Limit the number of open tabs. Automatically close previous tabs.
Limit the number of open tabs. Tabs are automatically closed when you surpass the limit, based on a rule you can specify. Options allow to 1. set the tab limit 2. specify the discard rule 3. leave the pinned tabs untouched 4. show the current number of tabs in the icon The following discard rules are included: Either close the oldest tab, the newest tab (avoids auto-closing tabs), the least recently used tab, the least frequently used tab, or a random tab. Source code: https://github.com/steven2358/NuffTabs
- (2017-04-20) Kirk Mitchell: Simple. Does what it says. Good options for what tabs to close (newest, oldest, etc). I like the option to pin tabs I want it to ignore. That lets me have perma-open tabs (like email) while the others are taken care of. Thanks developer.
- (2016-02-21) Josef H.: Perfection. Thank you.
- (2015-07-22) Beatrice Gatta: Suddenly stopped working and can't access to the options anymore
- (2015-05-07) Sarah Lasair Berry: Oh my goodness! I swear that nearly every developer on this store is OBSESSED with closing the OLDER tabs! YOU ARE MY HERO BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT!!! People don't seem to realise that I have older tabs open for a reason. I'd rather it prevent me from opening newer tabs than destroying the ones I already have. ;)
- (2014-09-15) Alex Johnson: This is a good plugin which does what it says. The only feature it's missing is the option to prompt before closing a tab. Instead, it just closes it automatically. What if opening a new tab closes the blog post you've spent an hour writing? Doesn't have to be a default, but an option would be nice.
- (2014-09-10) Jaime Guajardo: Does exactly what it needs to do with different options of how to close tabs when limit is reached. Good job.
- (2014-03-12, v:0.4) Lewis Shaw: New Discard Rule
Have a rule that puts discarded tabs put into a temp bookmark folder. Would be pretty sweet!