This extension creates a new window with the tabs to the right of the currently selected tab.
This is a simple little extension that I wanted to make my life a little easier. It lets you create a new window with the tabs to the right (optionally including the current tab) My main reason for wanting this was to more effectively make use of the 'Sesh' extension by Yuji Kosugi when I forgot to open a new window *before* opening a ton of tabs. If you have any comments, criticisms, praise, hatred, marriage proposals, fluffy bunnies, or transdimensional gateway blueprints, feel free to send them through to me at [email protected] (Make sure to mention the extension name in the subject so I know what you're talking about!) This extension is open source and can be found over on GitHub: https://github.com/0xdevalias/chrome-NewWindowWithTabsToRight
- (2021-09-04) Vince Aggrippino: I was looking for something that worked with an extension button. This adds yet another item to the already overloaded context menu.
- (2021-02-10) Michael Goldstein: Been waiting forever, finally figured I'd leave a review asking for this functionality: There's already a button on the extension-bar... Why doesn't clicking on it move all tabs (including current please) to a new window? For many of us, this would be much more convenient than opening the right-click context menu. (There can also be an options feature to toggle whether the button includes the current tab or not, but that's less of a need. I would personally choose to include the current tab every single time). I'll also try to look for your email and send this directly. Thank you and pretty please make this a feature ^_^;
- (2019-07-24) Shariq Mustaquim: Works as expected, great little helper Thanks
- (2018-05-10) Sophia Jingru: Extremely useful extension, especially for when I have a lot of tabs of homework and need to start sorting by subject. Very simple to use. Would like it if the new window was opened full screen, but that's just a minor issue.
- (2017-10-15) Алексей Градсков: Thank you! This really makes browsing with a ton of tabs a lot easier.
- (2017-04-24) T M: Ingeniously!
- (2016-07-21) Tom Readings: Simple and genuinely useful. Would be handy if available from tab right click, but not really an issue.
- (2016-03-13) cmartmozzy: Love it
- (2015-12-29) Please add the option when we right click at a tab too.
- (2014-07-20) K Karerra: Works fine, but description is wrong. It says a new window is opened, but that does not seem to be the case--it simply opens the new page in a tab to the right of the current tab--perfect.
- (2013-10-31) Noah Ledford: Simple little extension that works well.
- (2014-05-17, v:1.0.0) Ian MacRae: brilliant but!!!
You need to have this on a button in the button bar. when you have a lot of extensions the clutter up up the right click menus it is difficult to find quickly. With a button it would be much easier.