Browser syncing as it should be: secure, anonymous and free! Sync bookmarks across your browsers and devices, no sign up required.
xBrowserSync is a completely free and open source tool for syncing your bookmarks and browser data between your desktop browsers. xBrowserSync respects your privacy and gives you complete anonymity — no sign up is required and no personal data is ever collected. It is also completely secure; your data is encrypted client-side with military grade encryption, Even if someone intercepted your data, only you can decrypt it. xBrowserSync enriches your bookmarks with the addition of descriptions and tags. An intuitive search interface lets you find bookmarks quickly and easily, or simply browse your bookmarks hierarchy by folders. And don’t ever worry about losing your data thanks to the included back up and restore functionality. The web extension fully supports your native desktop browser bookmarking features; xBrowserSync will preserve your existing bookmarks hierarchy and any changes you make using the native bookmarking functionality are synced by xBrowserSync automatically. xBrowserSync will even add metadata to new bookmarks automatically! With the xBrowserSync mobile app you can use xBrowserSync on the go with your Android device. Once you have created a new sync on your desktop browser using the web extension, simply scan your sync ID code into the app and enter your password to connect to your synced data. Add new bookmarks easily by sharing from your favourite apps (browsers, YouTube, Spotify and any other app that shares URLs), xBrowserSync will even populate the bookmark properties for you. For ultimate privacy, configure your very own xBrowserSync cloud service on your Linux or Windows server to sync to. The code for the xBrowserSync cloud service is open source and is easy to set up for any relatively tech savvy individual. Welcome to browser syncing as it should be: secure, anonymous and free! Key features: ★ Sync bookmarks between desktop browsers (syncing of additional browser data will be added in future versions), and access bookmarks on the move using the xBrowserSync Android app. ★ Absolutely free, there are no charges for using the service. Ever. ★ Totally anonymous, no sign up or submission of personal data required, just install and sync. ★ Encrypts your browser data client-side using military grade encryption that only you can decrypt. ★ Browse, find, modify and share bookmarks quickly and easily. ★ Enrich your bookmarks with descriptions and tags. ★ Works with native desktop browser bookmarking features. ★ Add bookmarks with the mobile app by sharing from your favourite apps. ★ Share bookmarks with friends with the mobile app. ★ Back up and restore your synced data for total peace of mind. ★ Run your very own xBrowserSync cloud service for syncing in complete privacy. For more information visit www.xbrowsersync.org.
- (2020-06-29) Mosiur rahman Apu: I was searching like this for years.
- (2020-04-07) Stephen Boullion: Won't work for me on any chromebook, I've tried on 3 so far. Says "Syncing" but never does. Works great on Firefox on Windows 10 and on Android, and I love it. But no matter what I do, I can't seem to use it on any Chrome OS device.
- (2020-03-11) Géraud Servin: Deleting bookmarks and folders for no reason! Too bad it looked like a nice add-on but I can't risk losing my previous 2,000 bookmarks
- (2020-03-06) Melvin MacDonald: This extension is awesome, but it enters the endless sync loop on my Chromebook. I'm using the Chrome browser obviously so I don't know why this is happening.
- (2020-02-27) Rick Stevens: Works on Firefox and Chromium but I can't get it to work on Brave browser. It synced my bookmarks at first but not it's saying I might have a corrupt profile. I deleted the profile along with all the config folders in my home directory but it still won't work.
- (2020-02-24) Wue Xiang Gooi: Doesnt work on Brave broswer, giving error "broken bookmark structure"
- (2020-02-22) Nick M: Great Extension, easy to use! Keep your Sync ID in a password manager to ensure you don't lose it. This program is quick and very impressive! The expansion of installers for different device's and OS' was promised and delivered, again very impressive. Again Highly Recommended.
- (2020-02-11) Guus Eikens: Amazing concept!
- (2020-02-10) Daniel Brooke Peig: The first versions of this extension were a disaster, I lost several bookmarks and had others completely scrambled... The developers did a great job and starting from version 1.5 the product was working as intended. The last version is almost perfect and does a great job synchronizing between different platforms! I highly recommend this. Thank you!
- (2020-02-01) Joseph Munno: 30 Minutes of effort, no results - Garbage! Couldn't get it to work with Brave.
- (2019-12-15) Victor Quebec: xBS has a potential if the developer listens to users. It clearly lacks two powerful features, which have been requested repeatedly — (1) merging bookmarks between devices/browsers instead of overwriting them and (2) command-based syncronisation when a user can download and upload bookmarks from/to the sync server (two separate buttons maybe?). Thanks!
- (2019-11-22) DarkKnight Dx: please make "Already got a sync ID" bigger, great ext
- (2019-11-20) Diego: Great! Keep going!
- (2019-11-13) Tom Schi: Thanks a lot for this Service!, it's very sad that sharing bookmarks does not work. For example, we expect to 1) select all bookmarks which are tagged by a keyword 2) and then share it to someone (e.g. by E-Mail) or to another xBrowserSync User
- (2019-11-13) P N: Le moins: -La première tentative de sync n'a pas été très concluante pour moi, elle a fait planter la fenêtre et l'extension; -C'est du tout ou rien, on peut avoir des barres de favoris différentes pour chaque navigateur, ou des synchronisées, mais impossible de choisir ce qu'on veut synchroniser. C'est un gros point noir. -N'affiche à aucun moment la totalité des favoris. -Donc: aucune action groupée sur les favoris, supprimer, retaguer, déplacer, etc... -Aucun moyen de vérifier que tout a bien été sync (pas de fenêtre pour montrer les favoris) -Aucune possibilité de retrouver un ID de sync oublié, donc connexion facile, mais ça conduit à un inconvénient encore plus grand. -Sync ID très long et impossible à retenir, au contraire d'un nom utilisateur. -Mot de passe de chiffrement pas optionnel, mais obligatoire = sécurité améliorée, mais inutile dans mon cas. Mes favoris sont publics. Le plus: -Permet d'ajouter des tags multiples quand on ajoute un nouveau favoris. -La fonction de recherche à partir d'un mot, à partir du popup de l'extension, est cool. -Ajout de bookmark facile, même si deux clics pour ajouter un bookmark, c'est un de trop. -Création de compte rapide, et connexion rapide une fois que l'identifiant de sync est créé. (la connexion requiert l'ID de sync + le mot de passe de chiffrement. -Plusieurs API pointant vers des services différents, si jamais l'un deux est hors service. -Sécurité du chiffrement à ce qu'il semble. Conclusion: trop basique pour moi. Au minimum, je cherche un service pouvoir me laisser faire quelques actions sur les favoris en plus du sync, ou au moins pouvoir choisir ce que je veux synchroniser ou restaurer.
- (2019-10-30) Marcin Ciosek: Very unstable. I'm running my own server (via Docker) and every few weeks there is sync issue where part of the bookmarks is missing and I'm forced to create a new sync account otherwise I cannot upload what I'm restoring from the backup.
- (2019-10-13) Roman Lyubchak: Since xBoolmarks sync project was stopped, I was searching for a similar tool to sync my bookmarks without having logged in into browsers' built-in systems. This is (almost) exactly what I wanted. Anonymous, simple, lightweight. Would like just a little more compatibility with old versions of Chromium (65, for instance), where it tries to start syncing whithout any result. Other browsers (newer Chromium, Firefox) work just fine.
- (2019-08-03) William Wong: Since chrome bookmark doesn't have a "Bookmarks Menu" item, I think it's better to map "[xbs] Menu" to chrome's "Other bookmarks" because they are both displayed in the first class of the browser menu, and make the "Other Bookmarks" of firefox as a subfolder like "[xbs] Other" of the "Other bookmarks" in Chrome.
- (2019-08-01) Abraham Juliot: Wow! The latest update (v1.5) just made this a 5 star extension for me. Syncs between different browsers are now fast and smooth. Thank you
- (2019-07-31) Notr Zant: I'm sure the developer did his best, but syncing from one device's Chrome to another, I may get all the changes, or I may not. Add 6 bookmarks? Might see 6, might see 2. Uninstalled and reinstalled, tried different sync IDs...and of course I usually don't know if it's one of the random times I'm getting stuff dropped, since it usually seems to work fine and I don't check, so any losses then just get synced back to the other machine and I've lost them forever. I finally switched to a competitor and so far it works great and has things this extension was missing--it merges instead of overwrites, syncs on command, and everything is where it should be.
- (2019-07-30) 陈某: killer for different type of Chromium browser
- (2019-07-12) The-Manh Nguyen: Excellent. Easy to use. Work smoothly.
- (2019-02-24) Super Mario: This thing is KILLER! Thanks for making it :)
- (2019-01-14) Yura: if you want to loose your bookmarks use this extension
- (2018-12-19) Justin Long-Him Shum: When I installed this months ago, xBrowserSync only supported Chrome. Now that issue is not only fixed, the app has Firefox support! It's a great open-source solution.
- (2020-06-10, v:1.5.2) DeForrest Hipps: Can't reorganize bookmarks
Using the latest version of Chrome on Windows 10, if I move a bookmark to another folder the bookmarks refresh and undo my changes. This is true whether I'm moving the bookmarks via bookmark manager or simply dragging/dropping within the browser session.
- (2020-02-13, v:1.5.1) Lokman Afandy: will be perfect if it support
Dark mode, password sync, grid view bookmark
- (2019-11-13, v:1.5.0) Tom Schi: Uninstalling does not remove the "Other bookmarks" Tab in the Bookmarks bar and crashes Chrome
Good evening xBrowserSync adds a "Other bookmarks" Tab to the Bookmarks bar. If xBrowserSync gets uninstalled, then the "Other bookmarks" Tab is not removed. If one tries to delete it in chrome://bookmarks/ then Chrome immediately crashes.
- (2019-09-09, v:1.5.0) 周家誼: It seems cannot work well in Kiwi
It seems cannot work well in Kiwi(a browser on Android which can use extensions)
- (2019-07-31, v:1.4.0) Notr Zant: Doesn't sync every change
Syncing from one device's Chrome to another, I may get all the changes, or I may not. Add 6 bookmarks? Might see 6, might see 2. Uninstalled and reinstalled, tried different sync IDs...and of course I usually don't know if it's one of the random times I'm getting stuff dropped, since it usually seems to work fine and I don't check, so any losses then just get synced back to the other machine and I've lost them forever. If I can find the beta I will cautiously try that but this has already brought so much loss I would have been better off with nothing. If the beta doesn't work out I think it's only right for me to leave a review saying your data is at serious risk if you try this; I hope it does work out.
- (2019-07-11, v:1.4.0) Chris Nagle: Not syncing after changing bookmarks
I have installed this on Chrome and Firefox on 3 different PCs. Not syncing after changing bookmarks on 1 PC between different browser or other PCs. I add bookmarks, move bookmarks and delete bookmarks but ALL the browser revert to the previous instance where the added bookmarks are not there, the removed bookmarks are back and the moved bookmarks are changed back to the original folders. Why is this happening? I did a test and added a single bookmark on Chrome, left it overnight and it was removed.
- (2019-07-11, v:1.4.0) Thomas Gallot: pas de connection sur mozilla ni sur google chrome.
je viens de m inscrire sur https://api.xbrowsersync.org/ .. je n arrive pas a me connecter sur mozilla ni sur google chrome.. donnez moi mes mot de passe , email , mon idententifiant sur xbrowsersync .* thomasgall [email protected]
- (2019-04-03, v:1.4.0) Ingo Korndörfer: Latest version 1.5beta
Hi, after having endless trouble with duplicated bookmarks I installed the 1.5beta and it SEEMS this fixed the problems. But have to test more, since I am only slowly updating all my platforms. However, one issue seems consistent ... I cannot anymore cut and paste userid and after that the password for my existing sync from my password manager. i can cut and paste the id, but the moment the browser looses focus when i go to cut and paste the password, the dropdown disappears, and with it the user id. this was not the case with 1.4 Ingo
- (2019-02-20, v:1.4.0) Meth Methanoid: I looked at this extension AGES ago...
Can you tell me if it syncs my bookmarks every time any change to the bookmarks is detected or at a regular interval. The former is much better and what XMarks used to do. I am hoping this is the true replacement for XMarks I have been looking for. Chrome's own Sync is 100% UNRELIABLE...... Thanks, James
- (2018-10-12, v:1.4.0) Mark Cordingley: New Permissions (Chrome)
Hello, I am investigating the recent change in permissions required for the Chrome extension. Permissions: Read and change all your data on the websites you visit Is there some documentation available that explains/justifies this new requirement? So far I really like xBrowserSync. Thank-you very much and best regards! Cheers, Mark
- (2018-10-11, v:1.4.0) Rajeswar khan: Why need additional permission suddenly
Why suddenly it needs permission to read and change data on websites I visit? What has changed in between?
- (2018-10-10, v:1.3.1) Benjamin Christensen: Permissions
I would love to use this - but why does it need permission to read and change data on websites I visit? Why isn't bookmarks access enough?