An unobtrusive and powerful player for listening to, managing and exporting 8tracks mixes.
I have always been an avid fan of 8tracks and have used it as my primary music discovery service. However, I found it difficult to export the tracks I discovered to other services. With Virtuoso, users are free to like tracks and mixes, purchase songs, map actions to hotkeys, and synchronize 8tracks account information with the LastFM and Spotify music services. note: LastFM is having trouble maintaining their API, so LastFM support is nonfunctional right now. == Version 1.25.2 Changelog == 1. Autopause setting added, no autopause by default 2. Handled regression with spotify api - always copies to clipboard 3. Added hints for usability for login/selecting mix. 4. 8Tracks remembers mix that was last listened to on start. 5. 8Tracks displays user information on login page. 6. Added preferences page, migrated login to preferences. == Enabling Hotkeys == 1. Visit chrome://extensions/ in browser 2. Scroll to the bottom of the page, and select 'Keyboard Shortcuts' 3. Map any of the provided 8Tracks functions to keyboard shortcuts
- (2017-09-15) De Realnik: Działa wszystko oprócz klikania na piosenki, żeby pojawiły się w Spotify.Można zapisać całą playlistę nazwami.
- (2017-05-31) Joey Turner: The extension is great, but spotify support still doesn't work. The "spotify" button on each song does nothing and export to spotify says "Successfully exported the selected tracks to spotify." but it doesn't actually add them. It does MAKE the playlists though.
- (2016-12-20) kalin Peček: Awesome extension. Would be nice if you added a "like track" button.
- (2016-08-20) Kostya Begunkov: The most perfect player for 8tracks. Thanks!
- (2016-03-31) Andi Fauzan: can't export mix to spotify :(
- (2015-11-20) Gabriel Tremblay: Sadly it doesnt do the only thing i need it to do... being exporting complete playlist to spotify. I can find songs 1 by 1 but the playlist export button doesnt create a new playlist in my spotify.
- (2015-10-22) Claidissa: Seems to do what it says it does, but it pauses the music whenever I'm not at the computer and doesn't recognize when I change the mix on the 8tracks tab. There's no way for it to re-recognize what I'm listening to until I close and reopen the browser. I'm sure these options are useful, I just want a settings page where I can turn them off...
- (2015-10-13) Valentine Gilbert: i love it
- (2015-08-19) Cathy Y.: The only Chrome extension for 8tracks I've found that allows you to close your 8tracks tab entirely. I don't use the extended options of getting tracks into Spotify or using last.fm, but those options are available. Updated 2/13: this extension keeps throwing up an error message that I've skipped more than three tracks in a row when I haven't. Functionality is still great, but I'm now unable to listen to a whole mix through without it skipping to the next mix. Updated 8/19: Skipping song issue has been fixed. The one thing I wish it could do is play all the playlists in a collection, but instead it does some other next mix algorithm I can't figure out. Still pretty awesome.
- (2015-04-19) Anabelle Ong: Can't log in to export music to spotify. It does allow you to play 8tracks music without needing to open the tab. However, it is troublesome if you can't get your previously saved playlist.
- (2015-03-14) Norbert Jörg Klatt: !!!
- (2014-07-17) 한인철: Awesome! However when I started playing mix on the website and paused it this app won't pause with it
- (2014-05-17) Very handy 8tracks app, especially for getting tracks into Spotify. Will be using it for the foreseeable future. Could be more user friendly, not sure how though.
- (2017-05-01, v:1.25.3) Jeff Gauthier: Find 8Tracks Published Playlists
How do I find my 8Tracks published playlists on the Mix Manager so I can port them to Spotify? They don't show up. Thanks, Jeff
- (2016-09-29, v:1.25.3) New Page: 403 forbidden
i cannot play any of the playlist. everytime i clicked any of the playlist this notification poped up. hope that you could fixed it soon
- (2015-10-16, v:1.25.1) A. Lenn: Login
The 1st trouble with login was submitted on sept 29, and here it is, oct 16, and I too can't log in. Neither the enter key nor the Login button do anything...
- (2015-10-02, v:1.25.1) Christina S: Login Not Working
After entering ID/PW, pressing the "login" button or "enter" key both have no effect.
- (2015-09-30, v:1.25.1) Raz A. N.: Login button not working
Have keyed in details, but pressing "Enter" on keyboard or "Login" on the extension interface doesn't work.
- (2015-04-11, v:1.24) Cherri Kyleton: Keyboard Shortcuts
I think enabling keyboard shortcuts would be really useful.
- (2015-04-11, v:1.24) Cherri Kyleton: Zoomed in menu
Hi! For some reason, the little menu that pops up when you click the extension button at the top bar seems to be really zoomed in with no way to fix this. I can't see any pause or skip buttons at all. I've checked to see that my page isn't zoomed in or anything. As you can imagine, it's a bit frustrating to have to disable the whole extension to stop playing music, haha.