Creates a New Tab when you are at your last tab to prevent the window from closing.
A lightweight extension that prevents Chrome from closing when the last tab is closed. It uses the naive and very simple method of opening a new tab when there is only one tab left. Another way to look at it is that it try to ensure that there are at least 2 tabs. Features event page to ensure that it unloads when not needed. No options and nothing flashy to warrant a screenshot :P Making this extension as simple as possible. Decided to make this as Chrome Toolbox doesn't work anymore on recent Chrome versions. ================= CHANGELOG: 0.95 [04/04/2021] - remove 'tabs' permission as its not necessary 0.94 [31/05/2014] - set the active tab back to the first tab - remove use of deprecated property 0.93 [22/04/2014] - changed a deprecated api call - hopefully fix unclosable main Chrome window if theres a Chrome app loaded as a separate window 0.92 [22/12/12] - changed the delay method of the timer 0.91 [28/11/12] - added a delay to the tab creation method 0.90 [26/11/12] - first version ================= KNOWN BUG (probably fixed): As the function that creates the new tab locks for about 1 second to alleviate the problem of multiple new tabs opening on operations like using 'close tabs to the right' on a large number of tabs: - there may be times where the new tab does not show up (e.g fast closing of tab, faster than 1 second when the function is still locked) or - there may be times when more than one new tabs show up (e.g using 'close tabs to the right' on a large number of tabs, slower than 1 second thus triggering the function again).
- (2022-10-20) Denis Koshelev: Отличное расширение, работает как надо!
- (2022-08-06) chase carter: 👍
- (2022-02-17) Luca: Works fine, could you post the code on GitHub? I would like to create such an extension :)
- (2021-09-16) Newtomic: I'm sorry but this Extension doesn't do what it says "Creates a New Tab when you are at your last tab to prevent the window from closing.", instead it maintains 2 tabs open in any window at all times, it's just a bad workaround/hack to the problem, not a real solution.
- (2020-12-04) Mojtaba Vahdati: It keeps "two" new tabs open and it's annoying. I expected only "one' tab to remain open when I didn't need any tabs.
- (2020-11-11) Idris Dragon: Overcomes Chrome's most annoying feature
- (2020-11-10) Niko: 一般般 会出现2个标签页
- (2016-11-16) Jozef Mikušinec: Cannot drag tabs to a different window, because a new tab is immediately created in a new window. Also, sometimes the new tab is opened with significant delay so it's possible to close window. Still useful against accidentally closing chrome :)
- (2016-10-14) ntx franklee: Good Job!
- (2016-04-21) Nova Leary: It doesn't do anything
- (2015-12-13) Chenfeng Bao: It works
- (2015-11-30) 轻风飘影: very good ,最后的标签页不会随便关闭了
- (2015-06-22) Chris Fong: YES, clear and simple and works wonderfully.
- (2014-12-17) Francisco Tan: The best and uncomplicated. Thank you and keep up the good work.
- (2014-07-06) Grim Cap: Работает!
- (2013-01-20) thumbs up! simple, but works!
- (2021-08-12, v:0.95) Mahdi Hasan: Close the "Pinned New tab" when there are more more than 1 tab.
1. Close the "Pinned New tab" when there are more more than 1 tab 2. Create and pin a "new tab" when there is only one tab.
- (2019-03-18, v:0.94) Ben: Access to browser history
Why does the plugin require read access to browser history?
- (2016-04-02, v:0.94) Shadow X: Option
Can you add option to "pin" the last tab to make it smaller so there is only one "new tab" window instead of two?
- (2013-01-25, v:0.92) Ming Tong: 2 tabs?
a new tab is opened when the second to last tab closes??? then when i close the last tab 2 tabs are open?! shouldn't it be the very last tab? :( please help