021-06-23) Peter Romero: Zero intuitivity. Gave up after I couldn't manage to save a single tab.
- (2021-05-21) Hào Hùng: This is so much better than the one tab extension. It does what I want one tab to do, including store only selected tab when I click the icon, open the tab but not remove it from the list. Love it when it's also open-source. Developers of this extension, you're god-sent to me!
- (2021-04-17) Kun Ji: Better get away from it.
- (2021-04-05) Jayden Seaton: its a onetab with a lot more better features and better looking but thats what makes it worse in my opinion because onetab is simpalistic and easy to move things around open tabs close them with just clicking on the icon and in all just simple and thats what i want from something i will use everyday and this aint it, its a lot cleaner yet more annoying to use
- (2021-03-20) esgalmir: Тонны багов, связанных с дубликатами и сохранением вкладок в именованные группы. Исправлять их никто не будет - разработка заброшена. Вкладки теряются, синхронизации с облаком нет (облако протухло). Совершенно непригодно!
- (2021-02-21) Hugo Valladares: my lists just suddenly disappeared...
- (2021-01-20) Majid AlSaidi: I hate it, not working.. all my important taps have gone!
- (2020-12-23) Ozgur: Sync is not working.
- (2020-12-02) zi Mai: 請問要怎麼改語言，我安裝時是英文版？？？ 能不能加繁體中文
- (2020-11-27) Shoop: what is https://boss.cnwangjie.com/and why does it need access to that?
- (2020-11-24) Johnny Sun: just closes the tab, doesn't save anything
- (2020-10-20) Per Aday: bonus points for you to begin just for not misleading people by falsely claiming the extension can save 95% of their memory used (when those savings are from closing the tabs, not the extension at all. In other words, the browser's Close Tab button should advertise that it can save people 95% of their memory used. Why google allows such misleading claims by an extension is baffling.)
- (2020-10-15) Seth: Multiple issues with it deleting my tabs instead of storing them... Plus I have a lot of problems with it saving my settings (how hard is it to remember I had it on dark mode?) I'm writing this in the hopes this gets better. But I can't do this, so I'll stick with the original for now
- (2020-10-04) Zach Hurst: Mostly issue free in 2020 & far better than the alternatives.
- (2020-09-28) 宋腾飞: 不行，点击存储标签，结果把标签全部关闭，一个也没保存，好几次了，太影响使用了，我评论完就卸载，后面人注意点。虽然不是每次都发生，发生一次都够呛！
- (2020-09-24) mr Watson: Хорошая задумка, выглядит красиво, в отличии от известного расширения можно сворачивать группы, делать им цветовую маркировку, можно сразу по нажатию на кнопку расширения выбрать в какую именованную группу сохранить вкладку. Но есть критичный баг, если сразу сохраняете в одну группу сайты с одного домена, то при выборе на удаление одного из адресов, удаляются из группы все с того же домена. Ещё не работает открытие в конце списка вкладок по умолчанию.
- (2020-09-16) Magda: Just get the regular OneTab, its better
- (2020-09-13) zegail mr: 非常不错
- (2020-09-08) emz: doesn't even work
- (2020-08-13) Rocky Zhou: 保存后刷新一下什么都没了，搞笑呢？
- (2020-07-19) Drielly Macline: prós: ótima ideia, reduz o uso de RAM, bem organizado, boas funções... contras: comecei a usar e separei minhas guias em 5 listas, cada lista com uma tag e cor. mas 3 dessas listas simplesmente sumiram da extensão. perdi tempo organizando as guias pois a extensão não salvou minhas alterações... por sorte não perdi minhas guias, pois ainda estavam salvas na lista geral
- (2020-06-23) smqfl: this is so awesome! it doesn't delete your tabs like the original did! this should be on the top page of chrome web store! i admire your work, thank you very much!!!
- (2020-04-13) 城南霜雪: 点了下同步 没有固定的列表全部丢失 2天筛选的几十个tab全丢了 建议作者 如果同步经常有问题，点击同步的时候至少alert一下
- (2020-03-21) John Smith: Im going back to bookmarks, at least they dont disappear upon a crash. (see my comment below that neither sync options work). I'll use Bookmark By Date and Bookmark My Tabs to capture tabs and one of the bookmark newtab page exts, probably either BNTP (has solarized and indent options at bottom) or Bookmarks New Tab. Bookmark Table is helpful to see recents and Quick Tab looks interesting. Also Extensions Manager is really helpful for testing different extensions and Quick Key has go back to last tab with Alt+W. This ext at least doesnt clear my window of tabs if I click on its icon. And its open source, which is good because most of these have a permission to read all browsing history and some your clipboard (think passwords). EDIT: actually, TidyTab is pretty decent and saves to bookmarks by default
- (2020-03-18) Steven van der Peijl: Stored whole list of tabs before closing the browser.. restarted my computer and restarted the browser.. guess what the list in this useless app.. completely empty. Back to one tab
- (2020-03-16) John Lockard: Does not work within Opera. Apparently there are APIs within Chrome which aren't present in Opera, so this Extension will load, but does nothing.
- (2020-02-28) Han Guo: 其他都还好，就是想问一下如何实现同步？
- (2020-02-05) Victor Coutinho: Usava o OneTab no Firefox pq era a única disponível, agora que migrei para o Brave Browser tenho acesso à Store do Chrome e essa extensão foi um achado! Muito melhor, mais bonita e completa do que o OneTab padrão.
- (2020-01-31) Barry Peric: Great tab manager. I'm coming from one-tab and love the improvement. Great work!
- (2020-01-23) Zack Wilde AF: good UI. Acted like it could do what it said. HORRIBLE PERFORMANCE. Did NOT SAVE tabs 75% of the time even with sync turned on and logged into backend and github as requested. Developers must have stopped. Do not download. what a waste
- (2020-01-21) One Dash Dot: As a night owl, this is definitely better than the blindingly white OneTab extension. Layout and UI could use some work but "better" is fully functional. Like the Lunar Reader extension, it helps mitigate my aging eyesight. More tips at 1-dot . com / eye-strain
- (2020-01-21) Susan Colvin: A nice addition in comparison to the original One Tab. I'm particularly fond of the "store selected tabs" and the "search" features. This extention has unsatisfactory issues in dire need of fixing, though: - Where is the option that prevents lists from being deleted upon being restored? The only available way to prevent this is to enable the confirmation message when a list is being deleted, which is tedious to do each time we want to restore a list. - Also, for some reason, the "storing selected tabs" option in the context menu don't work.
- (2019-12-27) Hui Zhou: 最近无法登陆，无法同步了，我可以顺畅地登陆google，chrome也一直同步设置，不存在网络不通畅的问题
- (2019-12-13) William Bialosky: Didn't work, right clicked and asked it to store my tabs and nothing happens. Bad UI.
- (2019-12-04) Paul Bystrzan: On one hand This extension has some features that I wanted when migrating from onetab, but it's also more "expensive" to use (more ram, more cpu). I use older stuff (iphone 4s, imac 20'' from late 2007 and I'm happy to use it everyday btw), but Your grate extension should have (in the future) option to turn on/off options. I believe it's not only about older hardware, but also energy we use (battery etc.) to do something we want. Thank You for Your gare job and awesome extension. For now I'm going back to onetab. Best from Poland
- (2019-11-29) Mark: While it offered a lot of options I wanted in OneTab and even seemed to be working at first, once I began adding my data to it, it's crumbled worse than knockoff legos. What needs to be fixed? - Importing from OneData is useless at best, but this might be the fault of OneTab, but why offer import if it isn't working? - When saving tabs, it will open a new tab for itself and then save them to a list and not close the tabs - After saving the tabs to a list, the list magically vanishes if you refresh the page (not every time BUT it will happen to you!) - Freezes and is clunky - Seems to offer a cloud service which is directed to a dead URL Removed from my life quicker than overcooked mashed potatoes on Thanksgiving
- (2019-11-04) Sina Yagubi: The style and features, all are better than onetab. but there was one big issue which made me remove it from my browser: the first tabs I stored to test the extension were stored and loaded without any issue. I got excited and even configured a shortcut key for storing the selected tabs. I stored 54 important tabs and to my surprise, they were closed but they were not added to "better onetab". I restored them from my history and tried it again believing it was my mistake, but every time the same happened. if the interface of "better onetab" was open when I stored more tabs, they were even added to the list, but after closing and opening the interface, they were gone again and only the few tabs with which I had initially tested the extension remained. the only things I did were enabling the "Use night mode by default" option (which I believed will turn on a dark skin or something but didn't seem to change anything) and click on the save list to google drive button. however I don't believe the issue was caused by that. ------------------------------- please fix this issue so I can edit my review.
- (2019-10-12) warmscar: 非常好用，要是能够和The Great Suspender这样的chrome插件协同工作那简直完美，一个标签长时间未浏览自动杀掉后台并添加到Better Onetab列表中。。
- (2019-10-03) aditya aggarwal: features suggestion - - automatic backup to google - smooth like onetab - sort groups by number of links edit - all the links get lost from it after a crash
- (2019-09-08) Rodrigo Ayam: Found it really a nice ideia but still prefer onetab for one simple reason... love to be able to scroll down indefinetelly instead of needing to be changing pages (what is really a bummer) also would like to suggest a better way of importing from one tab (like with the pinned tabs and names of the group tabs altogether). Yours is more organized but still thing onetab layout a lot easier to see the links and more clean to look at.
- (2019-09-06) QY H: 总体来说不错，但发现一旦打开一百多个以上tab时会有bug从而导致tab丢失 onetab也有这个问题。
- (2019-09-03) Jonathan Hail: I absolutely love this extension especially compared to the original. I've been using better onetab for roughly 6 months and have had a few issues but nothing I couldn't reverse or fix. I've read a lot of reviews from people, especially the poor reviews from people and just want to say if you actually read and explore the options and the GitHub website, you'll find that most issues that people are having there is an option for. As for the times that the extension doesn't seem to save any tabs and they just disappear, I've found that changing the max display lists to 5 instead of 10 or 15 that the extension runs much better and has zero issues. Also don't forget to backup your lists via GitHub or gmail. TIP! I recently moved from Google Chrome to the new Chromium based Edge browser, and after installing better onetab none of my lists appeared. To fix this, I browsed to the better onetab folder and simply copy and pasted the entire folder to my new browser and it all my settings and lists appeared. The location of the data folder is C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge Dev\User Data\Default\Extensions\eookhngofldnbnidjlbkeecljkfpmfpg
- (2019-09-02) 隐刀: 感觉还不如 command+shift+D 直接全部存书签好维护呢，书签又能漫游
- (2019-08-18) Михаил Шевченко: I like the amount of features this extension brings (dark theme, settings), but the biggest problem is amount of bugs in basic functionality (for example restoring tab from tab list opens wrong link from the list and removes the one u clicked so u lose it forever and didn't even open it)
- (2019-07-26) ros mah: Everything I saved is lost every time I save it.
- (2021-08-10, v:1.4.7) Don Lorusso: I love this program. Can't seem to login
Can't Log in
- (2021-06-08, v:1.4.7) Albaqami A.M.R: Not good If you use it for more than one device
It is a great and organised add-on overall but cloud sync has not worked for a long time. I cannot access my saved sites on my other devices. but one time my computer crashed and I had to reinstall the windows and lost all my work and saved sites. Though there is a tool to import/export the saved site, it isn't efficient for daily uses.
- (2021-04-25, v:1.4.7) John: Better OneTab fails to save
Bette OneTab fails to save new stored tabs after storing new tabs and pressing Reload before checking the Better OneTab tab, how can I fix this?
- (2021-04-19, v:1.4.7) Connie Rios: OneTab download returns error msg:
OneTab download cannot complete because 'full hard disk'. My chromebook's hard disk has 2.7GB space remaining. How big is OneTab?
- (2021-01-31, v:1.4.7) JLitz88: better one tab
share url option like one tab and open from share
- (2021-01-21, v:1.4.7) David Ma: Sync across browsers
Hey guys, I'm really glad I found your extension. SO USEFUL!! I have it installed on Chrome and Opera and would like to have the same onetab content in both browsers. How can I do that? Thanks and have an awesome time!
- (2020-12-22, v:1.4.7) Anya Tu: PDFs
Hello! The extension can't seem to store pdf files but onetab can? Is there anything you can do? Thank you.
- (2020-11-12, v:1.4.7) Zhan Arno: Groups are not deleted / saved
Groups are not deleted / saved. After reboot shows the old group.
- (2020-10-28, v:1.4.7) zi Mai: 要怎麼改變語言？
- (2020-08-26, v:1.4.7) George Zeigler: export
how can i export the data into clickable links ... can't open in google sheets ... can't share as web page (like one tab offers) ... definitely has some advantages ... but maybe this "better one tab" isn't "better" after all. I will appreciate any assistance, because otherwise I might have to go back to One Tab, and I do like this app better. Thanks, George
- (2020-08-06, v:1.4.7) terri smith-caronia: Migration
How do I migrate the 8,000 tabs that I have have in OneTab over to Better OneTab? AND, will my list names migrate too or will there just be a long list of tabs? Thank you.
- (2020-07-15, v:1.4.7) Jonathan Hail: Public Service Announcement
Everyone this extension was amazing when it was being supported and did sync across devices however the developer has stopped supporting it for the time being at least which is why so many are having issues. Just thought everyone should know.
- (2020-06-12, v:1.4.7) Yurii Soldatko: stop sync
stop to sync?
- (2020-06-12, v:1.4.7) Mohit Verma: suddenly stop working
- (2020-05-02, v:1.4.7) Bobby Weiner: syncing on all computers
I have better one tab on my main PC in Chrome and on my chromebook. I've got several lists started on my PC and have logged in to better one tab. I have logged into better one tab with my same google account on my chromebook. Should the same tabs that are saved on my PC be showing up on my chromebook? I was hoping that syncing would do that for me. Thanks, Bobby
- (2020-04-27, v:1.4.7) Dipto Sadik: tabs vanishing
tabs vanishing ,and often stored tabs dont get stored why dont you just called it worse onetab you idiot?
- (2020-04-06, v:1.4.7) Michelle Dehn: Wont install on Brave browser
says it is for brave browser yet it wont install? can you help?
- (2020-03-16, v:1.4.7) Jeff N: Store left and right tabs options grayed out even when there are tabs to left and/or right
Left and right tabs option does not work in store in to specific titled list menu, they are grayed out
- (2020-02-12, v:1.4.7) Azarilh: Where is the list file stored?
I'm actually on Firefox, i'm here coz the add-on got removed from the FF store. I can't find the list file in the mozilla folder. But maybe the location is similiar to Chrome.
- (2020-01-28, v:1.4.7) Timuçin Küçük: Renaming the link
It would be perfect if it was possible to rename the link. I mean instead of seeing an extra long title consisting of some characters dashes slashes, I want to be able to rename the link with a 2-3 word explanation.
- (2019-10-08, v:1.4.7) John T: Related to post just made
Incidentally, I've been using Better OneTab on Brave (Chromium) on the other machines, where this is on Firefox.
- (2019-10-08, v:1.4.7) John T: Pinned Links NOT Pinned
Gateway Computer New install Linux Mint 19.2 Mate Firefox 69.0.1 64bit better-onetab Version 1.4.7 Multiple 'Pinned' links in a 'Better OneTab' list. 'Blue' Pin in top right corner. 'Unpin List' shows in menu bar. When I click on a link in the 'Pinned' list it opens in a new tab and disappears from the supposedly 'Pinned' list. I'm not a new user. Have been using this on at least three other machines, all under Linux Mint Mate. This is new, unexpected, unwelcome behavior. jT
- (2019-08-11, v:1.4.6) King Kasper: Links getting all mixed up
After the latest chrome update the links are getting all mixed up. some duplicated ad others completely lost!!! Fix this issue now bc as it stand better onetab is damn near unusable!!!!!!!!!!!!
- (2019-06-05, v:1.4.5) Gnourt F: Customize the title of a tab
I really want the feature can customize title of a tab. Ex: Right click on a tab and click 'Change title'. As a note for that tab
- (2019-05-22, v:1.4.5) Jeff N: Two things I would really like to see fixed
First, I cannot get the move to function to work so that I can add individual or entire lists to another titled list. I click everything, then hit "move to," but when I select the destination, it doesn't do anything. Anyone know what might be wrong here? Secondly, when I search for anything, it actually brings up the page before the page with the correct search result. So you have to go to the next page of lists to find what you were searching for. Everything else I have commented about I eventually figured out how to do, they were just features I was not sure how to work but were there all along. These two things, however, I cannot get to work correctly. This extension is one of the best I have ever used and it helps me stay productive. To the developers: I really appreciate you. Thank you for your time.
- (2019-05-21, v:1.4.5) Michael Griffin: cant save tabs
Hi I came to your extension after some nice referals. I was able to set up 2 pinned lists. However I cant save anymore. Can you please tell me how to save lists? thansk Im running chrome on a macbook pro
- (2019-05-19, v:1.4.5) Antonio Argentino: Each tab history/chronology
Hi, I don't know if the app can store in one tab, not only the url of each tab of the current chrome window, but also the chronology associated with each tab, storing practically the COMPLETE session. Thank you for the eventual answer
- (2019-05-17, v:1.4.5) Michael Kessel: Importing from OneTab
How do you import OneTab's export file? Does it have to have an extension?
- (2019-05-11, v:1.4.5) Roy Peleg: Rename saved tabs
Can't find a way to rename my tabs (don't like the title of some of the tabs), isn't it possible to rename a tab I saved?
- (2019-05-08, v:1.4.4) dajosova: "store all tabs in all windows"
Option "store all tabs in all windows" needs Chrome to restart in order to see changes!