Helps you read Japanese text
This Chrome extension works in concert with Japanese IO (https://www.japanese.io) and brings easy access to dictionary lookups, readings, kanji and example sentences to help you read Japanese web pages. Notice that this extension requires a free Japanese IO account, which can be created from the extension after it has been installed. Paid feature upgrades are available. Word lookups are stored in your profile and you can review and study this vocabulary on the Japanese IO website.
- (2020-10-13) Сергей Клименко: Exatly what was needed
- (2020-09-10) Denis Panjuta: Thanks a lot for this great tool! Looking forward to future updates.
- (2020-08-19) Oguz Gelal: incredible!
- (2020-04-14) Yuxuan Liu: Great. But it would be better if it includes the audio to play each time one clicks on a word.
- (2020-03-29) Derek Baumer: How awesome is this extension! It's really helped me to improve my reading skills, by giving me control over how much help I need when I get stuck on a word I don't know. For a little help, hovering over a kanji reveals the hiragana. For more help, clicking the kanji reveals the translation. I also like how you can even save kanji to study again later with the click of a star button. Amazing job!
- (2020-03-23) Hernan Serra: Needs to add a japanese pronunciation words in romanji or the meaning of the word, like to read names, addresses etc. GOOD!!!
- (2019-12-19) Shelly Teishev: Absolutely great - a must for Japanese learners out there! I've tried a lot of tools, but both this extension and the website have been extremely helpful. I love how the extension "collects" all the words you clicked on and that you can eventually import them to Anki. Keep up the wonderful work!
- (2019-11-15) abusuzuki: In the update number 0.9.0 that was released today 15-11-2019 I noticed that the problem of the IO button that covers the highlighted word was solved, You also solved the problem of auto highliting of the furigana when highliting a word with a kanji and kana letters, In fact, this problem caused me a huge burden because I copy and paste texts dozens of times a day. Thanks a lot for this excellent update !.
- (2019-08-01) Angel Chiu: This app has been so useful for me. Absolutely LOVE it. It's a combination of a handy dictionary and cloud vocabulary notebook. It's efficient, accurate and smart. LOVE IT.
- (2019-06-02) Ellsa Leung: if the app could be added pronunciation would be super perfect! Anyway, thank you guys!! Great Job!!
- (2019-05-07) HN HL: Requires log-in? Not happening.
- (2019-04-25) Taekmin Gang: Useful. But it doesn't work with Japanese Wikipedia...
- (2019-04-14) Mm mm: Hey guys! The extension has been great so far. However, there's a small problem. I'm actually using to cheat l*ingq and whenever I turn a new page, the "ON" button turns gray and the extension wouldn't work! I have to turn the extension off then on again for it to function. Hope you guys can look into this and fix it if it turns out to be a problem. Thanks for the great extension!
- (2019-04-02) Hoshi no Yume: 超棒！雖然目前沒有中文，但能一邊學習日文漢字拼音和複習英語
- (2019-04-02) Pulin Agrawal: Exactly the thing I needed for learning Japanese. I believe reading is the best way to accelerate your learning.
- (2019-03-08) Yiting Li: A perfectly useful app for learning Japanese! Appreciate the developers. Thank you!
- (2019-02-25) Poly Tya: it's very excellent.
- (2019-01-27) Chris: Works impressively well.
- (2019-01-04) Zhenkai Weng: It's a great tool. I would love it if it has pronunciation for individual vocabulary words :) It's sad that it doesn't work with non-standard HTML tags.
- (2018-11-19) Mateus Hoff: I just loved it, perfect.
- (2018-11-05) Aster: Very nice, but the text is a bit small.
- (2018-10-23) Anna S: Helps to understand kanjis right in the text. Therefore, I understand the meaning and can read texts finally.
- (2018-09-09) Jędrzej Stypułkowski: Wymaga sprzedania danych z Facebooka lub Google, a nie pamiętam, żeby wcześniej wymagało. A była to całkiem użyteczna apka.
- (2018-08-11) Oleksii Stormwalk: Just awesome, very useful and really cool
- (2018-07-18) Ryan Gubler: How is this not downloaded more. This is the best kanji reader ever. Instant furigana on demand. Perfect if your fluent, but not fluent enough.
- (2018-06-22) Qi Luan Lim: Really nice
- (2018-04-21) Looks nice. An alternative to Rikaikun. However, it gave the wrong definition when displaying for '背負ってる' where it showed しょってる instead and defined it as looking down on others.
- (2018-01-31) Wavky Huang: Great works!! That is exactly what I am looking for!Thanks for your help! But if you can let me choose which language to translate to (like Chinese), I will be appreciate that.
- (2018-01-04) Nassim Bougtaia: Perfect, thank you so much.
- (2017-11-17) Stanislav Cmakal: Very neat and clever extension. A lot better than others. Well done!
- (2017-10-20) Mike Eidlin: Helps with my japanese learning a looooot!
- (2019-11-29, v:0.9.0) Law Thirtyfour: Need to turn on each tim
It seems like the translations stops every time i go to a new page/tab. I need to click the icon every time before I can just mouse over things to see translations. Is this how it's supposed to work? If so i'd suggest an option to have it automatically go on.
- (2019-08-01, v:0.7.1) Willwe So: popup
No popup with English explanation any more. Before that, popup works well on small browser window but failed on larger window (i.e. max window ). All other extensions' inference are excluded. Re-active Japanese IO doesn't help...
- (2019-06-07, v:0.6.1) Hanako williams: Anki downloads
Hi, the app is not allowing me to download my starred words in anki format anymore - which I believe to be a key part of the app, stating that there is a server problem? Is it possible to get this fixed. Thank you so much.
- (2018-05-18, v:0.2.0) Titia Kool: Text decoration
For some reason the app won't decorate japanese text anymore. It used to work before that time, but know I can't look up the kanji anymore