Play or Pause any inactive YouTube video tab from any active tab, while viewing other pages online.
Pause, play skip, rewind YouTube videos from the extension popup. If you would like to control YouTube videos while browsing the web in another tab, you need this extension. It's common these days to listen to music, presentations or Podcasts on YouTube while browsing the web and not necessarily watch the video. Sometimes, you may leave your desk, need to concentrate or chat with a colleague, and changing to the correct YouTube tab in order to pause the video may be troublesome or embarrassing. This plugin solves that problem, by allowing you to pause and play again from any tab. In addition, there is a button to jump back (rewind) the video by 15 seconds if you lost concentration for example. Additionally you can jump to the next or previous video in the current playlist. Features (from popup): * Play / Pause YouTube videos from any tab * Jump to Next / Previous video * Jump to beginning of video * Skip forward / backward 15 seconds * Close or Jump to YouTube tabs from the extension popup Suggestions and bug-reports are very welcome!
- (2019-11-25) Rickthestig: Amazing widget!
- (2019-11-14) Артем Еросеев: Add rewind tracks as done in the plugin "Tab Play" https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tab-play/jjeagdfnfenacnncimelkhlnhkbiaoch - your plugin will be the best!
- (2019-10-25) Sarah Smalley: Awesome! Now I can skip songs and not worry that my coworkers are thinking that I'm not working. I love it! :D
- (2019-09-20) yusuf saraç: it would be great if you can add keyboard shortcuts to buttons. Great extension
- (2019-09-15) Terra Nova: The author was very responsive to a feature request I had, "Pause All", and implemented it in v1.6.0 via a new "Stop sign" icon. Please see: http://disq.us/p/23s7ji4
- (2019-08-19) Z1 Root: Awesome! Where has this extension been all my life?!? I've been looking for something like this for ages. I like being able to see which tabs have videos playing and manage them all from one interface. I think it's great that you have more than play and pause, but have other controls, too. That's sooo much better than expected!
- (2019-06-01) Hassen Elberkennou: This is an EXCELLENT extension. Thank you. Btw Andrew, are you using the youtube API or tab DOM?
- (2019-05-20) John Patrick Manalo: Fills in the gaps where Spotify can't! Thank you for this godsend!
- (2019-05-20) Trevor Phillips: Really helps when listening to music in the background at work. And it's nice that it supports multiple tabs
- (2019-05-10) Ajay varma: Great extension. I am looking so far this type of extension my journey ends here. If we have previous and next buttons it would be more useful.
- (2019-01-12) Sergey Andreev: Вполне себе работает, проблем не заметил.
- (2018-12-09) Disciple de Jésus-Christ: marche
- (2018-09-06) Nagy Tamás: Very promising, but needs hotkeys (in case you don't know: chrome://extensions/shortcuts) prev, next vid is also a must
- (2018-06-27) Mike F.: Por fin una extensión de este tipo que funciona
- (2017-12-06) Avi From: This is exactly what i was looking for!! Thank you for creating!!
- (2017-09-18) David Peterka: Slow, but it works nice.
- (2017-05-25) Michael Xz: might not be super pretty but it is by far the best extension of it's class. Why? it does everything important and in a simple interface. Would be nice to have the current video tab that is open of each browser window in the browser highlighted. Or to be able to seek by clicking a spot in the current time display area
- (2017-05-07) Jose E Montoya: first thanks for the extension is excellent only wanted to comment if you can add a button to advance to change in the playlist Thanks Again
- (2017-02-01) vitor costa: Can i user any hotkey to pause or play my video?
- (2017-01-22) Sameer Youssef: Nice BUT it needs another 2 buttons to allow going forward and back in the YouTube playlist
- (2016-09-28) Michael Macleod: Awesome extension, very practical! Need one for Firefox too!
- (2016-09-02) Akhil K.Venugopal: Loved it! Could you please add a forward seeking option like the rewind seek you already have?
- (2016-07-07) Skana Works: Does exactly what it says. Can also close youtube windows right from the plugin. AND it also works on youtube tabs from other Chrome windows....!!! *_*
- (2016-06-29) tawheed abdul-raheeem: Love it!
- (2016-05-28) Jack Webb: Does exactly as it says. Useful if you have lots of tabs open and go between videos sometimes (Say a TV shows vs a short clip or podcast vs video). It could be a little faster, and I think the buttons could be slightly clearer/larger, but neither of these detract from the experience. Good Job dev :)
- (2020-01-14, v:1.6.0) Flor1k: Back button
Hello, I've noticed that the "back" button currently only goes at the start of the current track, unless you are playing a youtube playlist. It makes sense that it works like this, but I think another back button for the page history would be convenient for when a playlist is not playing. Thanks.
- (2019-11-10, v:1.6.0) Jack Hu: Suggestions
- Volume control - Scrubber along the bottom to click+drag the playhead through a video Apart from that, awesome job!
- (2019-10-08, v:1.6.0) Mason Davis: suggestion
can you have it work for incognito tabs?
- (2019-09-17, v:1.6.0) Hannah Swiderski: Very good but
Can you put in away to give the video a thumbs up or down thanks
- (2018-11-20, v:1.0.13) אלדר יפתח: Adding new features
First of all, I will start by thanking you for this amazing product. I can not do without him. I'd like to know if you can add a few more features to the product. 1. Control the volume of youtube. 2. Run backwards and forwards. Thanks in advance.
- (2018-09-21, v:1.0.13) Non-functioning of spacebar key(for play/pause) & Adding a second keyboard shortcut
First, thanks a lot for taking the effort to make this extension. Its extremely helpful especially at work.:). An issue that I have been facing: whenever I activate the extension, the first time I try to use spacebar for play/pause it doesn't work. But as soon as I do a play/pause using the extension ui the spacebar starts to work from there on. Would be extremely helpful if you could point me to a solution to this issue. Second one is a question: In the documentation its mentioned I can add up to 2 shortcuts. I have added one but can't find a way of adding the second one :(. Any ideas as to how to do this? Thanks Erum
- (2018-08-01, v:1.0.13) Vladimir Petkov: Forward button
This extension reeeeally neads a forward button too
- (2018-05-15, v:1.0.13) Gabe: The box now go away if you click on something
It would be nice if the box stayed, even if you clicked on something on your current tab. I have to re-click on the icon every time I want to use it.
- (2017-10-04, v:1.0.13) Keyboard additions
It would be awesome if you could make a keyboard shortcut to pause and play.
- (2017-09-29, v:1.0.13) Keyboard shortcuts
Please add keyboard shortcuts for all functions (particularly rewind 15 seconds)
- (2017-05-07, v:1.0.13) Jose E Montoya: Botton advance
first thanks for the extension is excellent only wanted to comment if you can add a button to advance to change in the playlist Thanks Again
- (2017-03-24, v:1.0.13) Sandeep Sridhar: Shorcut for pause
Please do add a keyboard shortcut to pause the current video or videos.