Copycat is a clipboard extension that allows you to copy and paste text and images from anywhere on the web.
Copycat is a free clip board extension that allows you to copy selected text and images from anywhere on the web and store those clips in our extension. Then you can copy stored clips to your clipboard and paste those clips from your clipboard to anywhere. No account or registration required. Use the Copycat browser extension to: * Copy and store text and images while keeping a reference to the page they came from. * Organize clipped text and images by date. * Search through all copied clips. * Paste copied clips into an online editor, like Google Drive, Google Docs, Microsoft OneDrive or Office365. * Toggle the extension on/off by clicking the extension icon. Copycat is offered free by Follett School Solutions, Inc.
- (2020-10-01) Floofy Tanker: It doesn't copy it to your clipboard anymore.
- (2017-11-22) Em_Ay Dubl_U: excellent extension thank you
- (2017-05-24) Tahor Sui Juris: Excellent. Any possibility to add citation, like Google Docs "Explore/Research" ? 12/5/16 juln said: Hi everyone, Thanks for your continued feedback on the Explore feature. The team heard your feedback about the citation feature and, as of today, it is again available in Docs. To access citations, please follow the below instructions: Open a document in Google Docs. At the bottom right, click Explore Explore. You might see images or information you can use to help finish your work. Topics: To see search results for topics related to your document, click the title. Images: To preview an image, click the image. To use an image, hover over the image and click Insert Add. Related research: You’ll see research related to what’s in your document. To add a quote, hover over the text and click Insert Add. Citations: To add a citation from the web, hover over the search result and click Cite as footnote Cite as footnote. To set the citation style as MLA, APA, or Chicago, click More More. Thanks for your patience and helpful feedback! ============
- (2016-12-07) Emma: Super handy, loved using it for school work!
- (2016-01-25) Paul Boucher: Very handy. Very simple to use. Google Drive support. Must have app for research.
- (2016-01-24) Nate Schmolze: As I was looking at Chrome extensions last night I came upon CopyCat. Copycat is created by Follett Labs which is a book / ebook distributor for K12 education. Copycat is an extension which allows you to copy text and images and store them in the extension itself. You can easily turn the extension on and off, but when on you see a small tab on the left side of your browser. Any time you see a text selection or image you'd like to copy simply right click to either copycat this selection or image. Clicking on the tab gives you access to all your Copycats which are organized by date. All of the Copycats include the originating url for later reference. I found the searching of Copycats to be quite accurate. This could be beneficial if you have lots of Copycats. Follett Labs suggests two use scenarios; teachers gathering information from a variety of sources for a document, and students completing a research project. I found this extension useful for this blog post and plan on using it in the future. This extension could be useful to a variety of users whose workflow is dependent on the web. Copycat is a great alternative to a site like Diigo which last year had some major security / privacy issues. With Copycat the data resides in the extension itself not some third party site. A feature I would love to see is integration between Copycat and Google Drive. That would be the simplest and most secure way to give you access to Copycat from multiple devices. http://goo.gl/EsfE6M
- (2019-06-01, v:0.1.62) Floofy Tanker: The copy button doesn't work anymore,
I opened my left tab after copying some images from reddit and when I pressed copy and pasted it on messenger, it didn't appear.
- (2019-02-03, v:0.1.62) Marnie Larocque: view stuff i have copied
how and were do i view stuff i have copied with copy cat
- (2019-01-02, v:0.1.62) Em_Ay Dubl_U: plain text note taking
Suggesting a place for taking quick notes. Thank you awesome app...kudos
- (2018-08-28, v:0.1.62) Tammy Ubach: closing copycat
Your tool pops up in left side of my screen with no x to close. It takes up half my page when trying to e mail and I don't know how to close it.
- (2018-05-15, v:0.1.62) -Work Martinwulf-Work: Improvement
After I copycat several items from one page, i'd like to be able to paste them all with one action. So I could put them all into a document with "one click". So if I could highlight all the copycats off the app popout that i want to paste. Then when i paste into a google doc, all those appear. that would be amazing for note taking. thanks.
- (2018-02-17, v:0.1.62) Jay Mac: Just A thought...
Please put my real name as the developer. Thank you, have a nice day. '<@@>','(Jim headrick)Aka unknown.
- (2016-11-29, v:0.1.62) Scott B: Please make these changes
Please make the extension button open the window instead of having a tab hanging on the side it is very annoying to see that there. Also in the window please have an extra tab for items that are from the specific domain you are on only. With these changes it would be perfect.