A stationary button that closes the current tab. Clean up tabs with less effort.
The "Close Tab" extension provides a stationary button that closes the currently selected tab. This saves time visually hunting down the active tab and provides consistency for the user. Very simple. The icon is designed to work with dark and light themes. *Note: You can also press Ctrl + W to close tabs (when keyboard input isn't being captured by a plugin). *Note: If the icon gets hidden by Chrome, you can get your icon back by pinning it. It happens sometimes. :) *Added: Protect pinned tabs (Options Screen) P.S. Have you found a bug? Email address is provided in the options screen. Happy browsing.
- (2021-09-17) Adil Printer: Simple extension to close a tab. does its job well. also has option to not close pinned tabs. useful.
- (2021-08-13) Chris Vydas: Didn't work, kiwi mobile Chrome
- (2020-12-22) P2 CS: This is always the first extension I install when setting up a new browser. It's simple to use and clean. Does what it says on the tin. Saved me countless times from closing the wrong tab, which happens more than I like to admit when I don't use this button.
- (2019-06-11) Miguel Mota: Does not do what it's suppose to do.
- (2019-02-18) ROIDSRIM: Hi Extension User and Maker Five Star Over ~ [ Monday 23:10:00 Pm_18 February 2019 ]
- (2019-01-18) Peter Wojcik: This extension is fairly good but I cannot seem to be able to close tabs that are not selected (e.g. the other tabs) as they do not have the 'x' close button on them but hopefully it would get implemented in the future again, but a close option for tabs other than the selected one would be great. It is fairly good, but it could have closing multiple tabs if there was any improvement to be made. Thanks!
- (2018-11-12) Tomi Antenna: Does what it says.
- (2018-10-08) Tj H: just what I needed on my Chromebook since the details ui is dumb and really hard to press things
- (2018-06-27) Sam Nordberg: Perfect and simple. Personally, I give the extension a custom keyboard shortcut at chrome://extensions/shortcuts so that I can close tabs with one single keypress.
- (2018-01-13) Sam White: Simply works! Love it :)
- (2017-10-22) Отлично работает. Единственный минус - нельзя расположить кнопку в панели вкладок.
- (2017-09-27) Grant Hall: works
- (2017-08-20) Daniel Nienhaus: Super helpful on touchscreen Chromebooks!
- (2017-05-24) Alfonso Reimunde: Simple y efectiva. ¡Debería venir con Chrome! Simple and gets the job done. It should be in Chrome from the start!
- (2017-05-09) Jack Ripper: Schließt über den Toolbar-Button nur den aktuellen Tab. Das kann Chrome über das X-im Tab auch alleine.
- (2017-03-05) kim ochocki: awesoome app. thanks.
- (2016-09-13) Jorge F: Excelente lo recomiendo.
- (2016-05-05) Manuel Chaves: Thanks I was looking for this and wasn't finding it. I knew there HAD to exist one, or I was going to be forced to write one.
- (2015-09-20) Weng F: I needed a stationary button where I know to go to when I want to close the current tab or multiple tabs. Great extension - makes my workflow smoother :)
- (2015-07-28) Dan Atkinson: I use this on a Windows tablet where the close button on the tab bar is smaller than my fingertip. Very simple but a good solution!
- (2015-03-31) Wayne Ellis: Excellent. I use it all the time and it saves a lot of time. Thanks.
- (2015-03-02) Michele Pes: First Extension!
- (2015-01-26) Hal Zenner: Exactly what I was looking for. I like Firefox's implementation, and this comes close. (1) The main enhancement I would like is to make the "x" larger and more prominent. Maybe a colored "X" that fills in the entire space allotted to the icon. (2) This may not be possible: an option to put the "X" on the tab bar ... probably all the way on the left, so it's not confused with "close window."
- (2014-11-27) Rubin Charles: Best extension, this should have been in Chrome to being with!
- (2014-09-19) Benjamin: makes a simple task easier and more convenient.
- (2014-08-01) Arpad Orfi: Simple and neat. :-)
- (2014-05-19) Pavel Vraj: This is exactly, what I was looking for. I missed this button in Chrome. Perfect
- (2014-03-27) Zheng Shang: Good Job! This is very helpful when using Windows 8 by touchscreen. The original close button on the tab is simply too small to tap. Like others have noted, another convenient alternative is the chrome default hot key "Ctrl+W".
- (2019-08-13, v:1.4.3) Mark Brown: Problem or not
This plugin has worked great untill recently, it is broke in Chrome Version 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)?
- (2018-01-29, v:1.4.3) Manish Khedekar: Closing tab function
How do the closing tab function is working ? Are you using 'window.close()' or any other method ?
- (2015-06-29, v:1.4.3) Vince Aggrippino: stopped working
It stopped working. I'm not sure why. There's no error or anything else to indicate that anything has happened when I click the Close Tab button.
- (2014-08-06, v:1.4.1) Periklis Gogas: Delay
Recently the close tab button takes approx 2-5 seconds to close the tab after clicking on it... especially when many tabs are open.
- (2014-06-14, v:1.2) rat whispers: Disallow Use with Pinned Tabs
Is it possible to configure your extension with an option to disallow it's use from closing a pinned tab? This would be handy for those of us who accidentally end up closing the whole browser by accident by closing the last tab.
- (2013-10-23, v:1.2) Mike Callan: Stopped working / not working as well.
The latest chrome Version 30.0.1599.101 m now puts buttons in a stupid drop box making the close tab button two clicks away. Why google did this, who knows. Can you fix it? I hope so.