Opens a new tab to the right or left of the current one.
New Adjacent Tab allows you to open tabs to the right/left through keyboard shortcuts, the context menu, and the extension's icon. All settings are configurable and are automatically synced across your devices if you're signed in to Google Chrome. The default keyboard shortcuts are: - Alt+T to open a new tab to the right of the current one. - Alt+H to open a new tab to the left of the current one.
- (2022-06-13) Chris Lozeau: Perfect. Until Google introduces a shortcut for 'Open tab to the right', this extension delivers that. Thank you!
- (2022-06-05) Lily Soares: Doesn't access browser history like the more popular one and works exactly as I hoped.
- (2022-04-20) Jacob McDonald: Feature Request: when using this in a tab group, make the new tab stay within the tab group. Currently the new tab will open outside the tab group. Otherwise it's perfect!
- (2021-12-26) Piotr Góral: When on last tab in a group, it doesn't add new tab (to the right) to the group:(
- (2021-12-07) Dmytro Shcherbyna: Awesome!
- (2021-11-27) operator: Just work. So nice.
- (2021-11-12) Антон Сорокин: Groups of tabs are really annoying without this
- (2021-06-10) Samuel Phan: Simple and exactly what I wanted. To open a new tab to the right, the keyboard shortcut is Alt+T (customizable).
- (2021-01-27) Onkalo Kalohan: excellnt. it's what i really want
- (2021-01-05) Jay Q: Finally! Incredibly, Chrome doesn't allow setting keyboard shortcuts for menu items (at least not on Mac). I've been wanting to add a shortcut for "New Tab to the Right" for a long time. Thanks so much for this simple but useful productivity enhancer!
- (2022-03-28, v:1.0.1) Ben Hawkins: Broken as of Chrome 99.0.4844.83
Seems not to work anymore, possibly due to changes in tab groups. If you create a structure like: - Tab 1 - Tab Group 1 - Tab 2 - Tab 3 Then focus on Tab 1 and invoke the extension to open a tab to the right, Tab 3 gets ejected out of Tab Group 1. This seems to only happen when opening tabs to the right of a tab which is adjacent to the beginning of a tab group. This started happening within the last few days for me.
- (2021-12-01, v:1.0.1) operator: Duplication of tab
Big thx for current app! It would be nice to add shorcut for duplication of current tab.