Control the browser with your voice instead of your hands. Use speech recognition to fill forms, open tabs, click links etc!
- (2021-07-30) Naga: I dont know how to use it.
- (2021-07-15) Alexander Kent: Great extension!! I feels really futuristic to navigate your computer with voice commands and not having to touch it. The extension is very well thought out and executed just as well. Would recommend!
- (2021-07-10) Allen Klesh: I love the extension and use it all the time but like my Chrome keeps shutting it down has anyone else run into this?
- (2021-07-05) Gio: it worked but the main reason i downloaded it was to scroll on reddit but it only went to old reddit
- (2021-06-19) Leonardo Aldarondo: Really helpful extension! I use it everyday and it has helped me tremendously with my hand pain. Definitely recommend it.
- (2021-06-05) ADMINS-Dr Shreya,Pavana,Dr Mandeep,Dr SIMRAN Ramsey: my name is Dr Shreya Sriram,I love lip surf.Very easy to use and extremely simple.Makes my work 4 times faster and its a great tool.I save incredible amounts of time and im killing it in my lisencing exams getting the paper work part of my job done totally fast because of lip surf.Lip surf is way easier and faster than other apps of speech to text.
- (2021-01-14) Ryan McLeod: This is really great for WaniKani. I've had one or two mega bad bugs, but the dev team seems to be really responsive and fixed them quickly.
- (2021-01-09) Chandraprakash Loonker: i only use dictation and the comments apply to just that feature. PROS Miko the developer is extremely responsive if you face any problem. Works way better than many other tools i tried on MAC. Dragon does not work on mac. CONS Dictation feature, i miss the most is that it does not learn. If it misspells something it keeps doing the same mistake again and again. There is no way to tell it to associate a pronunciation with a different word (build it's dictionary).
- (2021-01-07) z court: What a joke. Icon extension does not display on/off state. I say 'Tab'. It shows 'Champs'.
- (2020-12-26) Sola Babatunde: I LOVE THIS!! It fixed my Spanish Speaking habits in no time and it is super helpful when I am using 2 monitors. Highly advise using it 💖💖💖💖
- (2020-12-23) Andrei Balan: the add new commands thing is not working
- (2020-11-30) AjayKhatiwal: it's very helpful 😍😍
- (2020-11-25) Little Man: A great idea and extension for the Duolingo App. Please keep improving it :)
- (2020-11-25) Shivum Rampersad: i cant even activate....
- (2020-10-19) Caleb Hollifield: I used to practice Spanish on using Duolingo's app using the voice to text on my phone. This allowed me to focus more on my speaking and do more lessons more quickly. I stopped using Duolingo's app and switched to using their website, because there are no "lives" or limitations on the number of mistakes you can make and it is still free (Pro-tip). Despite the website version making my words per minute typing score probably more than double I still missed the speaking progress I had made with my iPhone speak to text hack. I missed that one iPhone feature enough to one day trying a multitude of different speech-to-text chrome extensions, before finally having my prayers answered by this masterpiece of software right here. All other voice-to-text Chrome extensions I tried (highly rated extensions, might I add) all required a lot of hands on clicking of buttons every time before speaking, didn't cross over languages very well, or just plain didn't work on the Duolingo website for whatever reason. This extension not only is the best text to speech app, but designed for practicing Spanish on the Duolingo website. -Once you enable the extension with one click it stays on for a set time period (adjustable in the settings) and there is no other required clicking or inputs. -LipSurf automatically selects the submit button when you voice the correct answer on the Duolingo website (can turn off in settings). -LipSurf only types what you say. I have had zero trouble with the extension trying to convert sounds coming from my computer (like during the listening exercises on duolingo) -LipSurf will still type your mistakes so it is not a crutch. TL;DR This I used to use the speech-to-text on my iPhone and quickly saw a lot of progress in my speaking. Now I primarily use Duolingo's website instead of the app. This answered my prayers.
- (2020-09-20) Harold Altvater: Total waste of time with Brave Browser on a Mac
- (2020-09-18) SFS Shorts: Very useful but problem is that im from Hong Kong so i need to say a few times before it senses it
- (2020-08-26) J Z: I like it because it's plenty fast. Lots of commands for a smooth experience.
- (2020-08-14) Ali Elgohary: doesn't work on new edge?
- (2020-07-14) Judith Ringers: This is spectacular. I use it mostly on Duolingo and it's made me do ten times more in a day than I did before. I love this extension.
- (2020-07-06) Celia Wroble: This is incredible! Not only is it extremely easy to use and navigate, but it makes practicing languages more fun and you feel more involved. I have been learning French for 3 years now and I feel this is the best tool I have come across. I'm always worried about my pronunciation and this extension has really helped my feel more confident.
- (2020-07-06) Honey: me gusta porque solo apretando puedes dirijir tu pantalla!!
- (2020-07-06) translipcorsia: Terrible app. I understand some options are only for premium users, but DICTATION?! Come one, pretty much any other dictation app (the built in Google voice included for free in Docs and Translate) will not charge for this. If you want an app that lets you dictate with high accuracy without charging, try VoiceIn. You guys should state that this is a paid product from the description. The very purpose of installing it is for paid only users. Why would anyone install this demo then?
- (2020-07-04) Matthew Krawchuk: This is amazing. Perfect for studying my japanese!Thank you for posting this on the learnjapanese reddit man! SUPERSICK!
- (2020-06-26) Mike Beal: This thing is incredible. It really does help with using in Duolingo. There are sometimes where it doesn't understand but those are minor quirks. Very impressive
- (2020-06-24) Caylon Travis: This thing, is absolutely badass. I can't believe this hasn't been commonplace in browsers for years.
- (2020-06-24) Chris S: Didn't realise how bad my Spanish pronunciation was (on Duolingo) - this app really has me improving my speaking ability!
- (2020-06-24) Shireen Lakhani: I can't recommend this highly enough. I use this extension with Duolingo exclusively. I have struggled for the longest time with improving my speaking skill. I now dictate to Duolingo which forces me to speak Spanish. I've been using it every single day and am seeing great improvement in confidence and accuracy. Sooo glad I was recommended this add-on. Thank you for creating this resource!!
- (2020-06-23) Alejandro Salazar: A terrific, terrific piece of work. Complements Duolingo beautifully by further emphasizing oral skills (and being quite strict about the quality of the pronunciation). Absolutely superb effort.
- (2020-04-01) Jinesh Patalia: horrible app...free mode is just unusable... besides interferes with homepage... very intrusive
- (2020-03-11) Ali Asif: This is the quickest and one of the most accurate speech-to-text tools that I have used as of now and I am certain that it will only get better as the days go on. Not only that, but it goes beyond speech writing and allows us to navigate our browser without using our mouse. I am so excited about further features that I know we can get with future updates. Thank you LipSurf.
- (2020-02-28) M D: Just awesome, good job!
- (2020-02-26) Hogan VanSickle: There are enough positive words in the English language to describe this product! I am a quadriplegic and unable to use my hands to type on a keyboard. I have always had to rely on inferior products whose accuracy was dismal, yet I still had to pay two or $300 for their software package. LipSurf does a fantastic job of accurately dictating what I am speaking. It also makes it incredibly easy to navigate the web with just my voice. Not only is the product far superior, but their customer service is the best, bar none. Every time I have had to email with the question, I got a prompt response with an answer that solved my problem. This application is highly customizable and will work wonders for anyone. I just wish I found it sooner.
- (2020-02-18) Chik Curtis: uhh.not bad.
- (2020-01-26) RICHARD LOTHIAN: As long as everything was silent it is fantastic
- (2020-01-19) christian bier: pas de francais
- (2019-11-28) Amol: LipSurf was a lifesaver when I started having problems with repetitive strain injury in my arms and wrists. That problem's gone now, but LipSurf let me use the internet without pain for a while, and I'm really grateful for that.
- (2019-11-02) Sp also: Wow! Everyone should have this. I will probably go Premium. looks like it is a great app.
- (2019-09-26) Louis Swanepoel: Kings and Generals brought me here. I don't normally click on links in the description, but this I just had to.
- (2019-09-14) Jessica DeVita: I had lipsurf up and running (paid version) within 5 - 10 minutes. It is amazing. It works in the chrome browser (not sure about other browsers) and Dragon never did. I have had 3 surgeries on each arm and wrist for cubital tunnel, tendinitis, carpal tunnel and can't type or mouse without pain. Thank you! My 8 year old is now also using this and loves it.
- (2019-09-06) Shea C: I am extremely happy with this product it has been absolutely life-changing as I am dyslexic it helped me a great deal and with the support I have received has been amazing miko has gone above and beyond what I have asked I would happily recommend this to anyone thank you so much
- (2019-08-24) michiakig: I primarily use LipSurf for WaniKani, and it is well worth the monthly cost, as it makes using WK much easier if you are trying to avoid typing, and in some ways actually makes it better. But I've also used LipSurf for navigation and dictation, and it works very well. Compared to the big expensive competitors, which I have used recently as well, Lip Surf is just as good or better for use in-browser. They are very helpful and fast with support questions too.
- (2019-07-31) Hr Gwea: It doesn't work on Chrome 49. You should add a minimum required version in your manifest.
- (2019-07-26) jamiel hafiz: I have used LipSurf for 4 months now and is incredibly valuable for web-based work I have to do. It also makes browsing and emails much easier too. I chose Premium for features helpful for my work and at $6/month it is far cheaper and less cumbersome than Dragon for 2 years. I just had my 1st issue and Miko, the Developer, responded very courtesly and professionally within 15 min. Issue minimal, he got me a solution and then also put in a patch that may help recurrence. Highly recommend this product and company!
- (2019-07-21) jenvet car: this is great. please add support to spanish too
- (2019-06-27) June Bug: I think its pretty cool... Its like Google Assistant...
- (2019-06-11) Amit Saroj: I told "Russian" it change all text to Russian language and no commands are working as I don't know Russian language and when I say "English" it is not switching back to English.
- (2019-05-31) Steve Whitehead: I have been looking for a replacement for Dragon Naturally Speaking for my emails as Dragon has quite high processor overheads which affect the performance of my virtual machine. I have a custom vocabulary for work and asked Miko if he was able to help with this. He added a plugin for custom Homophones/Synonyms and it is just what I need. I've set it up so that it enters the symbols I need as well (double quote = "; single quote = '; hash sign = #; etc). The accuracy is really good and I'm saving tons of time writing emails without my VM slowing down. It seems that LipSurf is very light on overheads. Couldn't be happier right now - I've been looking for something like this for ages! Steve.
- (2019-05-27) Dan Darkow: High quality speech to text software and wonderful developer who is wiling to develop for custom needs. Great alternative for Dragon Naturally Speaking as it is steadily losing quality and stability in Chrome. Definitely worth the investment and commitment to learn!
- (2019-05-23) Samuel Anderson: Great product. I got it for Wanikani to do flash cards. It has save me so much time and increase the rate of words sticking in my head by saying them. It is also useful for surfing, I bring my laptop around the house while I do other things.
- (2021-03-24, v:3.11.4) David Roman: Not working
Hi! Dealing with a bad case of carpal tunnel and was really excited to give this a try but unfortunately it is not functioning for me. I have given microphone access. The plugin icon is saying that it is activated, however nothing happens when I attempt to prompt.
- (2021-03-04, v:3.11.3) michele harmon: how do you join Lipsurf?
can't find anyway to sign up for this service
- (2021-02-15, v:3.11.3) Thomas .Campi: Google sheets not working.. thanks
Google sheets not working.. thanks
- (2021-02-15, v:3.11.3) Thomas .Campi: dictation mode and accuracy!
Dictation mode should be integrated as a toggle ON always now. Please update Also, accuracy is not as good as Word or Outlook. It should self correct for placement (leave a space from last period) and should correct for common sounding english and words. Please keep working. thanks
- (2021-02-05, v:3.11.2) wolfgang lawrence: how do i get my words into a search bar or the active text box?
i see the words on the screen, but how do i get my words into a search bar or the active text box?
- (2021-02-01, v:3.11.2) cem akpolat: Alfred and LipSurf
Hi, nearly four years ago I implemented with my students a quite similar version of your application. Features are nearly same, there are some additional ones. What was your ambition to develop this project?
- (2021-01-09, v:3.11.1) Ryan McLeod: WaniKani sometimes stuck on wrong language
Sometimes after doing a lot of WaniKani reviews with LipSurf it gets stuck trying to interpret my commands as English, even though I'm trying to do a Japanese reading. The commands in the help dialog show up as Japanese, so LipSurf seems to THINK it's in Japanese mode, but the text showing up at the top of the screen is only ever English, try as I might to read the Japanese word in front of me. It's pretty frustrating because so far the only way I've figured out how to fix it is to totally close/re-open the browser, which I don't want to do in the middle of a WaniKani review session.
- (2020-12-28, v:3.10.0) Audrey H: Randomly stops taking voice input in WaniKani
Lipsurf randomly stops listening when doing Wanikani reviews, usually when trying to speak Japanese input. It will sometimes accept English, but sometimes doesn't accept any input at all until restarting the plugin. I followed the support steps to try to resolve this issue but it didn't work. Could it be because I have other Wanikani scripts running?
- (2020-12-18, v:3.10.0) Larry Zhu: Stops working intermittently in wanikani
voice recognition stops working during wanikani and while I can restart the plugin on a different page, it only works for one word before becoming unresponsive again.
- (2020-10-26, v:3.9.0) kid: Old Reddit
It goes to old reddit, I don't like it. I feel like we can easily use new reddit with the tags function, please add an option like ''old reddit modeI/reddit mode'' and let us use the new reddit
- (2020-10-22, v:3.9.0) Chandraprakash Loonker: Brave and edge browser
i am able to install the extension on brave and edge browser. i use different browsers to login with different accounts for my work. Looks like the dictation does not work in brave and edge browser. dictation also does not work in chrome e.g. this message had to be typed because dictation did not work. please guide.
- (2020-09-01, v:3.7.1) Michael Rahman: Language
How do I change the language; it keeeps changing form English to something I don't reconize
- (2020-07-31, v:3.6.0) Olive Cove: Bug that prevents Lipsurf from listening until a new tab in opened
When I open Chrome, the start page is the Lipsurf page. On this page, even after activating Lipsurf manually, it does not listen for commands until I add a new tab. This appears to be a bug.
- (2020-07-30, v:3.6.0) Olive Cove: Can I start chrome with LipSurf activated by default?
This is instead of having to click to activate it, or getting premium for wakeword voice activation. The way I use it is to start chrome using Cortana hands-free, and then I hope to start using LipSurf rightaway without an additional click
- (2020-07-22, v:3.6.0) Andrew Gans: Question regarding LipSurf
I have nerve damage in both hands and arms, so I use Dragon, but there are so many bugs with it that I'm looking to switch. Does your software enable you to click the mouse by saying "mouse click" and "mouse double click"? Thanks for your help.
- (2020-06-26, v:3.4.3) david morton: upgraded to premium
but the wake word wont enable on settings and keeps telling me to upgrade
- (2020-06-10, v:3.3.2) DANNY BURDETTE: score keeping
This will apply to score keeping for ping pong. If i open a scoreboard can i use this to control the scoreboard with my voice so I dont have to click on buttons after every point? Please advise. Thank you in advance.
- (2020-04-05, v:2.13.1) Pippo Costa: Language
Buongiorno, è possibile avere la versione in italiano? Grazie
- (2020-03-13, v:2.13.1) jamiel hafiz: not working on Firefox, google docs and others
The service has been inconsistent for about 2 weeks. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and sometimes that woks. It is not anymore. Red light and "EN" is visible, the balck command box pops up. The preview is accurate, turns green, but no text appears.
- (2020-02-28, v:2.13.1) M D: Very helpful functions
couple of new functions that I would really love to see: - search youtube for "anything" = search youtube - play "anything" = search youtube and play the first search result - go to "any website" = go to the "any website".com
- (2020-02-28, v:2.13.1) M D: new tab not same tab
Oh please, make it open search results and websites in a new tab instead of in the same one
- (2020-02-17, v:2.13.0) David Yossarian: New Tab Setting Update
New update has broken my new tab page. Supposed to be FVD Speed Dial but Chrome settings telling me that Lipsurf is “controlling this setting”. Even if I turn off the setting to use Lipsurf on new tab page (using Lipsurf settings), Chrome still says that Lipsurf is “controlling this setting” and I can’t get it to show my speed dials on new tab. I have tried a few things but whatever I do it seems I cannot have Lipsurf and and FVD both enabled without Lipsurf controlling the new tab page. Turning off the Lipsurf new tab page only gives me the default Chrome new tab page.
- (2020-02-04, v:2.12.0) Anijatsu Gentlemen: Brave browser
I have tried to use this plugin in the Brave browser, however it seems that it doesn't recognize my voice at all. I have checked Windows 10's input meters and the browser has asked for microphone permission, thus I am not sure if the application is at fault here.
- (2020-01-29, v:2.11.0) Rashawn Sims: Double dictation
Hi! When I dictate into some forms, the text appears twice. So, I have to back space the repeated sentence before I continue.
- (2020-01-21, v:2.11.0) Jina Penn-Tracy: Text Dictation Mode
Hi- I was hoping to use this with RedTail a CRM that I use. The dictation mode does not seem to work in their text fields. Is this a customization that you could do? Thanks- Jina
- (2020-01-16, v:2.11.0) Michael Trees: Commands
Be able to print a list of all commands to use as a cheat sheet when learning when using Lipsurf.
- (2020-01-09, v:2.11.0) Abe Bajtner: MS 365
Hi, I installed the cloud version of Word (Office 365). How to I engage it with lipsuf? Thanks Abe
- (2019-08-11, v:2.4.1) Dylan Lawless: which document app ???
Hi there! could you please let me know which document app or software this will work with? Also it will be my daughter usingthis as she has dyslexia and has found it brilliant so far but wants to write stories. We have tried it on wordpad with no luck. many thanks
- (2019-07-26, v:2.3.1) jamiel hafiz: LS on and activated, though Voice not registering
I used it all day, everyday, and this morning it's just not working. . It “activates” when I click the button (red dot appears and “EN” appears) but no speech registers. I have closed browser window and reopened. I have checked the microphone which still works on my computer's integrated voice command. I tried no headphone mode and it’s not working I need help and can’t have downtime today. Please help troubleshoot ASAP. I sent an email if calling is faster. Thanks
- (2019-07-25, v:2.2.0) Dave Sullivan: Gmail
How do I use it to dictate emails in gmail
- (2019-05-22, v:1.17.0) Angela Wanner: Custom Homosyns
I was playing around with these setting up commands to open web pages since I have to do this frequently for work Finally figured out how to get it to do what I wanted but I noticed if I uncheck a box next to one it does not stay unchecked and also would be great if there was away to delete ones we no longer need or as in my case that we messed up when creating
- (2019-04-06, v:1.14.0) Michal Sečanský: WaniKani helper window is reappearing again and again
WaniKani helper window is reappearing again and again even after I closed it. Very annoying. Can you fix it please? Thank you.
- (2018-11-25, v:1.5.0) Hark: LipSurf in Vivaldi Browser
Hi, I have recently discovered Vivaldi as a decent alternative to Chrome, although I mostly use Firefox. I installed Lipsurf and it appears as normal, however it does not detect anything i say. I don´t know if its just because it does not have the permissions which i don´t really know how to change, or if its because I am using Vivaldi. Thanks Hark
- (2018-11-05, v:1.2.0) Alexander Campbell: Can't access the tutorial
Nothing happens after installation, if anything is supposed to happen at all to guide new users through configuration. I click the extension icon to enable voice control, and nothing. I right click to check the options, and the microphone permission seems to be active, but no verbal prompts work. On the same page, underneath a header titled Subscriptions, there's a continuous buffer. I can't seem to find any way to make the extension work, which is a shame, since I was excited to check it out.