Makes links of Bible refs for included King James Bible. View via popup or window. Supports reference entry and searching.
Popverse is a stand-alone Bible reference linking system that allows users to view the King James Bible text of any reference on an online or local webpage in a popup or separate browser window. Popverse has powerful features not found with other linking systems, * Fully Self-Contained; KJV Bible Included PopVerse does not rely on online sources. The entire King James Bible text is included and access to it is instantaneous. It works perfectly offline. * Instant Reference Context Viewing Clicking a linked reference will cause a small browser "Chapter Window" to open showing the entire Bible chapter with highlighted references(s). * Context Menu Verse List A Right-click will open a Verse List from References option where the text of all the Bible references on a page will be loaded in the "Verse List Window." * Easy Reference Entry A simple click of the PopVerse icon will open a Quick Reference Entry where the user can enter a reference to view. Entries can also be made in the Chapter Window. * Easy Bible Searching Enter word(s) in entry in PopVerse Icon page or under Search Tab to search the Bible. Wildcards are optional. A concise search hit frequency chart is also generated. * Optional Cross References Display In the Chapter Window there is a button to turn on key cross references for each verse from the Treasury of Scripture Knowledge. Up to four cross references will be shown. * Freedom From Unwanted Promotion The user is in full control and is never taken off the current page to an online web page which can include ads, nag messages, and other promotions. Popverse works automatically. It will instantly scan every page you visit for Bible references and link them to the included King James Bible text. Changelog -------------------- v2.0.1 - Added tabbed interface - Added Search function with interactive hit chart - Verse list is automatically generated when tab is selected - Added several other visual features and enhancements v1.0.8 - Will now work with image maps - Correct errors in cross-references v1.0.6 - Updated to work with Chrome 50 - Fixed issue with corrupted layout on some web pages v1.0.5 - Option to View Key TSK Cross-References in Chapter Window - Ability to Instantly Toggle Cross-Reference Panel On/Off - Verse Entry Available in Chapter Window - Option to Link Partial references (i.e. "3:16") - Verse List References Are Now Links - Several Appearance Modifications v0.9 - New Options Page - Can Select Popup and Window Color - Ability to Enable/Disable PopVerse from Icon - A Badge on Icon Showing Number of Inserted Links on Page - Now Blocks "Remote Linking Scripts" allowing pages to be Linked by PopVerse - Can Now Recognize Even More References v0.7 - Added Reference Entry capability under icon. - Size and Position of chapter and verse list windows is now saved. - Added Prev/Next chapter buttons to Chapter Display Window. - Can now right-click on links for verse list menu. - Slightly modified reference finding code to link more references. v0.5 - Initial Release
- (2019-02-09) Will Daly: It's good, but would like options for other translations like NIV or ESV.
- (2018-07-17) Edson Byamukama: The best useful extension on my Chrome browser. Wonderful, wonderful. Thank you so much.
- (2017-10-06) Jason Dean: I love this app on Chrome. It's fast, well designed, super simple, and a pleasure to use. I also really like the cross-references on the popup, the fact that it shows the verses in context of the chapter, the highlighting, and the colors are great too. I've started editing my pages to optimize for it so my users get the most out of it! I would love to see it be able to link chapters directly and provide a Bible version option, but overall it's an A+ gadget.
- (2017-09-09) Ashok Kumar: Great Job I love it, God Bless you for given the tool.
- (2017-06-25) Joe W: Exactly what I was looking for! Great Job!
- (2017-06-15) Isaac Xin Pei: This is an awesome Bible apps on Chrome. Very fast and user friendly. I only hope it can also have a standard alone window when launching on chromebook. I would give this 6 stars if there are 6 stars!
- (2017-04-08) Scribes Scrolls: Just happened to stumble upon it. How did I miss this! This will be a very nice addition. Seems to work great and very quick. Thank You for this.
- (2017-02-08) Ian Smith: Excellent Tool
- (2017-01-26) Coleston Jones: Very Nice! :-) Just what I was looking for and the reference window was icing!
- (2016-12-16) Sammy Robbins: It opens a new world for the true Bible student!
- (2016-07-08) Lanes Church: The most used app on my computer.
- (2016-04-25) gt fr: Absolutely Awesome, Saves time. infact can know what god means through these verses while search for bible verse meanings
- (2016-02-20) David S: My favorite extension. I read more scripture while I am studying online. A real time saver.
- (2016-01-08) Tom Childers: Very good. Thanks for your work
- (2016-01-06) Tim Morton: This utility leaves me in control. The Bible text is in the extension!
- (2016-01-06) WS Bonnell: A great tool. Very fast. Any unlinked verse on a website pops up instantly.
- (2019-04-26, v:1.0.8) ori atalyah: Google error message, interference
I keep seeing a pop-up that interferes with Popverse. The pop-up error message I get is: Google Chrome OS can´t open this page. Is there any way to prevent the Google pop-up? At some websites (e.g. http://www.sabbathherald.com/lunar-sabbath-5/?fbclid=IwAR0_znPZpj1tztk26e1pZdOumdCB87qbAt4Dr19w0D8dph3-2uSo4KWSIno) there is no interference while the ones I use the most (e.g. https://www.contradictingbiblecontradictions.com/?p=784, have this issue. I'm using Chrome on a Samsung Chromebook version 3.
- (2019-02-09, v:1.0.8) Will Daly: Different translations
Are there any plans to introduce different translations? I like the KJV, but sometimes I find it a little opaque.
- (2019-01-04, v:1.0.8) how can I link sound cloud with a website
I have a new website and would like to add sound bites of my teaching sessions, how do I start?
- (2018-09-27, v:1.0.8) Lonnie Palmer: RefTagger for Google Drive
We need RefTagger to work on multi-page Google Drive documents in Google Classroom with French Bible Louis Segond 1910. Can you help us or refer us to someone who can help us?
- (2018-08-01, v:1.0.8) Michael Preston: Deletes Wordpress quotes
When working in WP-Admin, popverse highlights quotes like it should, but upon posting scripture in Wordpress, those PV-hyperlinked quotes are removed! We think it's a DOM issue. To reproduce: 1. Login to your wordpress site as wp-admin. 2. Choose a page with scripture to edit. 3. Popverse does NOT highlight quotes in the wp-edit mode. Save your post. 4. All scriptural quotes hyperlinked by PopVerse have disappeared! MP
- (2018-06-19, v:1.0.8) Lonnie Palmer: Hit and miss tagging on Google Drive document
Misses Jn 1:1 at beginning of first paragraph. Misses Jn 1:3 and Ps 33:6 in fourth paragraph. Picks up ONLY 1Jo 5:11 in sixth paragraph. Jn 1:1 ¶ Au commencement était la Parole, et la Parole était avec Dieu, et la Parole était Dieu. (Pr 8:22-23,30; Joh 17:5; Php 2:6; Col 1:17; 1Jo 1:1-2; 5:7; Re 1:2; 19:13) Lè Yégô dji lê si zongo wê bo ta niîn bogo. Hèrè ho dô "Ho naga gou pèrèôn" ho sînaka lèè Jésus nîîn bogo lè Yégô. A ho naga lè Jésus hè Yégô djigalèi zongo nako a bogo i. Jn 1:2 Elle était au commencement avec Dieu. (Ge 1:1) Jn 1:3 Toutes choses ont été faites par elle, et rien de ce qui a été fait n'a été fait sans elle. (Ps 33:6; Joh 1:10; Eph 3:9; Col 1:16; Heb 1:2; Re 4:11) Hèrè Nogbîgo rè nîîn bogo a hôn hè Yégô, hînî lè hînî si si-zono pèè. Si-zono wè ka nîîngo bogo lè hôôn dji lè si wôn. Jn 1:4 En elle était la vie, et la vie était la lumière des hommes. (Joh 5:26; 8:12; 9:5; 12:35,46; 1Jo 5:11)
- (2018-05-15, v:1.0.8) Issue with kinja.com websites
Enable popverse, browse to deals.kinja.com, and get a never-ending resizeobserver loop error. Disabling popverse fixes it, but please fix the issue so I can keep it turned on!
- (2018-04-27, v:1.0.8) Lonnie Palmer: not all references tagged #2
April 11 no references tagged. April 25 two references on first page tagged. April 27 verses 1, 3, 7 out of 1-9 not tagged on first page. No other verses tagged after 1st page.
- (2018-04-25, v:1.0.8) Lonnie Palmer: not all references tagged
Have a chromebook using popverse on a 35 page google document located on google drive. Popverse skips Jn 1:1 in first paragraph and taggs Jn 1:2 in second paragraph then ignores following references in rest of document.
- (2018-03-11, v:1.0.8) wifi
will it work without internt