keeps chrome from closing when the last tab is closed by creating a pinned tab when there is one tab left.
keep you from accidentally closing chrome from closing the last tab. this extension auto adds a pinned tab when you are on you last tab. as soon as you open a new tab, the pinned tab closes. this extension was made using "keep last two tabs" code. if you don't like the way this extension works or you want some settings that you can set, try "keep last two tabs". also note that this extensions is unlikely to be updated anymore, but they are open source, so if you really want a feature, you can go ahead and add it. it is also under the mit license, so feel free to fork the code and use it any way you want. created by Evacle ([email protected]). please comment if you found any glitches or if you have some ideas you want to see in this extension.
- (2020-03-09) 7 senle: 若保持chrome在后台运行，一段时间后将会失效
- (2020-03-05) 7 Lemeng: failed now
- (2019-11-30) 拾月初贰: 非常非常感谢你。
- (2019-11-02) tao xiao: very nice！
- (2019-05-22) Dima: Works well
- (2017-11-27) Csaba Szabo: Unfortunately, on Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) Built on Ubuntu , running on Peppermint 8 (64-bit) doesn't actually do anything besides showing its icon. IT just doesn't work. But then... no other similar extension seem to be able to keep the last tab open either, so it must mean chrome/chromium devs have changed smt again
- (2016-12-17) Tom Perry: This is the one you're looking for. I've tried others that are clunky - this does what you seek: close the last tab and it instantly spawns a new one, keeping your browser open.
- (2016-09-15) Yakuky: Great, thanks a lot.
- (2016-09-01) Saran Tanpituckpong: This is addon that I must have. I can prevent last tab closed easily in Firefox. But not Chrome. That annoy me. Thank you for this addon.
- (2016-02-23) Yusuf Ma: I noticed that when I close the last tab, it actually generate a pinned tab?
- (2016-02-13) Jim Stickney: It's ridiculous Chrome still needs an extension like this. With that said, this extension is the best and most eloquent solution for keeping Chrome from closing when the last tab is closed. It's possible to get into a situation where you close the browser without a pinned Live On tab, and when you reopen Chrome the extension won't be active until you open and close some tabs, but that's the fault of Chrome's limitations, not the extension author.
- (2015-11-10) works perfekt for me, thx :)
- (2015-10-12) Et Cetera: Не нарушает порядок переключения по ctrl+pgup/pgdn, ctrl+tab. Does not break tab switching order ctrl+pgup/pgdn, ctrl+tab.
- (2015-10-07) Matúš Koprda: Fixes the most annoying feature of Chrome with a neat little hack.
- (2015-09-22) Darren Z: Seems to work exactly as advertised. I like the fact that the pinned tab stays hidden until you only have one tab open. Very neat and elegant.
- (2015-08-14) Warm William: after install this extension ,everytime I open chrome it automatic opens a pinned tab even when I delete this extension.it's almost makes me crazy .
- (2014-03-14) Spasibo Sorok: РАБОТАЕТ!
- (2014-03-12) Сергей Надеждин: Не даёт закрываться браузеру при закрытии последней открытой вкладке. Рабочее приложение.
- (2013-09-08) Ismael Abu Alrob: This is the best one...exactly
- (2013-08-04) Norbert Simon: Does exactly the promised: Chrome does not close in spite of pressing several times STRG-W, clicking closing on last tab, aso. I have tested several extentions for me this is the best one.
- (2020-10-24, v:0.3) Yixing Wu: stop working
This extension just didn't work anymore. Could you fix that, please?
- (2014-01-16, v:0.3) Nick Wellnhofer: Stopped working with Chrome 32
This extension simply stopped working with Chrome 32