The distraction free mode (▣) for Google Docs and Google Slides hides all controls and buttons and lets you focus on creation.
- (2020-07-19) Oleg Stirbu: Thanks for the great extension, really helps me focus on the writing instead of all the google docs chrome. Recently the borders of the page with drop-shadow appeared in fullscreen mode. Any idea how to remove them?
- (2020-07-16) Я Дима: То, что мне нужно. Спасибо! UPD на второй день использования стали видны рамки-тени от листа. Как убрать? :(
- (2020-06-28) Vitaliy Zasadnyy: Text, just text, nothing else. Distraction free mode is the feature that Google Docs is desperately missing. The must have extension if you have to write a lot of text in Google Docs.
- (2020-04-04) Mikey Kuplevatsky: Wonderful! :)
- (2020-02-09) Mary Jean Babic: I've added the extension but it's not showing up on GDocs. Any advice?
- (2020-01-25) Kane Fulton: Very disappointed - looked great, but doesn't work with voice typing :( please fix. Will contribute $ if so!
- (2019-12-06) Garth Plamping: Update :) The problem is fixed. Thank you. My eyes thank you. --------------------------------------------------------------- I have loved this extension until today. Chrome says the extension is on, but the black square I click on is gone. What happened? Please fix!
- (2019-12-01) JT Marino: Perfect! This is exactly what I've been looking for. Thanks so much for making this!!!
- (2019-11-06) Rion: Just an amazing extension. I'm glad I came across this. Will write a detailed review later.
- (2019-11-06) curusarn: This is the best dark mode for Google docs I've found. Good thing is that it's likely not going to break when google changes something about the docs because it's simple.
- (2019-11-04) Eric Rooney: Really needed this. I was going "snow blind" reading Google docs.
- (2019-10-21) Rowan Kula: Absolutely fantastic. Does exactly what it says on the tin. It makes google documents a less cluttered environment, and even includes various dark themes to help avoid eye strain. Couldn't ask for anything better. An easy 5 stars.
- (2019-10-05) Varun Khandare: This is exactly what I was looking for. Works with Google Docs, Dark theme options and a distraction-free writing mode, it's all here!
- (2019-09-29) Robert Storm: Absolutely what I've been looking for! Thanks 3000.
- (2019-09-16) Clayton Kale: Just what I needed for the Dark theme alone!
- (2019-06-15) Rex Koontz: Simple and effective--turns google docs into a great focus word processor. Nothing on the screen to distract you from the task at hand. Easy to adjust for your needs. My only desire: a way to focus on just one paragraph, or even one sentence, and have the rest of the text turn darker (like some other focus apps).
- (2019-06-11) Michel Basilieres: Great idea, but it's now broken. It doesn't hide the right-hand sidebar or the new widget to show or hide the Outline. Needs an update.
- (2019-04-14) Jakub Krejčí: Exactly what I was missing in my GDocs... and some more. Good job and Thank You!
- (2019-04-04) Val: Outstanding, turns google docs into an amazing writing tool. Highly recommended.
- (2019-03-26) RickToons Extra: It works really well! Does exactly what it's been designed for.
- (2019-03-01) Evan Griffin: Thank god finally someone made this a reality. I've never been able to have such a successful writing session in years. Hope this helps me keep up the good habits!
- (2019-02-06) Nifty little extension. Does exactly what it says on the box. Retains key functionality like zoom but neatly tucked away in a nondescript corner. Love it.
- (2019-01-24) Ryan Miller: Cleans up docs much better than any others.
- (2018-12-27) Bruno: amazing. thanks.
- (2018-12-17) Geoff Ruscoe: This is excellent. Just what I was looking for. I'm not sure when this was originally available but you should have way more users of this extension than the 2217 currently shown as of today. Thank you very much for this. Google Docs just became my defacto "Word" application because of your effort... (Google are you listening... :)
- (2020-04-18, v:2.0.5) Madison T: Button dissappeared
Have you found a fix for this yet? I've noticed others have the problem. They also dissappeared for me.
- (2020-03-17, v:2.0.5) Leo Zumpetta: Green text?
Love this extension, thank you so much for building it! I would love to be able to change the font color while using the extension, to imitate the green-on-black glow of computers from the 1980s.
- (2020-02-09, v:2.0.2) Darrell Holliday: Button Disappeared
Updated Chrome and reinstalled the extension but it did not appear again... mind fixing this?
- (2020-02-07, v:2.0.2) Sugane Kazuhiko: Icon disappeared
The icon to get into distraction free mode disappeared.
- (2020-02-07, v:2.0.2) beck c.: icon disappeared
the icon that toggles on the distraction free mode on google docs disappeared today, so i can't use the extension...
- (2020-01-27, v:2.0.2) Celia Battson: Highlighted text won't go away
Hi! I just started using your chrome extension, and have found that the text I write, no matter the color of the background, is highlighted. Is there a way to make that go away? I haven't found a solution so far.
- (2019-11-27, v:1.1.5) Steve Doyle: Distraction free button has disappeared
I use your distraction free mode all the time. But today it disappeared! Need it back...bad!
- (2019-11-26, v:1.1.5) Sini Rawr: Distraction Free Button
Today, the button in Google Docs that normally toggles Distraction Free mode vanished from my Google Docs on both my laptop and my desktop.
- (2019-11-06, v:1.1.5) curusarn: Auto-hide ruler when activated
Ruler on the left side stays visible when ▣ is activated. I think it would be nice if it was automatically hidden when ▣ is activated.
- (2019-07-15, v:1.1.5) Jen Bjorgaard: Options button grayed-out
Hi, I just downloaded your extension and am trying to get it to work. When I click on the extension button and try to select "options" as shown in your video, it is grayed out and won't let me. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you!
- (2019-06-05, v:1.1.5) João Ribeiro da Silva: Request
Hello, first of all, let me congratulate you for this wonderful product. It's really great and it functions very well. I have just one suggestion/request: could you move the button to access the menu to the right? When you have a document with an outline, the button is mixed with the outline button. Perhaps if you move it to the right it would solve the problem. Thanks!
- (2019-05-10, v:1.1.5) Gabriel Beeby: Great Tool! Appreciate your time building it!
- (2019-03-22, v:1.1.5) Google Sheets
Is there a way to make this work (make it go dark mode) on google sheets as well? Thanks!
- (2019-03-15, v:1.1.5) Emily Wheeler: not working
I cant get it on my google docs. I have it downloaded and it's on my chrome extension thing but it doesn't show up in my google docs like it does in the video. I have restarted my computer , closed google docs and reopening it , refreshing the page and nothing is working. I have even tried to google a video on how to get it to work. Anyone know a solution to this ?
- (2019-02-05, v:1.1.5) Header glitch
when entering distraction free mode the existing header disappears and cannot be accessed until switched back to normal mode AND "header" is clicked under the "insert" menu.
- (2018-11-02, v:1.1.5) Kim Syvertsen: Google Spreadsheets?
Is it possible to use this extension in Sheets too?