Flexible start page that makes your data available in a single view.
Practical Startpage is a simple yet powerful, allowing easy access to browser data, such as bookmarks and history. (Permissions are used by the widgets to show or edit the data as applicable, and storage to remember settings.) - Responsive Design, adjust to all screens - Configurable, you can decide what widgets go where - Open Source, you can develop your own widgets (GitHub) - Bookmark tree with text search and bookmark editor - Quicklinks with link from bookmark folder of your choice - History, Apps, etc. from chrome - RSS Feed for e.g. news - Gmail unread badge
- (2019-10-19) Christophe Petchanatz: great simple clear i just regret not able to darg & drop link to the page thank you !!!
- (2019-03-11) Jean-Paul Damrell: It's a good idea but there's an issue with the black bar that contains the home button, bug submission button, and settings... It gets stuck in a particular position that blocks a bunch of my shortcuts. I've reported it through the bug submission tool but I've read that the developer working on themes instead of fixing the bug. I hope that's "new themes in addition to..." :\
- (2019-02-02) James Orvis: Great extension. It seems a little unfinished with only a single badge available? Either way a dark theme would bring it to a 5 star.
- (2018-09-20) Maciej Żurawek: Very nice, I like simplicity and I count on further development. I hope that there will be more badges, eg Hangout, and the most important for me - DARK THEME!
- (2018-05-10) ra ra: Like the iChrome xtn, nothing seems to happen. Other start pages work fine
- (2018-01-23) Danila Andreev: Perfect!
- (2018-01-09) kanzhi zheng: This is a perfect startpage! RSS page can't use. Can change this page to something like notepad? let us write some words in it like memorandum.
- (2017-11-28) Totti B: Was mir fehlt, ist die Anpassung der Spalten. Bei großen Monitoren wird nur in der Breite automatisch angepasst. In der Höhe leider nicht. Hier ist mein halber Monitor leer. Die Synch zwischen Rechnern funktioniert nicht wirklich gut und meine Quicklinks verschwinden nach der Nutzung an einem anderen Rechner auf Beiden. Lästig. Die müssen immer wieder neu eingepflegt werden. Dennoch ein top Tool!
- (2016-09-06) Drewy Gilbert: Legit as [email protected]!
- (2016-08-23) Great, simple start page. Only one request - theming or an alternate dark theme (even just exposing the css) would be great.
- (2016-05-24) Mr. Sage: Been using other start pages forever but in the end they all seem to get cluttered and just turn into a mess. Love the simplicity of this product.
- (2016-04-28) Ehab Lajin: simple UI and has all features that i need. keep up the good work
- (2016-04-25) Alexandra K: Замечательное расширение. Главные плюсы для меня - список закладок на стартовой странице, и полное отсутствие социально-рекламных приблуд! Единственное, я бы добавила побольше настроек - например, вкладка Top Sites мне вооще не нужна. A wonderful extension. The main advantages for me are - the list of bookmarks on the start page, and complete absence of social-advertising gadgets! The only thing I would have added more settings - for example the tabs, such as "Top Sites" do not need me.
- (2016-02-28) Michael Xz: Amazing... I was using "The Incredible Start Page" for the same reasons, accessing a lot of bookmarked sites.. but this is a much better implementation of the same idea. One request though, please support middle click (to open a tab in the background, just like ctrl-click does, thanks) and if you could add the ability to search history, that would really be wonderful
- (2015-12-08) William Burt: Back to basics. Simple, clean design. Useful, uncluttered without all the unwanted debris. Nice work.
- (2015-08-28) Poul Hansen: Just what I was looking for, no Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber backgrounds, no huge lists and slow loading news... Just quick access and overview of what I usually use and my bookmarks..
- (2015-08-10) Marcin Kurzeja: Simplicity is best ;-)
- (2015-08-01) Albert Indra Santoso: Perfect! A simple, lightweight, and clean start page for your chrome.
- (2015-07-24) Mikhail Lukyanov: Никаких рюшечек, только самое главное- простота и функциональность.
- (2015-07-22) Bryan Stark: Very quick to load with less clutter than most start pages and customizable with the links in bookmarks.
- (2015-04-03) Robert Marciniec: clean and useful !
- (2015-03-16) Clement Dutu: Great and useful! Thx, Paul!
- (2015-03-06) David Hebb: I rated this as a good extension as I really like the idea. I found on my Linux Ubuntu 14.04 lts that it was giving a "page not found" on opening the new tab. I am assuming on the new tab open it is meant to come up. Great idea. If you don't want this review up let me no. Its no problem me removing it.
- (2015-10-18, v:1.1.2) cedric mael: CRASHES WEN YOU TRY TO SEACH THE BOOKMARKS
CRASHES WEN YOU TRY TO SEACH THE BOOKMARKS
- (2015-09-15, v:1.1.2) Jacob R: We'll love this
A couple ideas: Instead of the default white background, use our theme. Customization for the tabs, so that we can remove/add things such as the bookmarks bar.
- (2015-07-25, v:1.1.2) Bryan Stark: colapsable bookmarks pane
I would like to suggest that the bookmarks pane should be collapsable so that more room can be used, or so that the page loads even faster.
- (2015-06-03, v:1.1.2) Dalton Parsons: Optimization for Touch Screen
First off, this is an incredible extension. Smartest and most simple version of exactly what is needed. Thank you! Ok, for the suggestion: In the middle section, it would be great if there were either 2 or 3 size options for the buttons or ability to set width/height/padding/margin. On Desktop, everything is great. On touchscreen, would be nice if there were just a little more size/space. Thanks again!
- (2015-04-03, v:1.1.0) Александр Жук: More deep history
As far as I see, history on start page is displayed for today and yesterday. Is it possible to add an option to display N last days? Also it would be great to select should it be N last astronomical days or N last days logged by Chrome.
- (2015-03-16, v:1.0.0) Clement Dutu: Improvement recom
Bookmarks tab: - Create new folder - Sort bookmarks - right click and "Use for Quick Links" also for individual bookmarks (not only for entire folders) -> in Quick Links tab you should group also different bookmarks from different folders, by folder/category History tab: - Group descending (eventually hierarchically by date) - possibility to delete a selection/range of history (last day/week/year) Bottom black band: Ugly!
- (2015-03-06, v:0.2.2) David Hebb: Found to be not working
I rated this as a good extension as I really like the idea. I found on my Linux Ubuntu 14.04 lts that it was giving a "page not found" on opening the new tab. I am assuming on the new tab open it is meant to come up. Great idea though. I have put the review up in the same words. If you'd like me to I can remove the review. Let me no.