Increase the speed & privacy of your browsing. Skip/remove tracking parameters & redirects from URLs to keep them shorter & cleaner.
Tracking Stripper: Some sites and email lists use links that contain url tracking tokens and tracking parameters (e.g. "utm_source=blah") in order to keep statistics on the source of traffic visiting their sites. URL Tracking Stripper will strip URL tracking parameters from URLs to keep them short and cleaner for sharing, bookmarking, instant messaging, etc. This extension removes URL tracking parameters, URL tracking tokens, and UTM tracking tokens like Google Analytics™ (UTM) / Urchin™, Marketo™, Adobe Omniture SiteCatalyst™, MailChimp and others, with more being added as I find them or people ask me. Redirect Skipper: Some sites (like Google Search results, links in Gmail emails, links in Facebook, or those that are part of affiliate networks) wrap the links on their pages in a quick redirect that is meant to cookie/track you before passing you on to the target URL. Often times this practice is disguised and not shown in the "hover" URL, but if you watch the network requests it sure does happen. This extension will detect such redirects that it knows about and skip them altogether, instead going straight to the target URL. Currently supports Google Search Results redirects, with more being added as I find them or people ask me. Context Menu / Right-Click: The extension will also install a Context Menu ("right-click") item that will be available on "link-like" elements on web pages. When chosen, this menu item will copy the element URL, skip any known redirect it may contain, then strip any tracking parameters from the target URL, and finally make that cleansed URL available in your clipboard. This is handy for automatically cleaning up any links you want to copy, but without having to click on them first. You can choose from several different "stripping methods" to suit your speed & privacy preferences. The extension's icon will "activate" when a URL has been altered by this extension and it will show you what the original URL was. It also allows you to load that original URL unaltered if you like, which is useful if you are experiencing issues or want the full URL to load for whatever reason. This is literally the Extension that I would want for this purpose and that's why I wrote it! Contact me for any requests or to add more trackers to block!
- (2020-01-28) Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov: Is it only me, who catched this addon on inserting ADs when runnning in incognito mode?
- (2020-01-10) Ian Gardocki: Does not work when clicking a link on any page I tried it on. Right-click context menu > Clean and open in new tab - does nothing.
- (2019-12-31) Joe H: It was working great until today, 12/31/2019 and all of a sudden it stopped working. I have no idea why. I gave it 3 stars but when it was working I'd say it was 5 stars. The only reason I dropped 2 stars is because it stopped working.
- (2019-12-05) Artem Russakovskii: Used to be good, but now breaks links in many cases when clicking on affiliate links. Took a while to track down the culprit.
- (2019-11-06) Google User: Doesn't work at all. Those who claim it does work are either fibbing or subject to the placebo effect. I have not had any link been stripped of any tracker using this add-on, none, zip. My script blocker prevents me from being re-routed to the re-routed to the supposed clean but it's actually the "dirty" site and I can clearly see the trashy url the site is using. Nothing is stripped or cleaned. As such, I just google the name of the site I want to go to and go from there. This URL Tracking Stripper & Redirect Skipper is useless and now, dead to me. REMOVED.
- (2019-09-05) Robert Bradley: Just installed it 2019-07-06. It looks good so far. Facebook garbage? __tn__=lC-R --- Some of the values I've seen: [ lC-R | lC-R.g | %2CdC-R-R | C | -R ] eid=... <== Looks like just tracking of some sort. The value is many "random" characters like the value for fbclid=... on external links. However, some websites use this as "Event ID" so it might need to be limited to Facebook. timeline_context_item_type=intro_card_work timeline_context_item_source=######### Check links in the "Intro" section of someone's profile for examples of some of the above parameters. fref=tag <== just identifies referring page elements --- [tag | mentions ] hc_location=... fb_action_ids=... <== Not sure if these are useful or not on Facebook, but I don't think so. More tracking like "utm": Example: https://www.tripit.com/blog/2016/11/7-expert-tips-dining-company-dollar.html?us=twitter&um=socialpost (Came from https://bit.ly/2fFv9GS+ link shared on the TripIt https://www.facebook.com/tripitcom/posts/10156894485647182 page.) (Came from https://www.tripit.com/blog/2018/11/make-long-flight-comfortable.html?us=twitter&um=socialpost&uc=LongFlightComfortable https://bit.ly/2Q2cRnm+ link shared on the TripIt https://www.facebook.com/tripitcom/posts/10156899003732182 page.)
- (2019-08-24) Anton Nimos: Works just as described. Would recommend for anyone that likes not being tracked by Facebook, Google, and their ilk.
- (2019-08-18) DexyStorm: Doesnt work
- (2019-08-07) M M: i think adblock works worst when this shtt is installed and allows even more shtt redirect sites . DOESNT WORK DO NOT WAST YOUR TIME- developer go to kat.tv and learn how to block on there
- (2019-07-25) n ascentt: sadly doesnt seem to work for much. tried on hotukdeals which is full of affiliate links that constantly trigger ublock origin, this doesnt seem to strip anything
- (2019-06-25) Adrian Miller: Sorry, but does not work, latest chromium.....
- (2019-04-22) Prank Cake: Amazing thx! I can finally strip urls for my programming projects much easier! :))))
- (2018-12-27) Echo Vector: Works precisely as intended. 10/10!
- (2018-11-15) J Clifton Meek: Never worked, meaning not even once. Right-click tracking cleaner actually removed the intended URL from the string. Don't waste your time.
- (2018-09-26) Paul Schneider: Seems to work OK. If there were a way to make it the default behavior when clicking a link on certain domains (e.g. messenger.com) that would be great!
- (2018-05-26) Henry Cannon: I installed this. I moused over a link in youtube and it was still the redirect. I clicked it and it still went to the redirect page for an instant.
- (2018-03-18) K Ronnie: It did not stop page from redirecting.
- (2018-01-27) Loppzor Koff: Great addon, but really needs a whitelist so you can disable it for sites it breaks.
- (2016-07-17) Jenn Ng: Works perfectly. Does what I need it to do.