Make a note of important points in any article on a web page
About WebNotes: Have you ever wondered if there was a better way to make notes when you are researching for something on the web instead of using a Notepad to save important notes? Say bye bye to the notepad! Here is Web Notes. A simple extension that helps you take notes on the web at the click of a button. New Features: > Categorize notes using tags > Rename Tags > Delete Tags and Notes assigned to those tags > Change Tag assigned to a note > Updated context menu to enhance user experience User Guide: Adding a New Tag: 1. Right Click on the web page and "Web Notes -> Add New Tag" 2. In the pop-up box enter the new tag name Save a Note: 1. Select the text from the web page 2. Right Click on the selected text and "Web Notes -> Add Note to [<default_tag>]" View Notes: 1. Click on the Web Notes button beside the omnibox (URL/Address bar) 2. You'll be taken to a new tab with all your notes Rename Tags: 1. Click on the Web Notes button beside the omnibox (URL/Address bar) 2. Select the tag from the drop down box 3. Press the Pencil button (tool-tip: Rename Tag...) beside the drop down box 4. In the pop up box enter the new tag name and click on 'Ok'. Delete Tags: 1. Click on the Web Notes button beside the omnibox (URL/Address bar) 2. Select the tag from the drop down box 3. Press the Trash button (tool-tip: Delete Tag) beside the drop down box 4. The tag and all its notes will be deleted FAQ: 1. What is "Set Default Tag"? A. This option is used to set the default tag under which a note will be saved. It is only visible when your Right Click without making any selection. 2. What is "Add Note to a New Tag"? A. This option will add a new tag and save the selected text under the new tag. This option is only visible when you Right Click on selected text. 3. Why don't I see the newly added tag in my Web Notes drop-down? A. Refresh your Web Notes page to display all the newly added tags. Upcoming Features: > Import and Export Notes <--Developer Message--> New feature requests are welcome.
- (2019-11-17) tktk wwa: useless extension. just a collection. why not use everntoe, onenote, google keep, collection in edge insider?
- (2018-05-11) Muhammad Ali: that's what i wanted
- (2017-01-16) Peter Wirth: Einfacher und schneller geht nicht. Prima.
- (2016-02-27) rajesh veera: This is what I am looking for.
- (2015-12-28) Rick Swindell: After installing and deleting many others this one is a winner!
- (2015-06-19) Женя Малахов: работает криво
- (2015-06-13) ВАСЯ пупкин: Нахожусь в поиске расширения, работающего с заметками. Нашел два других. Неплохих. Но полностью они меня не удовлетворили. К автору просьба- добавить в контекстное меню возможность выбора и вставки из списка всех заметок.
- (2015-04-24) Edwin Felix: Useful Extension!
- (2013-10-05) P M: Very simple, allows you to highlight text, tag it, and save it automatically to the extension, with the web address attached for future reference. Exactly what I was looking for. Syncing option across one's Google account would make it 5 stars!
- (2013-09-26) E E: Incredibly useful! Very purposeful for students enrolled in online courses!!!!
- (2013-08-12) Avinash Pudota: Very Good....
- (2019-01-05, v:1.4.3) Paweł Mostek: cooperation offer
Hi, I like your extension 'Web notes'. I have very similar idea but dedicated for the companies and with more complex features. I'm going to build a bussines on this. I have some ideas that I could share with you. Please let me know if you are interested in cooperation. Best Pawel Mostek
- (2015-02-21, v:1.3) Mick .T: I would like to see Tag support improved. Thanks.
How would I remove the tags if I delete the notes? You need to have the ability to remove tags or move existing notes to a new tag. I will retry this extension maybe if you do. Otherwise the idea for this extension rocks. You need to also allow the highlight to work.