Capture full frame screenshots of video from YouTube, Netflix, Vimeo, Hulu, etc. No player controls or watermarks.
This extension allows you to download full resolution screenshots of YouTube, Netflix, Vimeo, Amazon Prime, and videos on most other websites without seeing the player controls or the surrounding webpage. Once installed, click on the extension button in the top right of Chrome to choose which sites Video Screenshot will appear on. The extension starts with only YouTube, Netflix, Vimeo, Amazon and Hulu activated. When a video begins to play, you'll see a camera icon appear alongside the normal player controls. Each time you click the camera button or a keyboard shortcut of your choosing, a screenshot is created of the video from its current frame. The screenshot is then either saved in your downloads folder as a JPG or PNG, or copied to your clipboard. Since this extension is reliant on other websites, it will need to be updated periodically as those websites evolve. Please contact me directly if you have issues with this extension on either of these sites, or if you have any suggestions!
- (2020-10-18) Sebastian Somera: works great, I only wished it was able to grab subtitles from netflix.
- (2020-10-12) Von Bari: Great alternative
- (2020-10-07) hen C: good
- (2020-10-05) Rick Gates: It's a great idea, but it doesn't work on paid movies on Youtube or Amazon. It does work on Netflix, but not on HBOMax.
- (2020-09-23) diamondxstress Art: Nice! This extension is really helpful to save some of the moments of some videos
- (2020-09-22) Jinsuke Inoue: great!
- (2020-09-21) Jonas Herseth: Does what's advertised. love that I can save directly to clipboads. Wish I could specify custom save location though,
- (2020-09-19) Shawn: I like the premise of this extension, but it doesn't work on either Netflix or Hulu. It just gives a black screen instead of any sort of screenshot.
- (2020-09-13) Khắc Tâm Trần: Very Good
- (2020-09-10) Annette Wong: Great and easy extension for video sceengrabs!
- (2020-09-04) Stephen Petrey: SUPER helpful. Much appreciated.
- (2020-09-03) Alexandra Zaharia: Good
- (2020-08-30) Debayan Bhattacharjee: Usable
- (2020-08-30) Drew Kondo: I used this to capture images from Vimeo. It got them at 1920x1080 resolution. I'm happy.
- (2020-08-30) Firstname McLastname: Worked fine until recently. No number of clicks saves a screenshot even after restarting.
- (2020-08-30) K C: Having a difficult time using it. For some reason, even though I have it installed and have refreshed my tab, I can't find the screenshot in the native toolbar for Hulu. Just to test it out, I also tried to screenshot manually by setting a screenshot shortcut (Ctrl + 1). Nothing happened. No such problem with YouTube, though -- found the screenshot button easily in the toolbar, and was able to screenshot using my shortcut as well. Lemme know what I can do to fix this when you can. Thanks so much.
- (2020-08-29) Gabriel Ferreira: does not work on netflix
- (2020-08-26) PK4rsvp Lim: Amazing Extension and works great for Netflix, Youtube and other videos, however I am having problem with Facebook. The "camera" icon is shown at the top right corner on the Facebook video page but it is not clickable for screenshot. When clicked, it is similar to clicking the page to off/on the video play. Please advise.
- (2020-07-28) Amberlay Ruíz Serrano: Es excelente como se acopla a casi cualquier caja de reproducción de video de cualquier sitio de internet
- (2020-07-26) Tony Nguyen: It help me alot. Thanks
- (2020-07-12) Karen McFarland: It's such a simple thing but it works really well, it's perfect for what I needed
- (2020-07-11) Manhcuong Vu: Good
- (2020-07-10) Frank Acosta: the only thing i dont like is that i cant find screenshot button in netflix so i was wondering if there was a way i could find it so can you tell me where to look please
- (2020-07-08) Kevin Is Nice: epic
- (2020-06-25) Rebecca Dalimonte: Would love to screencap with or without subtitles, but otherwise this is a pretty great extension that works fairly reliably on a number of mainstream streaming sites that have started to block screencapping. My only concern is that the most recent update asks to access downloads and I'm not sure why it would need to?