This extension runs youtube videos in chromium through omxplayer allowing a much smoother viewing
This is a small script written to include a quick button to play any youtube video locally in omxplayer, allowing much smoother playback! It uses youtube-dl and displays a prompt each time a youtube video is opened. Pressing OK will show the video locally in less than 10 seconds. You must have Chromium installed (https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=121195) and the host script installed (https://github.com/kusti8/RPi-chromium). Any questions or issues should be reported on the Github page, and I'm always open to new ideas!
- (2018-01-18) Does nothing after installed it.
- (2016-08-10) Elliot Orr: It seemed slow for me, but work well with everything else.
- (2016-06-06) Max Mustermann: Works flawless, great work.
- (2016-05-01) Benedict Simmons: It works perfect! Thank you!
- (2016-04-24) Dave Land: It does what it says it does. If you're very patient. I tried using it on a brand new Raspberry Pi 3 with a fresh install of Raspbian Jessie. If that's your set-up, and what you want to do is watch gorgeous smooth-playing YouTube videos about 10-15 minutes from now, then this is for you. I don't think the fault is with the add-on, though: it's just how long it takes to download a full video from YouTube.
- (2018-11-28, v:0.3) Krónika: Audio only works over HDMI
This launches some sort of GUI wrapper for omxplayer but the GUI lacks audio options. Usually in omxplayer I'd have to use -olocal to hear any audio because it insists on playing the audio over HDMI when my TV doesn't even have speakers so I listen to it with headphones. I cannot find any audio options so this is basically worthless to me until audio options are added.
- (2018-01-18, v:0.3) Not supported anymore
- (2017-12-04, v:0.3) Electric Skeleton: Deosn't work
I installed this Chrome plugin, I installed the software in the two/three convoluted ways that it asks me to install it and it still does not work. Ya'll need to work harder on fixing the documentation so people know what's going on because seriously mate how are we to know what to do when it's your software?
- (2017-07-22, v:0.3) Jackson Hepburn: Does this still work?
I am thinking about installing but I don't know if it still works by reading the support page. Does this still work?
- (2016-11-13, v:0.3) Not working for me either.
Not working for me either. Fresh install of Raspbian. Added extension. No prompt for video.
- (2016-11-03, v:0.3) Riaan De Winnaar: Does not work.
This does not seem to be working anymore?
- (2016-08-14, v:0.3) Bob Van Schagen: hokerd
als ik een youtube video kijk dat hokerd het de hele stijds